SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 2011/12: The Final Countdown

Guest Wen Y Hu

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

A shame for Martinez it took him until now to realise his tactics were all wrong. Since changing tactics they've been like a new team. Unfortunately we have a manager with the tactical skills of a brick so unlikely we'll see anything similar for the last 3 games.

• Backroom

Chelsea may be giving us a glimmer of hope by destroying qprs goal difference and keeping us within on game of them

Watch us get stuffed now

• Backroom

This song always reminds me of rovers but now it means something

The fans are 'leaving together' and 'things will never be the same again'

It's the final countdown

This is from a Nottingham Forest fan but sums up Rovers...

Blackburn Rovers deserve to be relegated

except for..." For many people, it’s been difficult to muster any kind of sympathy for Rovers fans this season as a result of the level of abuse directed at boss Steve Kean. But you have to say they deserved better today"

Aaarghh! Neil Lennon received a bullet in the post, Stoke fans booed Aaron Ramsey and Chelsea fans mocked Anton Ferdinand today with "Anton, Anton, what's the score?"....and we're the abusive ones?!?

I hate football and all the divs in the media that write about it. (Please don't use that word again) 'em all.

This is from a Nottingham Forest fan but sums up Rovers...

Blackburn Rovers deserve to be relegated

except for..." For many people, it’s been difficult to muster any kind of sympathy for Rovers fans this season as a result of the level of abuse directed at boss Steve Kean. But you have to say they deserved better today"

Aaarghh! Neil Lennon received a bullet in the post, Stoke fans booed Aaron Ramsey and Chelsea fans mocked Anton Ferdinand today with "Anton, Anton, what's the score?"....and we're the abusive ones?!?

I hate football and all the divs in the media that write about it. (Please don't use that word again) 'em all.

They just don't get it.

Kean thinks a positive mental attitude will keep us up. He has done for a while... in fact I'd say it's all he's got.

Forget tactics

Forget fitness

Forget man-management

Forget experience

Forget quality

Forget strength-in-depth

A positive attitude will see you through.

It's almost childlike.

I'm feeling more positive tonight.

We have to beat Wigan and when we really need a result, Keano usually obliges.

Fast forward to Chelsea - exactly what I've been flagging for over a couple of weeks has happened - they will have nothing to play for against us and eyes will all be on the following Saturday.

So, that's our 37 points in the bag with a goal difference of, at worse, -26.

We can't catch Villa as even if they lose their last two games, it wont be by 12 goals.

I expect Wigan to get at least a point against Wolves so we can't catch them.

Even if Bolton beat WBA, can't see anything for them at Stoke and their GD will be worse than ours by at least -3.

QPR - expect them to beat Stoke but to get hammered by City (PL can't be decided until last game now) which will take their GD to about -27.

So great escape achieved, sweet dreams all !

Glad you are optimistic Mercerman, but Bolton and Wigan both have wiinable matches, and we won't win at Chelsea. It's over, the Liverpool game was the killer for me.

Gotta a bad feeling that the injury time goal that we conceded against Liverpool is going to comeback and bite us, if we'd got that point we'd almost have our destiny in our own hands with victories against Wigan and Chelsea getting us to 38 points which will be enough this season. Taking Bolton out of the equation if QPR beat Stoke then of 7/8/9 (depending how many clear goals they beat Stoke by) over two games, granted they play City last game, but we play Chelsea and the very best we can hope for from that game is to somehow win it by the odd goal, so for me QPR win on Sunday and we are all but down.

However if they don't beat Stoke then it could be game on.

Gotta a bad feeling that the injury time goal that we conceded against Liverpool is going to comeback and bite us,

It's not just that game; there have many others this season where we have thrown points away in the dying seconds - Sunderland and Norwich away spring immediately to mind. At the time they do not seem significant but one point can make all the difference.

Bolton not beating Spuds was the key. Sadly, once again we have hope... and you know that's what'll kill us!

My prediction is conceding an injury time goal against Chelsea to see us down...

Really? QPR beat Stoke at home on Sunday and we are right back to square 1. Saying that Bolton have to play WBA at home as well over the weekend. Roy will surely have completley checked out from WBA for their last 2 games.

Chances are we will be 6 points behind those 2 before we have kicked a ball against Wigan.

I still see no hope at all.

All we need this weekend is for Bolton & QPR to loose or draw and us then to somehow beat Wigan (never thought I'd actually have to write that about Wigan) Then final day again it will be. If Venky's are here on Monday and the results go out way then they should go see the players after the match and say if you win on Sunday and we stay up then you all get a bonus!!! I know it will never happen. But our luck needs to change some day :brfcsmilie:

The self-inflicted vandalism of our owners and the connivance of our Manager means we are relegated.

One man handled differently and we would have at least 3 points more and much more fight and resistance...........Chris Samba.

This is our point...we have been scuttled and maybe ship-wrecked.

Archived