BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 2011/12: The Final Countdown

Guest Wen Y Hu

Full marks to Wigan's support .... who despite having a manager with a similar record to Kean at the time .... didn't press the self destruct button back in September and help heap a malaise on their own club.

The Wigan fans probably knew that they had a decent chairman, that would most likely make a good judgement of the situation. Wigan's manager wasn't constantly lying and bullshitting his way through interviews. Oh and guess what? Their manager is actually a manager, seems like a decent role model as well, most likely picks his strongest 11 too and doesn't forfeit cup ties.

Rovers fans have been through a hell of a time lately, it's very likely we are rotten from the core and it's looking extremely grim. I think you'd see a much worse reaction from many of the supporters of other clubs in the league.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Full marks to Wigan's support .... who despite having a manager with a similar record to Kean at the time .... didn't press the self destruct button back in September and help heap a malaise on their own club.

Aye all 200 of them at the Emirates sung them on to glory.

Nothing to do with the fact they have a manager who has experience at these relegation scraps or the fact that they still have leaders on the pitch.

Not because it helps seals Rovers demise - lets face it that was sealed a long time ago - but because taken in isolation this was a tremendous performance from a team written off by everyone. For that reason I wanted them to win...

:wacko: I'd question your credentials, loyalty and sanity then!

• Backroom

It hurts like hell and arsenal were pathetic.

But wigan did everything we dont. they kept possession, looked a threat everytime they attacked, cleared almost every cross that came in!

Our only hope is that QPR and bolton lose their games. I'll cling to that hope.. for as long as I can. :( I know I'm deluded, but the reality is too much to bear! :(

Once I abandoned all hope after WBA it's got a lot less painful actually.

Almost soothing

Oh please...

Okay then, I'll take part of the blame for Emerton, Nelsen, Samba, Roberts, Salgado and Givet being forced out.

I think people just want it all to end that's why they were cheering wigan. Don't blame 'em.....This season has been like torture.

It's the hope that kills you in the end.

Once I abandoned all hope after WBA it's got a lot less painful actually.

Almost soothing

I dont think relegation or life under kean and venkys will ever stop being painful! :(

And I talk as someone who grew up watching rovers in the 80's.

we were mainly poor, but had pride and dreams!

now we have despair and nightmares! :(

Lets hope wigan are safe by the time we play them and rovers need either a draw or win to stay up. Cannot see the wigan owner wanting rovers to go down. Better still both teams need a draw.

Well it certainly has got the optimists out tonight. Just explain the sequence of results that would leave us needing only a draw against Wigan to stay up please. I think you will find its impossible we go into that game needing only a draw.

I just heard Kean on Radio saying if we can win 5 of our last 4 games we can stay up.That about sums up our chances mate!!

I was always told, you can play a game and nothing will go right for you, it happens sometimes in football, passes go astray, shots go an inch wide instead of in the net etc. bir there is no excuse for playing games and not giving 100%, making sure your opponet doens't have an easy game, ahgainst Swansea, we never pressed the ball, never tracked back, we were not playing for either club or our deluded manager, watching Wigan tonight, 100% effort, each player gave 100% and they played for their manager!

Delighted for Whelan, Martinez and Wigan.

A 'proper' club with a 'proper' owner and a 'proper' manager.

Whelan is a wild old sage - don't underestimate his role alongside Martinez.

Sick of hearing Rovers have better players than any in the bottom five - we haven't, in the main we have rubbish, all brought in by current regime.

Bolton are 1 point above us with 2 games in hand and QPR have a far better manager who is capable of keeping them up.Us and Wolves are down with the last spot being a shootout between them.Well next season is going to be fun hopefully we don`t drop straight through the championship as well.Now all we need is Burnley to get promoted and our year will be complete.

I was always told, you can play a game and nothing will go right for you, it happens sometimes in football, passes go astray, shots go an inch wide instead of in the net etc. bir there is no excuse for playing games and not giving 100%, making sure your opponet doens't have an easy game, ahgainst Swansea, we never pressed the ball, never tracked back, we were not playing for either club or our deluded manager, watching Wigan tonight, 100% effort, each player gave 100% and they played for their manager!

wise words, kelbo.

The owners and manager deserve everything they get, but also the players have to take some responsibility in all this.

It hurts like hell and arsenal were pathetic.

But wigan did everything we dont. they kept possession, looked a threat everytime they attacked, cleared almost every cross that came in!

Our only hope is that QPR and bolton lose their games. I'll cling to that hope.. for as long as I can. :( I know I'm deluded, but the reality is too much to bear! :(

Wish folk would stop saying that the likes of United & Arsenal are poor / pathetic when those lose. For goodness sake, credit to the opposition - Wigan have been magnificent.

absolutely shameful! youre helping sign rovers death warrant! :angry: the 2 most staggering posts i've ever read! (roverandout and this 1!)

Well make it three then !

Simple, Wigan deserve it, we don't !

its called treachery! another of kean's qualities!

I am genuinely baffled and cannot believe some fans wanted wigan to win.. are delighted they won etc.. its incomprehensible.

No it's not.

Life is simple and Rovers' owners and manager have, IMO and the opinion of many others, taken the p1ss out of the town, the club and its supporters. So much so that loyal supporters who have followed the club far and wide for decades, feel totally alienated and no longer have an affinity or love for the club.

No it's not.

Life is simple and Rovers' owners and manager have, IMO and the opinion of many others, taken the p1ss out of the town, the club and its supporters. So much so that loyal supporters who have followed the club far and wide for decades, feel totally alienated and no longer have an affinity or love for the club.

a weak excuse! If you truely believe it, then I feel sorry for you! as I've said before.. "rovers is our club. dont let venkys kean or anyone else take that away!" :angry:

Archived