BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 2011/12: The Final Countdown

Guest Wen Y Hu

After tonight our only realistic chance of survival is to overtake Wigan and to get 37 points and hope Villa get none. Not very realistic after all is it?

Final nail in the coffin tonight. Not about what we do, we've thrown that aspect of things away. :(

To be fair, the usual folk on here have been saying "final nail in the coffin" after every defeat since October, yet we still have a chance, a slim one, but still a chance.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair, the usual folk on here have been saying "final nail in the coffin" after every defeat since October, yet we still have a chance, a slim one, but still a chance.

I don't know if Im a usual suspect or not! I certainly haven't used the phrase before as far as I remember but I have been saying for months that we were heading down. 32 points and 19th place was my forecast months ago and its more likely to happen than safety!

That Bolton result is a real sickener-----which 2 clubs can we realistically overtake?

I don't know if Im a usual suspect or not! I certainly haven't used the phrase before as far as I remember but I have been saying for months that we were heading down. 32 points and 19th place was my forecast months ago and its more likely to happen than safety!

That Bolton result is a real sickener-----which 2 clubs can we realistically overtake?

Dont worry, Kean will show the squad the checlsea match and say anything is possible and we will now go on a 3 match winning streak with, Villa & QPR joining Wolves

It's not looking good.

At the bottom of me, I know the game is most likely up now, however, you have to cling on in the hope that the unlikely happens. You only need to look at Chelsea's position last night, 2 down and down to 10 men - got a feeling Kean is going to trot that one out a few times over coming days !!!

Until it's mathematically certain, you just have to hang on in there in the forlorn hope that the almost inevitable horrible day wont arrive. Have seen too many of these with Rovers and each one gets worse - fear that this will be the worst one of all by a long chalk, as will probably sound the death knell for our club.

In the weekend's key matches, I am going for Spurs 3 Rovers 1, Sunderland 1 Bolton 1, Chelsea 1 QPR 1, Wigan 2 Newcastle 1 & WBA 1 Villa 1 to leave table looking like:

15 Aston Villa 36 -14 37

16 Wigan 36 -25 37

17 QPR 36 -18 35

18 Bolton 35 -28 34

19 Blackburn 36 -28 31

20 Wolves

In the weekend's key matches, I am going for Spurs 3 Rovers 1, Sunderland 1 Bolton 1, Chelsea 1 QPR 1, Wigan 2 Newcastle 1 & WBA 1 Villa 1 to leave table looking like:

15 Aston Villa 36 -14 37

16 Wigan 36 -25 37

17 QPR 36 -18 35

18 Bolton 35 -28 34

19 Blackburn 36 -28 31

20 Wolves

I don't think Newcastle will lose at Wigan and I don't think Villa will get a draw at West Brom. Other than that you may be right. I expect us to get dicked. Can't weigh Sunderland up, they can beat anybody and they can lose to anybody. QPR are playing Chelsea at a good time, they're capable of getting a draw.

Honestly our upcoming relegation still hasn't sunken in for me. I mean we all know it's coming, but I don't know how to deal with it. It's gonna sting too much. I know pretty much every club that goes down will say this, but it shouldn't have happened to us. We were doing (almost) everything right until the chicken farmers came in.

It's just....i don't know.

• Backroom

15 Aston Villa 36 -14 37

16 Wigan 36 -25 37

17 QPR 36 -18 35

18 Bolton 35 -28 34

19 Blackburn 36 -28 31

20 Wolves

Good predictions Mercer, a little off on the results but the points gained are all accurate so far. Hopefully you're wrong on the matches tomorrow... though I don't think you will be.

Get used to it mate, its a formality now.

Next Monday will be the nail in Keans coffin as Rovers have far too much to do after todays results. Cant see Rovers winning 2 out of 3 which is an absolute minimum esp as wigan play wolves at home on the final day of the season. Our only hope is a Rovers miracle win tomoorw and next Monday, a calamatous two bad results for Bolton and for QPR to ship a bagful tomorrow and then away to City.

Relegation isnt the issue here, its the continued employment of the clueless one.

Next Monday will see the whole of Ewood rise as one voice.

KEAN OUT

15 Aston Villa 36 -14 37

16 Wigan 36 -25 37

17 QPR 36 -18 35

18 Bolton 35 -28 34

19 Blackburn 36 -28 31

20 Wolves

3 out of 3 so far!! well done

all those in denial will have a wake up call tomorrow when spurs put us to the sword. We are going down. Get used to it.

Many got used to it last summer.

Most annoying part was that tiny ray of hope after the Wolves & Sunderland games.

A cruel twist in an already awful tale...

Wigan today were fantastic and I am delighted for Whelan and Martinez.

They are a 'proper' club with a 'proper' owner and a 'proper' manager - like we once were.

This season, I've grown sick and tired of some of our supporters saying how good our squad is and the best out of the bottom five. Well, we have very, very few players who I would take over the Wigan lads - they have some very, very underrated players.

Looking even gloomier after today and I think any remaining optimism I had has drained away. Can see nothing for us tomorrow and we will be lucky to get a point at home to Wigan if they play as they did today.

I think that unless we pick up an improbable win tomorrow, it will all be over before we play Wigan. Not that given Wigans recent form I can see us getting anything vs them either.

Many got used to it last summer.

Indeed. I don't want to be a case of "thought so" or "told you so" - but the writing was on the wall the second we started the season with Kean at the helm, of which I was more than happy to let anyone know.

Archived