BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton Away Allocation

Steve Kean has said at his Sunderland pre-match press conference that if Bolton request it then he would be happy to postpone the game on Saturday.

Talking to some Bolton fans they are in shock as to what happened on Saturday but their feeling was that the game should go ahead on Saturday, they wanted to be together collectively and the best place for that would be at the reebok. I suspect that come the weekend the Bolton players may also want to go out there and do it for Fabrice.

I am still desperately praying/hoping that he can pull through.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve Kean has said at his Sunderland pre-match press conference that if Bolton request it then he would be happy to postpone the game on Saturday.

I hope they don't but this is the correct stance to take.

The difference between what happened and the Bolton players being in shock compared to the fact that businesses don’t close down when an employee passes away is that you do not tend to watch the person collapsing, practically dying, being resuscitated and rushed to hospital. My friend died from Sudden Adult Death Syndrome and I was in the room with him at the time, trust me it is not something you get over quickly and the difference between finding out a work colleague has passed to watching what happened to Muamba is on a whole new planet.

I have every sympathy for Muamba, his family, the players and everyone at WHL at the weekend, and if they do not feel up to playing then so be it.

Yes, Rovers are doing the right thing.

The Guardian has reported - Bolton's next game is due to be in the Premier League, against local rivals and fellow relegation candidates Blackburn, at home on Saturday, although no decision will be made until much later in the week about whether that match can proceed.

It should have nothing to do with Kean, it should be down to the Chairman/board/Paul Hunt to make these kind of decisions. Kean should just go along with whatever is decided.

Or am I getting even more bitter against him?

Or am I getting even more bitter against him?

I think so!

He was probably asked the question and he answered it. It won't be down to him.

This is been a constant problem throughout Venky's reign; Kean is the only spokesperson that we have at the club, so he ends up answering questions that aren't part of his job.

Heaven forbid something happens to Muamba. But if it does, what then? Will games be postponed further for the grieving process?

I'm not saying this for footballing reasons (like I give a damn about this season), but I do think the players should get on with business and get that first game out of the way asap. I think Fabrice would want them to.

Then why is Hunt saying faf all.

Kean loves it.

Even the media whores like Redknapp have kept their own council regarding the sad situation regarding Fabrice Muamba but the little b**stard Kean can't. It's all about respect and he shows himself up for what he is sometimes. He was the same when Gary Speed died. He just can't help himself whenever there is a microphone near to him. Well here is some advice you snivelling little worm - keep your gob shut because what you say means nothing to anybody except perhaps you.

Even the media whores like Redknapp have kept their own council regarding the sad situation regarding Fabrice Muamba but the little b**stard Kean can't. It's all about respect and he shows himself up for what he is sometimes. He was the same when Gary Speed died. He just can't help himself whenever there is a microphone near to him. Well here is some advice you snivelling little worm - keep your gob shut because what you say means nothing to anybody except perhaps you.

Ridiculous statement.

He should of course have answered any questions asked to him regarding Muamba as 'no comment', shouldn't he?

We are playing them soon and therefore he will have been asked a question about whether the game will go ahead. Stop looking for things to blame him with.

Not used to defending Kean about anything but come on. One of the few aspects in which he deserves some sympathy is the way Venkys have heaped running 90% of the club on top of his management by removing the board and appointing a useless statue like Hunt as his superior. If he has to make these statements because nobody else will then so be it. We're playing them in 5 days and it'd be weird and slightly disrespectful if the club didn't come out with some statement of sympathy. Who cares whether Kean made it or someone else did.

Behave yourself.

Not used to defending Kean about anything but come on. One of the few aspects in which he deserves some sympathy is the way Venkys have heaped running 90% of the club on top of his management by removing the board and appointing a useless statue like Hunt as his superior. If he has to make these statements because nobody else will then so be it. We're playing them in 5 days and it'd be weird and slightly disrespectful if the club didn't come out with some statement of sympathy. Who cares whether Kean made it or someone else did.

You think Kean minds being pretty much top dog of the UK side?

Nice words Zulu, thanks.

Good to see you back.

Do you want Saturdays game to go ahead or not?

I really don't know at the moment Roost. I'm still a bit stunned by it all. Also my answer will depend on what transpires in the next 24/48 hours. We will have to start playing again soon. I'm totally in agreement with tomorrow's game at Villa being called off (and I was going!) but unsure about Saturday.

End of the day Kean or whoever at Rovers where bound to say "we will postpone if Bolton request" otherwise he'd/rovers would look like a bunch of even bigger pricks in the football world..

As of yet it seems Bolton havnt request a date change... I think Bolton may hold out and see if he comes out of his coma ok then maybe postpone towards the end of the week...

This game is a sell out, something Bolton havnt had for a while but Bolton had a deal on for their fans that the buy tickets for games against QPR & Rovers but only pay for one... Hence why it sold out!!!!!

I really don't know at the moment Roost. I'm still a bit stunned by it all. Also my answer will depend on what transpires in the next 24/48 hours. We will have to start playing again soon. I'm totally in agreement with tomorrow's game at Villa being called off (and I was going!) but unsure about Saturday.

So are you a Bolton fan then?

End of the day Kean or whoever at Rovers where bound to say "we will postpone if Bolton request" otherwise he'd/rovers would look like a bunch of even bigger pricks in the football world..

As of yet it seems Bolton havnt request a date change... I think Bolton may hold out and see if he comes out of his coma ok then maybe postpone towards the end of the week...

This game is a sell out, something Bolton havnt had for a while but Bolton had a deal on for their fans that the buy tickets for games against QPR & Rovers but only pay for one... Hence why it sold out!!!!!

So are you a Bolton fan then?

he is :)

staggering statement! what was he expected to say! ?

im all for slating Kean.. when its deserved, but for answering this question ? you serious ?

using the muamba tragedy to criticise Kean..hang your head! :angry2:

Feel the same to be honest. I have a ticket for Saturday and was so looking forward to the day out but now I don't know what to think.

Postponing Villa was the right decision - postponing Saturday, I really don't know.

You think Kean minds being pretty much top dog of the UK side?

Yeah to be honest. Being a manager is more than enough for anyone, you see the effect it has on people who do it in their faces. 1 year in football management seems to produce about 3 years of ageing. Kean's looked like **** warmed up for most of this season and I can't imagine having to handle pretty much everything at Rovers is doing him any favours.

Yeah to be honest. Being a manager is more than enough for anyone, you see the effect it has on people who do it in their faces. 1 year in football management seems to produce about 3 years of ageing. Kean's looked like **** warmed up for most of this season and I can't imagine having to handle pretty much everything at Rovers is doing him any favours.

I would say his sweetner of a new deal late last year helped out there.

It's all his choice, he could have gone back to his old life as cone and bib man at any time.

Archived