BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers vs Aston Villa preview

Please god no.

http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10303~2630554,00.html

Kean reckons Olsson will play?

"Martin Olsson has come back with a knock on his knee and his ankle. It is disappointing because we thought he was going to play 45 minutes but they kept him on for the 90 so that wasn't ideal.

"But we think he'll shake it off so he'll be okay."

So expect him to miss the game.

He won't be playing then.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please god no.

http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10303~2630554,00.html

Kean reckons Olsson will play?

"Martin Olsson has come back with a knock on his knee and his ankle. It is disappointing because we thought he was going to play 45 minutes but they kept him on for the 90 so that wasn't ideal.

Just goes to show how little respect the Swedish FA have for the priick.

• Backroom

Lawro reckons we'll get our first clean sheet of the season and win 2-0.

I think he's resorted to smoking crack this year. :wacko:

Not just this year pal.

I hope Venky's weekly budget sheet produces a favourable report to select our team with.

My team for this game is

Robinson; Orr, Dann, Hanley, Martin Olsson; Dunn, Nzonzi; Vukcevic, Formica, Hoilett; Yakubu.

Subs:- Bunn, Henley, Marcus Olsson, Petrovic, Rochina, Modeste, Goodwillie.

i will go foe 3-1 win with Yakubu, Formica and Dann to score!!!

My team for this game is

Robinson; Orr, Dann, Hanley, Martin Olsson; Dunn, Nzonzi; Vukcevic, Formica, Hoilett; Yakubu.

Have you checked with Karen Silk?

Another limp performance and a humbling 3-1 loss, the players give in and say feck Kean and start to make a fist of it at 3-0 down, wait that sounds like last week. One more chapter in the Venky's masterplan for ASSet stripping. It's on telly here and, I never thought I would ever say this, I may give it a miss such is my dislike for the shower from india and their patsy. Seems like I have to get the garden ready for veggie planting, might be more exciting.

My team for this game is

was gonna say are you smoking lawro's crack.........but the connotations of that sentance appall me. So i'll just say that 3-1 seems optimistic.

Can"t think of anyone I would rather be playing than this lot today. Poor form, hated manager, injuries to key players...perfect timing really. I can see a 2-2 draw with us leading twice and throwing it away. A win for Villa would just about secure them but a loss might drag them in so it"s a big game for them as well.

Good time to play Villa especially at Ewood. We will concede goals but win 3-2 or 4-2.

The only downside is Kean's lip licking smirking after match presser where he will claim all the credit blah blah blah. And the tossers and inserter in Pune basking in a PL win against a crap Villa.

Good luck to all who March today - hope weather is kind to you.

• Moderation Lead

As others have said, good time to play Villa, apparently the fans really turned on McLeish allegedly. Though I'd take him over SK in a heartbeat obviously.

At any rate, how often do teams/players find their form against us? Rovers to win... JUST.

Form the BBC:

Rovers are the only team in the top four divisions in England not to have kept a clean sheet this season and have conceded more goals (59) than anyone else in the Premier League, but Villa's attacking record might give them hope. I was surprised to learn that with Darren Bent out of the picture it is four months since any of Villa's available strikers have scored in the league.

They are the only team in the top four divisions in England not to have kept a clean sheet this season. If they concede against Villa it will be the longest streak without a clean sheet in the top flight since QPR's all-time record of 39 matches in 1968-69.

Cracking chance for Keano to go down in footballing folklore. You just love racking up the records don't ya Keano? Be warned though clinching another record will only result in more hand written letters for you to respond too. Everyone loves a winner.

Another limp performance and a humbling 3-1 loss, the players give in and say feck Kean and start to make a fist of it at 3-0 down, wait that sounds like last week. One more chapter in the Venky's masterplan for ASSet stripping. It's on telly here and, I never thought I would ever say this, I may give it a miss such is my dislike for the shower from india and their patsy. Seems like I have to get the garden ready for veggie planting, might be more exciting.

This.

This is a must win game for me, I think that we will need 36 points to stay up, that is 15 points from the last 12 games. To have any chance we are going to have to win the home games against Villa, Norwich and Wigan. Good to see so many confident people on here, I am deeply worried about this game. Villa are very good away from home and the pace of Gabby and N'Zogbia will cause our frail defence plenty of problems.

I thought he came across really well.

As for today, we NEED to win this one or it's pretty much game over.

In Kean can't manage to guide a team to a win against this Villa side then there is absolutely no hope for him.

I'm going for 2-2. Don't think we will win this. Have a feeling Agbonlahor will decide to turn up for Villa today and I always feel like N'Zogbia gives Rovers some real problems, especially now we have a primary school playground defence.

Yak will get both of our goals and Kean will run onto the pitch and do a Ravanelli celebration around the pitch. He will then take Robbo off and put Modeste on and play 2 strikers and no goalkeeper and villa will get a couple of goals back to draw the match.

After the game Kean will draw positives in the fact that playing withot a goalkeeper for a period of the game and only letting 2 goals in is a big plus and shows that the players are behind him. The end.

Archived