BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music/gigs

Saw Jurassic 5 in Leeds on Tuesday night- heck of a show! At the 02 Academy (formerly Creation Nightclub from my uni days), nice venue- got stung for parking though- £11 for 4 hours. Should probably have done my research....

O2 is a dreadful venue, both acoustically and practically. Other than some of the bands playing there, it has absolutely no redeeming futures. Give me The Cockpit or The Brundenell over it any time.

Parking in Leeds is expensive, but £11 for 4 hours is nuts.. £3 a day means getting there for 8am and about a mile into town. £6 a day where I work. £10 if you want all day in the centre.

Junction16.jpg

Seeing the Mondays again in Leeds later this year, but seeing that flyer reminded me of this pic I shared on Facebook and only two people had the slightest clue who it was (real nice bloke too).

15061_10151477496791920_994735595_n.jpg

• Moderation Lead

O2 is a dreadful venue, both acoustically and practically. Other than some of the bands playing there, it has absolutely no redeeming futures. Give me The Cockpit or The Brundenell over it any time.

Parking in Leeds is expensive, but £11 for 4 hours is nuts.. £3 a day means getting there for 8am and about a mile into town. £6 a day where I work. £10 if you want all day in the centre.

Seeing the Mondays again in Leeds later this year, but seeing that flyer reminded me of this pic I shared on Facebook and only two people had the slightest clue who it was (real nice bloke too).

I liked the venue tbh, but I can't help but think they could have made it a bit bigger, recalling what creation looked like! J5 sounded great so I can't complain!

Dave Haslam seems a decent bloke but that's only going off his twitter, I can't wait for tomorrow (after today's game of course) that line up is just too good I hope there's only one stage so I can see them all...

Edited by sweeneybrfc

• 3 weeks later...

Went to see Leonard Cohen at the MEN last night, absolutely superb, first set took an hour, second set nearly 2 hours. For a 78 year old not bad going. He played most of his better known numbers and a few that I hadn't heard before. His backing band were top notch and he still has a dry sense of humour, Did about six numbers for the encore.

• 2 months later...

Whilst visiting San Francisco last month, I was lucky enough to see the brilliant Frank Turner at The Fillmore.

In my opinion, he is the finest English singer/songwriter around at the moment. Live, he didn't disappoint.

By the way, The Fillmore is worth a visit. Outstanding legendary venue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom

WWE ?????

Seriously?

Yeah....seriously.

You have to stand next to the inevitable 'John 3:16' sign waver with one asking 'what time is it Stuart?'

Managed ringside seats but unfortunately on the camera-side so less likely to be on TV. But I'll try and sneak in a Benoit sign or something.

Hope you enjoy Bob. I am going Saturday but have heard some mixed reports of what Dylan is like live.

He wasn't very good live during the 80's by all accounts, he even lost his voice for a while which makes his performnces today even more remarkable.

I've seen him recently and his music is fantastic and really complements his voice, should be good and maybe the last time we'll get to see him.

Edited by GAV

This was the sixth time I've seen Dylan. Tonight was without doubt the best. Fantastic night, great band and Bob in fine form.

Don't be late, he started early this evening which caught quite a few people out.

This was the sixth time I've seen Dylan. Tonight was without doubt the best. Fantastic night, great band and Bob in fine form.

Don't be late, he started early this evening which caught quite a few people out.

Thanks for the heads up Paul, what time did he come on?

If you could reveal to me why you think it's odd, feel free.

If you don't know why paying £40+ to watch 'American Wrestling' is odd, then good luck to you I say :tu:

Edited by GAV
  • Like 1

Well I had to suffer The Lumineers last night at the Apollo as part of her birthday presents. Only good thing I can say is that it was full of fit birds. Just to rub salt in, The Temperance Movement were playing down the road, I sat there pervin' and thinking of the lucky keanards down the road. Oh well kept the missus happy.

Went to the Dylan gig Saturday. He did come on around 7:40 and there was a congestion getting to the seats! Fantastic gig, Bob was definitely in good form. Just to be picky, and it's not just Dylan, why do some artists feel the need to re do some of the older songs? I like Tangled up in blue like the 1974 version! Also there was no interaction with the crowd. This is being picky! I came out feeling in awe that i had just seen a legend and he did some great songs! You will enjoy Gav!