BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton Away Allocation

I couldn't see any other topics on this.

Today I contacted the ticket office to ask whether the 2,800 is an initial allocation or the entire allocation. I was told that it is the entire allocation, and that no more will be available if we sell out the 2.8k. I find this strange, as the 2.8k is presumably the bottom tier. Usually we would be given the top tier if the bottom tier sold out. Does that mean bolton fans will be in the top tier?

Assuming I haven't been misinformed, I think there may be a lot of dissapointed rovers fans. It has been a while since we played bolton away on a saturday 3pm. It's obviously not a televised game, only 15 quid and clearly a massive game.

I will be getting my tickets tomorrow!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's probably because if they take the extra allocation then Rovers have to pay for any unsold tckts. I doubt there would be any left on this occasion but they will be terrified of having to pay owt. It may be we have all the top and half the bottom though ?

Bolton have given us the minimum allocation possible because they have a 2 games for £20 offer for home fans attending the qpr and rovers fixtures. Also I'm sure for such a big game they would rather 2800 rovers than 5000. Got mine Saturday.

How many tickets can a ST holder buy?

Just the one. Open sale 9am weds

No doubt another demonstration of the incompetence of the Rovers administration. The club should be doing everything within its power to send as many Rovers supporters as possible to the Reebok. Last year we took 4,000 and that was for a fairly insignificant game. Considering the magnitude of this occasion there is little doubt in my mind we could fill the entire stand. I consider it somewhat embarrassing that our club has failed to secure the maximum allocation for a derby game of such significance. The powers that be obviously have little faith in the size of our support or its importance.

They couldn't even get the full allocation at Wolves for a massive game. Only announce free travel 10 days before the match and only take the reduced allocation in the South Bank rather than the maximum allocation in the lower tier of the Steve Bull like we had last season. This is nothing to do with the ground redevelopment, West Brom had the full allocation last week.

Never mind, at least I can have a free pie before getting on the coach. No wonder I get fed up with Rovers sometimes.

Not sure I buy the stadium redevelopment argument for our small Wolves allocation. West Brom had the 3,000 section for the sky game recently. They can still fit over 25,000 into that ground even with the redevelopment so I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be allowed to limit the opposition to 1,300. Far more likely for me is that Rovers picked the smaller allocation because they didn't think we'd fill the larger one (probably true), then put the free coaches on as an afterthought by which time it was too late to change things. Nice gesture of course but a perfect example of the shoddy organisation Venkys are making a company speciality out of.

Fair enough on Bolton. Sure they can just give us the 3,000 if they think they can sell the rest. Noblot ingrates directly above us for that one then, should be nice.

Is there a reason why it won't let me select any tickets? they aren't sold out and I'm a Season Ticket holder so they went on sale on the 2nd..

Edit: after about 50 attempts it finally opened up one of the blocks, only 3 tickets remaning if anyone wants to get one quickly. I'm not sure if more blocks on the diagram will be opened when this block has been sold out

Who's to say Bolton didn't turn around and go, no chance 2,800 is all your getting.

That's how I see it, no fault of rovers this one. Bolton think they can sell the rest of the stand to there own supporters, and the less rovers fans there the better from there point of view.

I think wolves game they just thought "we've only sold 300" which they had last Wednesday "let's put free coaches on for remaining cause it's only 1000 more". They wouldn't have offered it for 3000 allocation. Wolves would have give us more if asked many teams have had the lower tier on side at wolves this season which is 3000. On Saturday we will be behind the goal. As for Bolton 2800 still a good allocation really, we will make enough noise!

Think the Bolton allocation is due to their attempt to fill the ground with home fans.

QPR/ Blackburn games are buy one, get one free.

Have not been to a Rovers game for months.

May go to this, but with a mega Coco Out/Stuff Venkys banner. Worth it just to give Coco and his chicken mates some stick.

Will order the banner tomorrow.

Unless your planning on supporting your team, then dont bother. We need 100% support inside the grounds to hopefully help the boys get 3 points, not protests and banners!

Think the Bolton allocation is due to their attempt to fill the ground with home fans.

Unless your planning on supporting your team, then dont bother. We need 100% support inside the grounds to hopefully help the boys get 3 points, not protests and banners!

sorry son but the banners will be coming out AND I will be shouting for my team.

We love you venkys we do

Steve keans blue n white army

Just got my tickets but had to ring rovers hotline as they have sold out the online allocation. Not many left apparently.

They do a funny thing with the online away tickets. They only make a batch available (about 50!), let them run out then put another batch on. For away games I find it is just easier not to bother with online at all.

They do a funny thing with the online away tickets. They only make a batch available (about 50!), let them run out then put another batch on. For away games I find it is just easier not to bother with online at all.

I have ordered mine over the phone after trying to order online. Onerovers wouldn't let me so I asked the girl who took my order why I couldn't order online She said there was only so many available online and once they have gone they don't put any more on. I didn't ask her the numbers they put online but she did say they are selling extremely well.

Archived