BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 2011/12: The Final Countdown

Guest Wen Y Hu

Those who sapped the spirit from the club by bringing their petty politics to match days are the ones with real blood on their hands. Achieved absolutly diddly-squat except ridicule and derision ... an absolute embarassment.

Yeah..of course. Sorry.

It was the fans that got rid of Big Sam

It was the fans who installed a manager with no PL or any other experience as manager

It was the fans who got rid of the chairman etc. to avoid any scrutiny

It was the fans who sold out to dubious agents who rorted the system and collected massive fees

It was the fans who sold off our best players and bought rubbish

It was the fans who even then, allowed the best players we still had left to sit on the bench for the last 6 months, while fielding youngsters

It was the fans who refused to make obvious substitutions in matches when required

It was the fans who fronted up to the media after every match teliing lies lies and more lies

It was the fans who failed to motivate the players in the dressing room to make any effort at all on the pitch in the last few games

It was the fans who used all the money from player sales to pay off the bank, and invested none of it back into the club so that at least we would have a fighting chance

It was the fans who accumulated the worse win/loss ratio in premier league history

It was the fans complaining about the poor management of the team that got the team relegated in 2012 - not the poor management that they were complaining about

I see it all now. Its so clear. Thanks for the insight.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those who sapped the spirit from the club by bringing their petty politics to match days are the ones with real blood on their hands. Achieved absolutly diddly-squat except ridicule and derision ... an absolute embarassment.

You are indeed.

A glimmer of hope:

Nowich Draw

Spurs Loss

Wigan - Win, they arrive @ Ewood safe and in party mood

Chelsea - Win, we play a dejected and knackered team who have been knocked out of CL by Barca, lost out in qualification for CL next year (look at their PL fixtures including Arsenal & Liverpool away) and lost to Liverpool in FA Cup Final.

There are Coco's 7 magical points.

Can they do it ?

A glimmer of hope:

Nowich Draw

Spurs Loss

Wigan - Win, they arrive @ Ewood safe and in party mood

Chelsea - Win, we play a dejected and knackered team who have been knocked out of CL by Barca, lost out in qualification for CL next year (look at their PL fixtures including Arsenal & Liverpool away) and lost to Liverpool in FA Cup Final.

There are Coco's 7 magical points.

Can they do it ?

I wouldn't put my house on it! :P

I don't think it is so much a Wigan love-in as remembrance of things lost.

At one time we had deep intense pride in our club representing our town. We were a decent club with decent people and unusual but decent owners and a fabulous heritage that truly mattered. We could look to our Board with confidence that they were decent competent people who had the club and the town's best interests at heart. We usually employed hard working intelligent competent management who usually told us things as they were. We could understand the club's formations and tactics on the playing field and we got used to regularly playing good attractive football and to finishing in the top half of the Premier League. Horrible rumours about criminality and financial irresponsibility were told about other people's clubs and we never believed it would happen to our club. We had a dignity, a civic standing and a purpose and all this was communicated itself through to the players who usually lived and played up to these standards.

This evening in Wigan, we saw starkly what we have lost and what another club still has.

The post above is exactly how I feel. A supporter of 35 years +. Season ticket holder for over 20 years. Sums things up perfectly for me and perhaps other older fans as well. I was genuinely proud of the Rovers.

I presume you are just stirring the pot, but not sure why? To give you the benefit of the doubt why don't you elaborate so I can try and understand your view?

Merce, that is brilliant!

I can't see it, meself; but part of me wishes it would happen. Even if it would mean another season-full of the same agony for us again from August.

Wouldn't just be typical of Coco for us to get those 7 points, though; AND FIND THEY WEREN'T ENOUGH?! :o

Wonder what his excuse'd be, then?

Realistically we have no chance now, it is time to prepare for relegation. The situation is not recoverable, injured players, poor manager, poor

performances, cant defend,teams around us better than us, unfortunately the games up. The blame lies fairly with the Raos, they have created this

situation and in the face of overwhelming evidence have done nothing to change the situation. Their agenda all along has had nothing to do with

football and everything to do with PR for venkys at a reasonable cost bearing in mind the purchase price.

This is now officially a disaster for the club which is going to be extremely difficult to repair. We have no chance of improving with the Raos

in charge, they are dangerous incompetent owners with dubious motives.

The big issue is, when we get relegated how are we going to manage on a vastly reduced income and even can the club as we know it survive without

PROPER owners with the best interests of the club at heart.

The Raos have proved themselves to be the worlds worst owners they could not have been worse, when they took over we were a solid well run mid table

Premier league club with a proud history, we are now a complete shambles on and off the pitch with a bleak future in front of us. :angry2:

Pity old Sparkles. Wonder what the Fans Forum will have to discuss next season?

Stewarding?-------won't be needed.

price of pies?--------no-one to eat them.

parking?--------no problem.

season tickets for following season?----not an issue.

over-crowding in the Jack Walker Upper? More danger of isolation-induced psychosis.

Wigan were superb, they are everything we aren't!! Great manager, chairman and a team that PLAYS for it's manager. I take my hat off to them.

