SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn v QPR

Shabani

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

We win a match and I still feel like we've lost. (Please don't use that word again) off Steve Kean and (Please don't use that word again) off our ###### defence who can't go through a single ###### game without making an embarrassment of themselves.

Don't be fooled by the result in this game - we were poor for most of the first half and absolutely AWFUL in the second. We still look every inch a relegation team. QPR and Mark Hughes will be gutted they lost to us because we are turd.

We're a joke. This last 20 minutes confirms we are down do me. Even if we win, we can't get enough points playing like this.

When was the last time we won a game and didn't defend desperately and rely on luck for the last 15 minutes?

Good result, but what this paints in the bigger picture is terrifying. 3-0 at home against a poor team and we still end up hanging on.

We win a match and I still feel like we've lost. (Please don't use that word again) off Steve Kean and (Please don't use that word again) off our ###### defence who can't go through a single ###### game without making an embarrassment of themselves.

Don't be fooled by the result in this game - we were poor for most of the first half and absolutely AWFUL in the second. We still look every inch a relegation team. QPR and Mark Hughes will be gutted they lost to us because we are turd.

Yes but 3 points. I'm more than happy coming out with that. Main complaints for some games this season we are playing well and getting nothing. Today we were below par and walked away with all 3 points. I'll always be happy when rovers win whoevers in charge...

Its nothing to do with bringing on another striker (formica was not playing up front)

We stand off and let players run at us, its suicide.We've gone from a side closing down getting wide players when we have the ballto the clueless numpties that ewe have seen all season. How the fook does keane get paid

Okay, three points. Shouldn't have to cling on by the skin of our teeth having been three up.

Troybo1, I think bringing on another midfielder for Formica would have been a far more sensible option. Three up,close down the midfield. We didn't need to switch formation at all. Ol' Keano is a pound shop tinkerman.

Another game that doesn't paper over the cracks.

Another game that not only can we not keep a clean sheet, we concede 2

Yes it's a very welcome 3 points, but we won't stay up if we continue to leak goals like that.

• Backroom

Yes but 3 points. I'm more than happy coming out with that. Main complaints for some games this season we are playing well and getting nothing. Today we were below par and walked away with all 3 points. I'll always be happy when rovers win whoevers in charge...

If you can watch that second half and be happy then fair play to you pal, I found it embarrassing. We went in 3-0 up and came out looking like a pub team. Substitutions were an absolute shambles and the team looked terrified after QPR scored their first.

There was nothing in that game to suggest long term we're anything other than relegated. We cannot keep conceding 2 goals+ on average a game and stay up, it's as simple as that.

This was a fluke win, in every sense of the word.

We won that game despite Steve Kean, not because of him. Poor substitutions and we remain in the relegation zone thanks to that second half.

We go 3-0 up and he changes the formation. How is that logical?

I think he wanted to wipe out that Arsenal result and get our goal difference back to a respectable level. How wrong he was and almost threw it away!

Or he got a call from India at half time saying "You're not meant to win the bl**dy game! Parachute payments.. PARACHUTE PAYMENTS"

Okay, three points. Shouldn't have to cling on by the skin of our teeth having been three up.

Troybo1, I think bringing on another midfielder for Formica would have been a far more sensible option. Three up,close down the midfield. We didn't need to switch formation at all. Ol' Keano is a pound shop tinkerman.

I was thinking ,Formica hardly seeing the ball swap for Modeste at least he can keep hold of it n maybe play Yak in(who were the other options?)Its been proved all season that Rovers cannot defend a lead so why try.

In all honesty how the fook can Keane sleep at night(if i went from 40k a year to 1.5 m i would take any ######)

3 points, we fight on COME ON YOU BLUES

dont mean to be negative, but what the hell have rochina and vucevich done wrong, why pick henly to play out of position on the right and modeste?

when ever we take the lead in a game it always seems like kean tries to sabotage things by making bizare and unesasary subs and tactical changes.

If you can watch that second half and be happy then fair play to you pal, I found it embarrassing. We went in 3-0 up and came out looking like a pub team. Substitutions were an absolute shambles and the team looked terrified after QPR scored their first.

There was nothing in that game to suggest long term we're anything other than relegated. We cannot keep conceding 2 goals+ on average a game and stay up, it's as simple as that.

This was a fluke win, in every sense of the word.

I agree we look screwed but the formation was working well until he changed it up. Just to confirm final match stats:

Blackburn Rovers

QPR

Possession

40%

60%

Shots

On Target

Luck

100%

0%

Once again I though dann was poor and Hanley had to do the work of 2 defenders. Dann just doesnt do enough needs to be our last choice defender he really does look slow and out of his depth, a cardboard cut out of mrs desai partnering Hanley would have been more useful.

dont mean to be negative, but what the hell have rochina and vucevich done wrong, why pick henly to play out of position on the right and modeste?

when ever we take the lead in a game it always seems like kean tries to sabotage things by making bizare and unesasary subs and tactical changes.

I agree with all of that, its just frustrating.

Rovers show us all that sometimes winning just isn't enough. First we were good, scoring 3 goals put us in dream land. Then Kean turns tinker man and very nearly costs us all 3 points.

We were shocking in the 2nd half and QPR could have easily walked away with a point or maybe even more.

Still think we will go down im afraid.

Rochina has been rubbish and loses possession all the time. Not sure what Vukcevic has done wrong, I can only assume Kean wanted someone more dynamic. It was a terrible decision though, I'm not sure Henley retained possession once. I initially thought it was going to be Olsson pushed into midfield and Henley at left back, which might have made more sense.

Whatever luck we didn't have against Newcastle was given back (and then some) today.

Basically, any game we win seems like it will need to involve a mixture of Yakubu/lucky goals, plus desperate defending, poor opposition finishing and blind luck. That's not a recipe for safety.

Great first half. Baffling substitutions and yet another late collapse. Fix our defending problems and we'll be where we belong - 30+ points and competing for a top half finish. Instead relegation still looks more likely than not.

Midfield is the biggest problem Rovers have had since savage left.The whole point of midfield is to attack when we have the ball n defend when we hav'nt The midfield cant do either for more than 10 mins a game

Archived