BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 2011/12: The Final Countdown

Guest Wen Y Hu

It is my belief that what we saw in two particular pivital games is similar to what is seen in formula 1 , the two drivers belong to the same formula 1 team, the owner of that formula 1 team instructed one driver to let the other better driver pass him on both occassion's so he could have a better shot at retaining his place in the top formula one league.

The driver who was instructed to let the better drive pass did so as part payback because the formula 1 team manager had given him the chance to take part in the first place even though he was never anywhere near the standard of a f1 driver.

The press accept this practice and so do F1 fans, so who are we as football supporters of some little northern club to question this practice, and the press and tv company pundits know damn well that if they did not play along with this charade they would get no more juicy formula 1 stories or exclusive international coverage from the owners company or partner companies.

The above might seem far fetched but after all some people have form in forfeiting "races" when it suits them.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The worst thing is that should we get a miracle set of results between now and the end of they season, Venkys won't think "Phew that was close" and bin Kean, they'll congratulate him, and themselves, keep him on and probably reward him with another new contract!

It's no win. :(

I am more worried what will happen if/when we are relegated - I fear he will still be in a job.

I wonder if they will congratulate him when they see ST sales falling away ?

I am more worried what will happen if/when we are relegated - I fear he will still be in a job.

I wonder if they will congratulate him when they see ST sales falling away ?

don't worry says coco he's a novice manager with new owners going through a transitional period and Coco will take the positives spout about regrouping in the summer , about he knows what the owners are trying to do , he has their full support , blah blah.... :angry:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/9661602.COMMENT__It_s_time_for_Blackburn_Rovers_players_to_fight_for_the_supporters/

Speaking to a few non-Rovers fans at my work this morning, I said I thought we were pretty much down, they said well at least Kean would get sacked. It was difficult to explain why that just wasn't going to happen whilst the owners are still here.

Speaking to a few non-Rovers fans at my work this morning, I said I thought we were pretty much down, they said well at least Kean would get sacked. It was difficult to explain why that just wasn't going to happen whilst the owners are still here.

I find the same problem - I just say to people no point discussing BRFC matters these days, we are not run normally therefore pointless discussing or even debating some of the issues.

Other question I got was do I think we will come straight back up next season....

I see where you're coming from there. None of my non-Rovers supporting mates have a clue about our predicament either. All of them agree that Kean is useless but have no idea about our owners and Kean's relationship etc.

All "you'll be fine when you appoint someone experienced in the summer" and "a few shrewed signings and you'll be straight back up".

It's about 'knowing your place'.

Arsenal, Everton, Newcastle, West Ham, Sunderland fans have 'every right' to protest against a manager, they 'deserve success'.

Blackburn Rovers? As that twonk in the Sunday Sun said 'who do yout think you are? Man United? Where else are you going to be but in a relegation scrap?'

Let Stevie Kean learn his trade and STFU.

That sort of thing makes me the angriest out of anything.

The hell with them all.

• Backroom

As bad as we are, Spurs are just as bad at the moment. They don't deserve to be top 10 much less top 4.

I still think we'll lose to them, but if I was a Rovers player I wouldn't be especially daunted by playing Tottenham at the moment.

Those who sapped the spirit from the club by bringing their petty politics to match days are the ones with real blood on their hands. Achieved absolutly diddly-squat except ridicule and derision ... an absolute embarassment.

Talking of achieving diddly-squat...whatever happened to all that goodwill you created through taking Venky's money and flying off to Pune?

Those who sapped the spirit from the club by bringing their petty politics to match days are the ones with real blood on their hands. Achieved absolutly diddly-squat except ridicule and derision ... an absolute embarassment.

An absolute embarrassmaent - an excellent description for Venky's reign

Very good posts from Parson, Bob and Tony in this thread.

I know Ewood Spark and he is a very nice chap and I'm not sure if he is being tongue in cheek with his posts but I would agree with him in as far as the atmosphere and abuse at a couple of home games, Swansea and in particular Bolton was not helpful in the slightest and this is what drew the majority of the criticism from neutrals and opposition managers. However following that it seems to me the fans took heed of comments made and since the turn of the year the support given to the team has been exemplary, especially given the situation we've had to endure. Even if it hadn't been as good, it's not the fans fault. It's not the fans who can't master the most rudimentary basics of defending nor have the fans conceded well over seventy goals this season. Or missede crucial penalties.

