BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 2011/12: The Final Countdown

Guest Wen Y Hu

• Backroom

Wigan today were fantastic and I am delighted for Whelan and Martinez.

They are a 'proper' club with a 'proper' owner and a 'proper' manager - like we once were.

This season, I've grown sick and tired of some of our supporters saying how good our squad is and the best out of the bottom five. Well, we have very, very few players who I would take over the Wigan lads - they have some very, very underrated players.

Looking even gloomier after today and I think any remaining optimism I had has drained away. Can see nothing for us tomorrow and we will be lucky to get a point at home to Wigan if they play as they did today.

All we have to do is beat Wigan and Chelsea Mercer, remember? Chin up lad.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the weekend's key matches, I am going for Spurs 3 Rovers 1, Sunderland 1 Bolton 1, Chelsea 1 QPR 1, Wigan 2 Newcastle 1 & WBA 1 Villa 1 to leave table looking like:

15 Aston Villa 36 -14 37

16 Wigan 36 -25 37

17 QPR 36 -18 35

18 Bolton 35 -28 34

19 Blackburn 36 -28 31

20 Wolves

Well done matey, good calls today. I hope you had some dosh on them.

We are 1-8 on to go down. Wigan safe. Villa close to safe. Toss up between Bolton and QPR. But QPR can really only get 3 points more. Bolton should get 4 anyway. Two wins and a draw and we're on 38 points like Bolton with prob better GD. More likely it will be three losses and being cut adrift with Wolves. Losing five in the bounce at business end is promised relegation. I will be at Spurs tmrw. Only if we beat them is there any ray of hope.

• Backroom

We couid be.

Both QPR and Bolton play twice before then, if they both pick up 4 points and we lose today it would be mathematically over

If he put dosh on those scores he would have lost it :P

Sheff united let me down today :(

Getting 5 results is hard enough nevermind 5 scores.

Always have a little flutter when I have a hunch - have gone for results!

My betting on football is a bit of fun only and any winnings are duly spent. With only 2 to go on this one, the missus is presently thinking of where she'd like to eat tonight!

• Backroom

Only joking bud, good call there.

Can I come too?

My most frustrating week recently was predicting the scores to a tee the week we lost and Bolton, QPR and Wigan pulled off upsets and not putting a penny on it

If we lose today and rangers beat stoke and draw with chelsea then we're down before the wigan game? Have I got that right? God, would kean ever get it then!

Nope as we would still be able to catch Bolton and Wigan. However if Ranger get a point today and beat Stoke, Bolton pick up 4 points from their games against Spurs (Weds) and West Brom on Saturday and Villa get a point then we would be down before we play Wigan.

We're down. Is it just me that wants it settled before the Wigan game?

No, I do too. I just dont want Wigan to beat us and we go down on the same day. Don't think I could cope with all the 'new' Wigan fans that seem to be popping up around ours lately.

• Backroom

I'd personally rather we were down before the Wigan game as that's the only way I feel there could be a mass outpouring of rage similar to Bolton @ Ewood. If we still have a chance of survival it'll just be more futile "get behind the lads" bs.

We're down. Is it just me that wants it settled before the Wigan game?

Same here to be honest, I think it could be with the way results have been going too.

Kean would do well not to turn up to the Wigan game if we are down by then and send Black instead.

If the scenes at the Bolton game upset him then this is going to be far worse, although he'll probably

relish in the sympathy the media will offer him, slimeball.

Spuds have had a shocking run recently. Some of their fans are losing confidence in Harry. The atmosphere could benefit us if we can keep a clean sheet for the first 20 mins. If we can close down quicker, match their runs, hold onto the ball when we have it, convert the odd chance, then, I feel we will only lose 3-1.

Come on Rovers, surprise us!!!

Same here to be honest, I think it could be with the way results have been going too.

Kean would do well not to turn up to the Wigan game if we are down by then and send Black instead.

If the scenes at the Bolton game upset him then this is going to be far worse, although he'll probably

relish in the sympathy the media will offer him, slimeball.

His child and his dog by his side probably.

Archived