BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 2011/12: The Final Countdown

Guest Wen Y Hu

Not certain we need three wins - 2 wins may do it if we are very lucky - 2 wins and a draw to make sure - so still a mathematical chance - but you never know. It is amazing to think that Wigan, after their recent run of unbelievable results - could still quite easily go down. All still hinges on the Wigan match - even if we have to win at Chelsea on the final day to have a chance of staying up - would definitely take that at the moment.

Agree, at this moment in time, if we are in with any chance of staying up going in to the Chelsea game you have to take it, you never know Chelsea might be in the champions league final and rest most of their players for this game, it is a big IF though.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At this time of the season, you need to look at the teams playing well, getting results and therefore having momentum.

Wigan & QPR are cohesive units and I think favourites to survive.

Wew aren't impressive and reliant upon flashes of inspiration to score a goal, or goals and, hopefully, get a result.

Kean is right in one aspect and that it is we almost always have a goal in us.

I fear for us at Spurs as they simply have to win in order to keep their CL hopes alive. When you've been on a bad run, it's alaways nice to face Rovers.

I've said the same for a while, QPR and Wigan are playing the best out of the bottom five. It's us, Bolton and Wolves to go down I'm afraid. When was the last time all three promoted teams stayed up ?

Salvation is just not going to happen,folks. We probably still need 7 points cos of goal difference.

And you know this is SO avoidable,and self-inflicted, that only one of the strange things that have happened this Season NOT happening eg Samba taking his ball home, and we would be OK.

Better team than '99 and completely sabotaged by Owners and deluded Manager.

Hopefully this will just become a 'nightmare' interval in the proud history of OUR Club.

Salvation is just not going to happen,folks. We probably still need 7 points cos of goal difference.

And you know this is SO avoidable,and self-inflicted, that only one of the strange things that have happened this Season NOT happening eg Samba taking his ball home, and we would be OK.

Better team than '99 and completely sabotaged by Owners and deluded Manager.

Hopefully this will just become a 'nightmare' interval in the proud history of OUR Club.

i dont believe this. we had a decent team but injuries didnt help and neither did sherwood

Survival is looking increasingly unlikely after QPR's win yesterday.

Next 7 days are crucial. Bolton face a huge week with 2 away games (Villa and Sunderland) if they fail to win both of them then they face a uphill struggle to get upto 35 points. Wigan face Newcastle, again if they fail to win then it gives us a little hope, ditto QPR who are away to Chelsea. We need both Wigan and QPR to lose next weekend, IF they do then we can go into the Spurs game knowing that even a point would keep us clinging on.

Mentally I accepted relegation after the loss to Liverpool, after that result we always faced a uphill battle. I am still resigned to us going down, I just pray that we can take it down to the last weekend of the season, if we can do that then you never know as strange things have happened on last day's in the past.

Survival is looking increasingly unlikely after QPR's win yesterday.

Next 7 days are crucial. Bolton face a huge week with 2 away games (Villa and Sunderland) if they fail to win both of them then they face a uphill struggle to get upto 35 points. Wigan face Newcastle, again if they fail to win then it gives us a little hope, ditto QPR who are away to Chelsea. We need both Wigan and QPR to lose next weekend, IF they do then we can go into the Spurs game knowing that even a point would keep us clinging on.

Mentally I accepted relegation after the loss to Liverpool, after that result we always faced a uphill battle. I am still resigned to us going down, I just pray that we can take it down to the last weekend of the season, if we can do that then you never know as strange things have happened on last day's in the past.

For me it was after the Bolton/ Muamba game. People slag Kean off for his insensitivity in the media (and rightly too) but I felt at the time this was a game that shouldn't have been played as Bolton just couldn't lose it. If it had been a midtable team away, it wouldn't have mattered, but against us, and at home we were always going to lose it and it started a bad run. If Kean had been worth his pay packet, he would have picked the team up after that by pointing out that it was a no win game but we needed to get going again. Because he's rubbish he couldn't do that and the poor run continued. I felt yesterday was more about the players wanting to show what they could do than anything else. A good win, but meaningless in the grand scheme of things apart from for players wanting to move next season - i.e. most of them.

For me it was after the Bolton/ Muamba game. People slag Kean off for his insensitivity in the media (and rightly too) but I felt at the time this was a game that shouldn't have been played as Bolton just couldn't lose it. If it had been a midtable team away, it wouldn't have mattered, but against us, and at home we were always going to lose it and it started a bad run. If Kean had been worth his pay packet, he would have picked the team up after that by pointing out that it was a no win game but we needed to get going again. Because he's rubbish he couldn't do that and the poor run continued. I felt yesterday was more about the players wanting to show what they could do than anything else. A good win, but meaningless in the grand scheme of things apart from for players wanting to move next season - i.e. most of them.

I agree about the Muamba incident, bad news for the player but also bad news for us. Could we have done anything to avoid playing them then ? Probably not.

I agree about the Muamba incident, bad news for the player but also bad news for us. Could we have done anything to avoid playing them then ? Probably not.

No we couldn't - Kean did offer not to play it but as Muamba was improving, thank goodness, Bolton obviously wanted to get on and play. Nothing we could do but accept we couldn't win and sort ourselves out for the next game, which was the one we should have won, or at least got a draw from. any manager worth his salt would have made sure he did everything in his power to make that happen.

felt sorry for connor, he looked geniunely upset in the interview at the end, cant imagine our esteemed leader showing those emotions apart from crocodile tears

Kean will have his wife , kids and dog at the game we are relegated you can be sure of that, with Agnew running round spraying pepper spray in their faces getting the tears flowing

Ha i would'nt say faith in Kean, but the fact is we ARE in with a shout of getting out of it, the usual folk on here had us down at this point last season, and dead and buried before a ball was kicked on Sat. Spurs are in rotten form, Wigan is a one off "cup final" game, and Chelsea might just have other things on the mind come May 13th. It is a long shot but you cant rule anything out in football, it's what keeps us all coming on here, going to games, etc. Bring on the next 3 weeks!

Ha i would'nt say faith in Kean, but the fact is we ARE in with a shout of getting out of it, the usual folk on here had us down at this point last season, and dead and buried before a ball was kicked on Sat. Spurs are in rotten form, Wigan is a one off "cup final" game, and Chelsea might just have other things on the mind come May 13th. It is a long shot but you cant rule anything out in football, it's what keeps us all coming on here, going to games, etc. Bring on the next 3 weeks!

second that Mark

Hallelujah. :rolleyes:

Archived