BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 2011/12: The Final Countdown

Guest Wen Y Hu

TBH the championship is our natural level.

If Bolton go down with us, Blackpool screw up the playoffs, and Preston NE get promoted in the next couple of seasons, then from a local derby sense it would be great.

Oh, I forgot Burnley :rover:

I am sick of "punching above our level" comments. We just do not have the owners/manager to be in the premier league.

I know this sounds terrible, but I would much rather beat our local rivals in the championship and finish in the top 10 in it, than pursue a premier league bottom 6.

As to the current owners, well no words can describe my contempt.

Please sell, we go down, we rebuild, and hopefully beat Burnley a few times.

If we do stay up, next season hmmmm, more of the same.

As you can probably tell, I'm resigned to relegation.

But the 0-1 defeat to Bolton in the 78/79 season at Ewood was the best game ever for atmosphere.

More local derbys ftw.

Until we get sold / investment / new manager / new owners

The championship is where we belong.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

felt sorry for connor, he looked geniunely upset in the interview at the end, cant imagine our esteemed leader showing those emotions apart from crocodile tears

I was watching with a friend and said "Kean is bound to come out with something like 'we need to remain positive despite this. We didn't come bottom'. Grinning inanely throughout."

As things stand, Villa are joining the relegation battle just as we leave it (via the open trap door).

Villa should be very worried. They can't win for toffee at the moment. Let's not kid ourselves, we were down a few games again now. Think most of us have accepted that. The ones who haven't are in denial.

The question is how are we going to survive next season? Kean isn't going anywhere. But anywhere that can kick a football is out of Rovers. Most of the teams in the Championship have bigger budgets than us.

Even I am scared of these thoughts, and I look for someone to offer some light, because right now I see nothing but doom and gloom in the long-term future of the club. Is the BRFC story over?

i dont see chelsea resting anyone on the final day if they havent secured a champions league place by then, they cant leave it to chance in the hope they will win the champions league, with an understrength team, more than likely against real madrid, they will have to win in the last game to be sure.

Before tonight we needed a minimum of 2 wins from the last three games to realistically have a chance of staying up. That's still the case, arguably it's now minimum seven points.

Who have Villa got left? Know they play WBA at the weekend.

After tonight our only realistic chance of survival is to overtake Wigan and to get 37 points and hope Villa get none. Not very realistic after all is it?

Final nail in the coffin tonight. Not about what we do, we've thrown that aspect of things away. :(

Archived