If the Venky's had heeded the protests, sacked Kean and brought in any reasonably competent manager we might not be going down. The protesters did their job of letting Venky's know how unhappy the fans were. They didn't listen to the protesters, and next season we will be a Championship club.

Congratulations for those who flew the blue flag today and stood up for what they believe in. I am only sorry I couldn't have been there to join in.

Can't understand the passive nature of some.

Reminds me of Neville Chamberlain, and look where that got him.

You reap what you sew

I looked at other clubs remaining fixtures tonight and after QPR's win I just can't see us staying up. They will beat Stoke at home, Wigan will beat Wolves at home, which means that we'd have to beat Wigan and Spurs or Chelsea to even stand a chance. Given our inferior GD to QPR to catch them wed probably still need a minimum of 7 points. Not gonna happen.

I looked at other clubs remaining fixtures tonight and after QPR's win I just can't see us staying up. They will beat Stoke at home, Wigan will beat Wolves at home, which means that we'd have to beat Wigan and Spurs or Chelsea to even stand a chance. Given our inferior GD to QPR to catch them wed probably still need a minimum of 7 points. Not gonna happen.

as it stands its still a very tall order for Rovers to stay up , we need to win at spurs on Sunday hope Wigan lose @ home V Newcastle and then we must beat em the following Monday to have any chance with Wigan at home to wolves last day and we go to chelsea.

But there are 2 places up for grabs a lot is now dependent on boltons game at Villa this coming Tuesday , then they go to sunderland followed by spurs + WBA @ Home and Stoke away in the final week

QPR still got to go to chelsea followed by stoke at home and man city away on the final day

The Qpr win was deifnatly not what we needed, I thought they would have been lucky to get a point before the game started and I looked at all the other fixtures the other teams have and thtought we still had a strong chance, But with Qpr playing well and keeping the distance and Wigan have been on a good run, Bolton games in hand.

At this moment we have to be one of the teams going down and its all our...well Kean/Venkys doing.

If anything is going to push us to get some suprise wins and stay up its going to be the commitment of the players and them responding to our fans roaring them on that will have done it despite Kean and Venkys.

Because thats what I saw today Fans and players together fighting for the little hope that is left. Kean just stood there like a lemon seemingly giving no instuctions to players. Givet today epitomized the attitude and fight that it will take to pull off a miracle.

..And before anyone comes out with an ill-timed "Kean deserves some credit when we win" Get back in your box because its far too late now for that nonsense to wash.

At this time of the season, you need to look at the teams playing well, getting results and therefore having momentum.

Wigan & QPR are cohesive units and I think favourites to survive.

Wew aren't impressive and reliant upon flashes of inspiration to score a goal, or goals and, hopefully, get a result.

Kean is right in one aspect and that it is we almost always have a goal in us.

I fear for us at Spurs as they simply have to win in order to keep their CL hopes alive. When you've been on a bad run, it's alaways nice to face Rovers.

At this time of the season, you need to look at the teams playing well, getting results and therefore having momentum.

Wigan & QPR are cohesive units and I think favourites to survive.

Wew aren't impressive and reliant upon flashes of inspiration to score a goal, or goals and, hopefully, get a result.

Kean is right in one aspect and that it is we almost always have a goal in us.

I fear for us at Spurs as they simply have to win in order to keep their CL hopes alive. When you've been on a bad run, it's alaways nice to face Rovers.

Aye, we're on a bad run but Coco's in town on Sunday so no problem says future England manager - need to win all 3, even if we do (I'll drop me trousers in court 1 at Blackburn Magistrates Court if we do) we might just stay up!

Aye, we're on a bad run but Coco's in town on Sunday so no problem says future England manager - need to win all 3, even if we do (I'll drop me trousers in court 1 at Blackburn Magistrates Court if we do) we might just stay up!

Not certain we need three wins - 2 wins may do it if we are very lucky - 2 wins and a draw to make sure - so still a mathematical chance - but you never know. It is amazing to think that Wigan, after their recent run of unbelievable results - could still quite easily go down. All still hinges on the Wigan match - even if we have to win at Chelsea on the final day to have a chance of staying up - would definitely take that at the moment.

Archived