BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2012/13

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just looked on the online seating plan....

you can only see the seating plan & thus buy online for the darwen end...

all other areas are via the phone...

this smacks of hiding how many tickets have actualy been taken...

Just did the same, wanted to see what was left out of curiosity and I agree, the only reason it wouldn't be up online is to hide the number we've sold.

Gotta love Rovers in 2012 official site says in all the advertising banners and on the season ticket page "Renew online at www.onerovers.co.uk"

OneRovers site says;

"Should any customer wanting to purchase a season ticket in any area, excluding the Darwen End Stand, please contact the ticket office on 0871 2221 444 or alternatively, visit either Club Shop in order to complete your sale or check availability. Should you wish to sit in the Darwen End Stand, you may still purchase online"

So much for the quick and easy online ticketing system. In a few weeks all will have to be revealed when matchday tickets go on sale, either that or close the online system completely? Either way they are hardly encouraging people to buy season tickets at the moment. Must be pretty tough on the staff working at Rovers, especially during the embarrassing time when ticket prices were not known before the climb down and extension of the early bird offer. They must know the same as the fans yet are probably being blamed by those above for the failure which has nothing to do with them.

Just did the same, wanted to see what was left out of curiosity and I agree, the only reason it wouldn't be up online is to hide the number we've sold.

It has been usual practice not to be able to book on-line for a few days after the 'claim your own seat' deadline has passed. This enables the ticket office to deal with any renewals that want to swap seats before the facility goes live again. As the Darwen End is unreserved seating it makes sense that this area can still be booked on-line.

it seems as though the corporate boxes arent getting filled.

Lets be honest 'Corporate' in the main is for businesses to entertain their customers not necessarily with BRFC as the attraction but rather the high rolling visitors like MU, Arsenal, City etc. Unfortunaely 'Corporate' had peaked imo with many businessmen making excuses for matches against lower ranking Prem opponents leaving box holders 'treating' the tea lady / window cleaner / office junior. Fat chance of anyone paying fortunes with Posh or Millwall as the main attraction is there?

We win a few games and they'll come flooding back.

Agnew's own words on Radio Lancs. :mellow:

Not me Aggers ..... last season I found there's a whole lotta better things to do on a saturday afternoon than watch 22 overpaid assorted carlos kickaballs, has beens and never will be's display their tactical ineptitude, immaturity and overall lack of fitness and desire for all to see.

That's a very good number given the circumstances.

Whats that old 70's chant 'right back where we started from ' only in reverse.

John how many would it be if they charged the going rate? It'd be half that number if ST's were £500. 8500 effectively paying half price will not fund a semi pro outfit for long these days never mind a failed Prem outfit employing geriatrics on 30-40k pw. The situation is just insane. When the club does fold I'd love it to drag down the Venkeys too but no doubt Venkeys London will be ring fenced from the rest.

Very high number. I know a few who have renewed but do not plan on attending....

I quote Agnew on the figures

"we could not have done more"

I can think of something that would nearly double that figure.

Very high number. I know a few who have renewed but do not plan on attending....

I just don't understand the logic of renewing and planning not to go (presumably as a protest) - it kind of defeats the obejct really.

I just don't understand the logic of renewing and planning not to go (presumably as a protest) - it kind of defeats the obejct really.

They want to support the club financially but vote with their feet RE Kean.

They want to support the club financially but vote with their feet RE Kean.

But by doing that they are supporting the 'regime' and giving the club the opportunity to put some positive spin on season ticket sales. As I said it makes no sense at all to me.

Last season we had 15000 ST holders and an average of 2000 walk ons, so at this figure, we're 8500 fans missing. How many walk ons will we get this season in the Championship - not too many I guess - unless Kean goes. Even then, those who haven't got a ST and obviously can't get one at that point, might call it a day anyway.

Like I said, I expect PNE, Burnley, Blackpool and Bolton all to average more than us.

Big gates against Leeds, Sheff Weds etc (thanks to the away suppoprt) but goodness knows how many against the likes of Millwall etc.

Any bets on a below 10K gate this season.....and below 3K for the Coco Kean Cup, or whatever it is called these days?

Lowest sales for twenty years. 12000 ST holders lost in two years.

Beggars beleif how we've ended up like this.

Quite easy to believe when you look at the total mis-management since the Venkys arrived and the team being managed by an "unsackable" that is actually the very worst manager in the entire realm of professional football.

Archived