BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester City v Rovers Preview 25/2/2012

colin

Call me MENTAL but for some reason I keep seeing this as a nil nil. (Probably cos we havent kicked off yet)

I just think with all the publicity we have had recently about us never keeping clean sheets and going against free scoring City away we are MEANT to get battered.

BUT we all expected a hammering at OT and pulled off a shock result.We certainly seem to perform better as the underdogs.

I think if Kean plays his 10 men behind the ball tactic AND we have the game of our lives defensively AND City are below par AND we have a bit of luck (Like City have penalty appeals turned down and they hit the woodwork etc) AND City get tired/injuries from the Porto match

we might get that nil nil.

If City are on song however, 4, 5, 6 - 0 basically as many as they feel like scoring.

You are mental!

No clean sheet since April, Lowe out, Samba out, Givet out (I think) we might get seriously embarrassed again, particularly as kompany and Toure are back and will be chomping at the bit.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are mental!

No clean sheet since April, Lowe out, Samba out, Givet out (I think) we might get seriously embarrassed again, particularly as kompany and Toure are back and will be chomping at the bit.

As a Rovers fan, forget the owners , manager( - none are befitting of our club) I will be at Man City on Saturday, along with 5 other family and friends, shouting our ###### off in favour of our team. We are Rovers fans end of.

I understand issues but 'Rovers till I Die' is a real statement. If you say it, endorse it!

As a Rovers fan, forget the owners , manager( - none are befitting of our club) I will be at Man City on Saturday, along with 5 other family and friends, shouting our ###### off in favour of our team. We are Rovers fans end of.

I understand issues but 'Rovers till I Die' is a real statement. If you say it, endorse it!

Oh man you're boring. We all know you're Rovers' greatest fan EVER. Happy now?

He was making a valid point in regards to our chances of keeping a clean sheet. What's your post got to do with anything?

Oh man you're boring. We all know you're Rovers' greatest fan EVER. Happy now?

He was making a valid point in regards to our chances of keeping a clean sheet. What's your post got to do with anything?

top man

You are typical of many who ensure that the informed fail to inform the uninformed on these websites. So as a consequence you will continue to debate whether we'll keep a clean sheet or not.? What's the relevance?

Sorry, I was rising to the bait but thanks for the accolade, you're probably right!

I remember going to Maine Rd and watching us get beat 6-0 - back in the days of diddy David Hamilton. Strange match - I thought we started quite well - but it was one of those days when everything they hit went in.

I don't know why - but I feel we might be able pull off a bit of an upset and get a draw - mind you I was similarly optimistic prior to Arsenal.

Is Samba definitely out of this one ?

top man

You are typical of many who ensure that the informed fail to inform the uninformed on these websites.

What does that even mean?

If by 'informed' you mean 'ROVERS ROO ROO ROO RAA RAA RAA!' then yeah, you're a beacon of light.

So as a consequence you will continue to debate whether we'll keep a clean sheet or not.? What's the relevance?

This is a topic debating the upcoming match. Not another darrenrover: Superfan topic.

Sorry, I was rising to the bait but thanks for the accolade, you're probably right!

:brfcsmilie:

Bob; Mattyblue; Sharrockdownsouth; LeChuck; Dazrover,

Thank you for your kind comments.

The quality of the preview is mostly down to Marc Riley who replied with good grace and good humour. For which I thank him.

Just shows that being a football supporter doesn't have to be a continual running battle with insults & bad feeling.

City will not only want to win this but also to anhilate Rovers because at the end of the season, goal difference may well decide the PL. At the moment, they are +9 on United but that could quickly disappear looking at United's remaining fixtures.

I believe that we will lose by at least four goals.

Such is my disillusionment with both Rovers and football, I even declined a 'freebie' day / night out in Manchester.

Thanks for the preview Colin.

As a team, we are so erratic and unpredictable as a side that I think you'd have to be psychic to predict whats going to happen here. A thrashing is certainly on the cards, but there have been some weird results pulled out of the bag recently. To me, those odd results show that on a good day, Rovers can beat anyone.

Useless management is responsible however for not bringing out the talent and confidence that allows us to have those good days.

As with the Man U game at Old Trafford, if Rovers are on their game and Man C are cocky, complacent and overconfident, we may give them a nasty surprise. Otherwise, we'll get a right royal hiding like we got against Arsenal.

Hopefully, its the former.

Thanks for the preview Colin.

As a team, we are so erratic and unpredictable as a side that I think you'd have to be psychic to predict whats going to happen here. A thrashing is certainly on the cards, but there have been some weird results pulled out of the bag recently. To me, those odd results show that on a good day, Rovers can beat anyone.

Useless management is responsible however for not bringing out the talent and confidence that allows us to have those good days.

As with the Man U game at Old Trafford, if Rovers are on their game and Man C are cocky, complacent and overconfident, we may give them a nasty surprise. Otherwise, we'll get a right royal hiding like we got against Arsenal.

Hopefully, its the former.

Unfortunately I think Mancini will use the Man Utd game as an example to make sure his team DONT take a win against us for granted.

Im still praying for a nil nil, Paul Robinson will hopefully show why he is back in the England set up and Samba will firstly play and play out of skin trying to earn that big move he wants. If he helps keep us up and we sell him for 8 million at the end of the season id be happy.

Archived