Wigan were fantastic. I was at the game and they could have scored five. Moses looks a real player.

However lets not forget they were totally abject for the first half of the season and looked like they were for the drop three weeks ago. They haven't suddenly turned into a goo dteam and if they do beat the drop they will struggle next year.

As for us we looked like the players had accepted relegation at Swansea. It will really take something for that to be turned around. On top of that our defensive shape is poor and we have several injuries to key players. I can't see survival happening any which way to be honest.

When we get relegated, arent we entitled £16m the first two years in parachute from tv revenues.. that apparently drops to £8m year three and four.

I recon we sell:

Dann

Givet

Yakubu

Formica

M.Olsson

Nzonzi

Vukcevic

Then

Goulon

Ribeiro

Hoilett

Grella

Salgado

Modeste

all leave on free.

That leaves us with this lineup in championship before buying:

Robinson

Lowe, Hanley, Orr, Henley

Rochina, Pedersen, Dunn, Petrovic, Marcus Olsson

Goodwillie

Also there are som youngster like Jody Morris who I think can do well in the championship.

will leave.

Kean say 7 points is the magic number, personally I think 2 wins will do it and we will survive on goal difference, if we can beat Norwich & Wigan and then not concede to many against Spurs & Chelsea then I think we will be ok

Ralfinho what are you smoking mate?

Not concede too many at Spurs and Chelsea? The same side that got tubbed 3-0 to a Swansea team who had just lost 4 in a row, or the same team that played a dejected West Brom and lost by the same scoreline.

We're gone guys, QPR and Bolton will easily get to at least 34 points - probably more.

Ralfinho what are you smoking mate?

Not concede too many at Spurs and Chelsea? The same side that got tubbed 3-0 to a Swansea team who had just lost 4 in a row, or the same team that played a dejected West Brom and lost by the same scoreline.

We're gone guys, QPR and Bolton will easily get to at least 34 points - probably more.

Mayfair smooth pal!!!! :brfcsmilie:

Kean say 7 points is the magic number, personally I think 2 wins will do it and we will survive on goal difference, if we can beat Norwich & Wigan and then not concede to many against Spurs & Chelsea then I think we will be ok

I like your optimism Ralfinho but after witnessing the inept display at Swansea on Saturday I really can't see us getting two wins. Personally, I think seven or possibly eight points is going to be required to keep us up. Wigan are gone as far as we are concerned. Six points will only put us level with them and they have Wolves on the final day of the season. We are relying on QPR and Bolton to underperform and drop points. However, as we have lost five on the trot I don't believe we have the quality of players required to beat Norwich or Wigan.

Saw a decent post in the comments on the LT site ( yes I know it's a rare thing)

Would anyone take this team.

.................Brown...............

Salgado.......Samba.....Nelson........Givet

Diouf........Jones.....Andrews.......Emerton

.......Kalinic ......Roberts......

Compare that to the dross that is Bruno, Anderson, Vucevic, Petrovich, Formica, Rochina and last but not least Dann.

Would people have more faith in out previous players in a battle or the squad we play now, money well spent in the market or not? I know some of the players wanted to go but if the money they had gained from the sales of them had been reinvested to a similar quality of player we would'nt be in this mess.

So where did the money go?

i think we will lose the remaining 4 games, finish the season with 9 straight defeats and kean will still find excuses for how he played no part in it.

Kean has always spawned a win right when the media are on the point of turning on him, Just as everyone outside rovers is on the tipping point of seeing through his bull after 12 or 13 games without a win he goes and spawns the luckiest win ever over arsenal or fergie picks his weakest possible team. He started with 3 wins very early in his reign so it is fair to say he has gotten nothing but worse and unfortunately by the time he spawns his next win it will be christmas and no one will care.

We are down for absolutely sure if we fail to beat Norwich, and when we lose my full support goes behind whoever plays Bolton and wanting Wolves above us, at least when we finish 20th he may at least feel a bit of a fraud holding his manager of the year trophy....but i highly doubt he would.

Saturday is either a final glimmer of hope or the light goes out....we shall see

QPR win on saturday then I think we are down.

QPR win, Bolton Lose - then I think Bolton are coming with us.

We win, both Bolton & QPR lose - then we have a slight hope.

I can't be bothered with the ifs and buts now. No-one who did a predictor had Wigan getting 6 points from Man U and Arsenal.

I would gladly take a situation now whereby we had to win at Chelsea to stop up. Unfortunately I think we will be down after the Wigan game.

I can't be bothered with the ifs and buts now. No-one who did a predictor had Wigan getting 6 points from Man U and Arsenal.

I would gladly take a situation now whereby we had to win at Chelsea to stop up. Unfortunately I think we will be down after the Wigan game.

think the spurs game mate..as I say 2 games it'll take to overtake Wigan , 2 games to overtake QPR due to GD ,( thats with them dropping points still possible but very highly unlikely ) we are a point behind Bolton who are still in the drop zone but have 2 games in hand if anyone thinks we're staying up do the maths or get down the bookies as a fool and his money are easy parted !

Archived