BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 2011/12: The Final Countdown

Guest Wen Y Hu

We can see you're on the windup, but come on how do you REALLY feel about this season?

Do you feel let down by the events of Poona?

You seem to be getting some strange satisfaction in WUMing an Internet message board, but you must be hurting to see 20 years of work thrown away?

Stop wasting your time Matt.

He's clearly a log short of a timber yard and didn't get enough attention as a child.

It's clear for all to see that he backed the wrong horse, maybe this is his way of evening the score.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nearly missed this 'gem' from the Private Godfrey of the Tremblers Army. Tell me old man .... did you also strop around and throw your toys out of the pram after the 1960 cup final ticket fiasco? :D

I'm not quite sure why you continue to insult fellow supporters although I can fully appreciate your disappointment that the trip to Pune, although enjoyable in itself, did nothing to change the course of destruction on which the owners are travelling.

As someone who didn't go to Pune or is involved in the protest movement I really cannot see why either side should exchange insults. The bottom line is that those who went Pune thought they could make a difference by having dialogue with the owners while the protesters believed that demonstrations could move the owners to change course. In the event the owners have steadfastly refused to listen to either group.

Relegation, and surely it's only a matter of days now before that is confirmed, will see a mass exit from Ewood Park of players, employees and supporters. Only Venky's know what their agenda is and I suspect that that has changed drastically over the past twelve months. Clearly they either don't have the money or the inclination to support a top flight football club and one suspects that they have no idea about how Championship football will be an even bigger drain on the club's limited resources. I have no doubt that they will look to recoup their losses from player sales and driving wages and transfer fees down ever lower.

The owners are not going to be swayed by dialogue with supporters or demonstrations and as they have no need to ever come to Blackburn they can easily avoid both. As long as the downfall of the Rovers has no impact on their main businesses it has no impact on Venky's.

Whilst we are all distraught at the fact that we have just four more games in the Premier League it clearly has no impact on the owners. Ultimately, if supporters want to deal with the demise of the club from top flight football by demonstrating - let them. If the Fans Forum want to deal with it by continuing to try to have dialogue with the club - let them. If it has now become too much to bear for some supporters and they walk away from the club - let them. If supporters want to stick with it and renew their season tickets we should have no problem with that. Ultimately, Desai only wins if the fanbase becomes fratured beyond repair. The bottom line is that we all want the best for the Rovers but clearly have different ideas about how that can be achieved. Indeed, at times we seem to have lost sight who the real enemy is and it's not our fellow supporters but those who have manufactured the shambles that the club has now become.

At the moment, Venky's are happily getting on with whatever their plans are while the fanbase implodes with petty squabbles. The time for the Rovers as a Premier League club may well be over and devastating as that is, life goes on. After all their are 72 clubs in the Football League and the overwhelming majority will never get anywhere near the Premier League. At some point in the future the fanbase will need to help rebuild the club - be it under these owners or hopefully new ones. We may be well into the Final Countdown of our Premier League life but the club will surely continue in one form or another. It may be we have to spend many years in the Champioship, we may even, as I suspect we will, fall even further. However, not even Desai and her clan can wipe out 136 years of history.

I'm not quite sure why you continue to insult fellow supporters although I can fully appreciate your disappointment that the trip to Pune, although enjoyable in itself, did nothing to change the course of destruction on which the owners are travelling.

As someone who didn't go to Pune or is involved in the protest movement I really cannot see why either side should exchange insults. The bottom line is that those who went Pune thought they could make a difference by having dialogue with the owners while the protesters believed that demonstrations could move the owners to change course. In the event the owners have steadfastly refused to listen to either group.

Relegation, and surely it's only a matter of days now before that is confirmed, will see a mass exit from Ewood Park of players, employees and supporters. Only Venky's know what their agenda is and I suspect that that has changed drastically over the past twelve months. Clearly they either don't have the money or the inclination to support a top flight football club and one suspects that they have no idea about how Championship football will be an even bigger drain on the club's limited resources. I have no doubt that they will look to recoup their losses from player sales and driving wages and transfer fees down ever lower.

The owners are not going to be swayed by dialogue with supporters or demonstrations and as they have no need to ever come to Blackburn they can easily avoid both. As long as the downfall of the Rovers has no impact on their main businesses it has no impact on Venky's.

Whilst we are all distraught at the fact that we have just four more games in the Premier League it clearly has no impact on the owners. Ultimately, if supporters want to deal with the demise of the club from top flight football by demonstrating - let them. If the Fans Forum want to deal with it by continuing to try to have dialogue with the club - let them. If it has now become too much to bear for some supporters and they walk away from the club - let them. If supporters want to stick with it and renew their season tickets we should have no problem with that. Ultimately, Desai only wins if the fanbase becomes fratured beyond repair. The bottom line is that we all want the best for the Rovers but clearly have different ideas about how that can be achieved. Indeed, at times we seem to have lost sight who the real enemy is and it's not our fellow supporters but those who have manufactured the shambles that the club has now become.

At the moment, Venky's are happily getting on with whatever their plans are while the fanbase implodes with petty squabbles. The time for the Rovers as a Premier League club may well be over and devastating as that is, life goes on. After all their are 72 clubs in the Football League and the overwhelming majority will never get anywhere near the Premier League. At some point in the future the fanbase will need to help rebuild the club - be it under these owners or hopefully new ones. We may be well into the Final Countdown of our Premier League life but the club will surely continue in one form or another. It may be we have to spend many years in the Champioship, we may even, as I suspect we will, fall even further. However, not even Desai and her clan can wipe out 136 years of history.

Superbly put Parson. As ever.

We're all hurting. We all give a damn. We all have our own ideas of what we can do to affect the situation. None of which have worked. They clearly don't give a damn and to my mind they never have done (no one in the world is stupid enough to have made the decisions they did, they'd forget to breathe). They listen to no one apart from the wrong people (or is that the right people from their perspective?).

We've been hung out to dry basically and no one, other than the fans, cares.

So what we do we do when no one listens? Well we may as well turn on each other eh? How predictable. How very well engineered by Venkys / Kean / Agnew.

So when you're having a go at a protestor for protesting, or a non protestor for not protesting. Or someone who decides to leave early 'cause they've seen enough. Just remember that they're a fan. Just like you and I. Who supports Blackburn Rovers. Our club. No ones elses. Not some chicken farmers from India. Not some 3rd rate coaches whose dodgy Agent got him the gig. It's in the wrong hands at the moment but one day...

It's OUR club.

Post of the season sir.

That post from Parsonblue is the best I've seen on here in a long time.

The writing which has been on the wall for months is now screaming out to everyone, Rovers in the Premier League is about to come to an end, and with our present owners and manager there is little hope of a recovery, even without either it will still be a tough ask to get us back into the top flight.

All I would add is that I hope in the few remaining games we (the supporters) might go down with dignity. Trying to avoid MOTD cameras zooming in on supporters in tears, or wild anger in the eyes, etc...

Celebrate our great club's heritage and remind everyone. The last twenty minutes, songs in celebration of our legendary ex footballers, managers and owner, plus achievements for this small town club in Lancashire. The 95 championship team all had their songs, Clayton, Douglas, Garner, Jansen, Tugay, Freidel, Kenny, Uncle Jack.

Andy Thorn, Coventry City Manager, speaking last night after his team lost 1 - 0 to Millwall, practically sealing their relegation.

"It's disappointing but it was going to happen, we never replaced people who went out. It was always going to come down to this type of thing (relegation), like I said several months ago, if you don't replace people who go out the door this is the position you can end up in. You can't cut corners in this league and we've done that on a big style, we've tried to cut corners, and we've found out the hard way"

I'm sure the Cov fans aren't happy with Andy but at least he's telling it like it is. That last sentence is particularly telling isnt it Venkys? I'd certainly prefer a bit of honesty and a desire to accept the reality of the situation rather than the constant stream of lies that spew from Billy Bullshit and The Ewood Propaganda Machine.

Quite heroic this from Andy Thorn..

If ever a club was in a similar situation eh.

There is quite a few similarities between rovers and coventry come to think about it.

Interesting comments from Coventry manager Andy Thorn. If Venky's and Kean are still at the club 12 months from now I wouldn't be surprised to find us in another relegation battle. Leeds, Southampton, Charlton, Norwich, Nottingham Forest and now Coventry have all dropped two divisions after relegation from the Premier League and if the present cost-cutting regime continues we will be joining them very soon.

The important event this week is the BRSIT meeting on Saturday morning to build up the financial backing to 'buy back' the Club.

At least it may unearth one or two big backers.Not a mention of the positive in ParsonBlue's contribution.

Whilst we mourn we must plan.

Is it wrong Ive just knocked one out to this post!!!!! haha Joke. Great post though

Andy Thorns comments would not look out of place on Rovers' headstone. No exuses, no blame, no bull.

"It's disappointing but it was going to happen, we never replaced people who went out. It was always going to come down to this type of thing (relegation), like I said several months ago, if you don't replace people who go out the door this is the position you can end up in. You can't cut corners in this league and we've done that on a big style, we've tried to cut corners, and we've found out the hard way"

Terrific post.

Totally agree with Parson and Bob - I have supported for 35 years, taken the ups and downs, loved it all. Not this time - Norwich could well be my last match for a while as I don't think I could bear to attend the wake against Wigan if already down. I will continue to go to the odd game in the Championship but will never support with the fervour I once did until the ones from the dark side have gone.

Nearly missed this 'gem' from the Private Godfrey of the Tremblers Army. Tell me old man .... did you also strop around and throw your toys out of the pram after the 1960 cup final ticket fiasco? :D

Nasty piece of work you are and no mistake.Tom said you were a decent fellow and we'd all like you if we met you.

More back-tracking for him I think.

• Backroom

So I should not express an opinion?

It's clear as day that I disagree with Ewood Sparks views on this but I don't see how what I have said about him in the past on a personal level is relevant

Archived