BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2012/13

I got one of them. The trio of Murphy, Best and that Portuguese chap (you know that one I wouldn't have minded us signing about 12 years ago) were on it. Either they were trying for the moody luck or they have already got sick of the B/S. There might a be a third option, maybe they have realised how much of their wages are going go to their agents? Possible fourth option could be that they are reflecting the mood of the fans - no smiles. Or maybe as a fifth option they have realised what a grim season it is going to be.

Hmm. Not sure this piece of advertising has worked on me, TBH.

Hardly inspiring was it? Murphy looked like a malnourished, frail old man. I was quite pleased it arrived on my door as it indicates the club can do nothing about the direct debit Zebra finance agreement I still haven't signed. I wonder how many fans are in a similar boat and if the club is including us in their renewal numbers. Cause mine will be at some paper recycling plant by now.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of my workmates lives in Stoke. He doesn't follow any particular club but goes to a premier/championship league game every weekend, buying match tickets at various grounds around the country. He visited Ewood twice last season and even he has been targeted with the season ticket bumph.

Seems any casual visitor on the database is deemed fair game.

On the FF minutes the club say they still see the levels of ST's when we last went down as achievable, what was that number? 13,000ish?

Unfortunately I think relegation will be the official line to Pune re lost season tickets, not Kean/the owners

Was the lack of commercial sales mentioned at the FF?

One of my workmates lives in Stoke. He doesn't follow any particular club but goes to a premier/championship league game every weekend, buying match tickets at various grounds around the country. He visited Ewood twice last season and even he has been targeted with the season ticket bumph.

Seems any casual visitor on the database is deemed fair game.

Perhaps they are but I'm still not!!!

A bloke was on the radio here earlier with an interesting take on fans. He was arguing that fans should stop going to games/buying merchandise etc. when the team is crap. It shows to the powers that be that they care and want to see changes. He was deriding those who go out of blind loyalty. He reckons that they hurt future progress by allowing owners/management to carry on regardless as they can count on money from fans irrespective of success.

A bloke was on the radio here earlier with an interesting take on fans. He was arguing that fans should stop going to games/buying merchandise etc. when the team is crap. It shows to the powers that be that they care and want to see changes. He was deriding those who go out of blind loyalty. He reckons that they hurt future progress by allowing owners/management to carry on regardless as they can count on money from fans irrespective of success.

This bloke. On the radio.

Is he going to buy the club?

Is he going to get rid of Kean?

Is he even a Rovers fan?

Did he join a protest march last season?

Such a lot of sanctimony aimed at those people who, under sufference, continue to attend - yet not enough people were prepared to turn minority marches into majority ones...

This bloke. On the radio.

Is he going to buy the club?

Is he going to get rid of Kean?

Is he even a Rovers fan?

Did he join a protest march last season?

Such a lot of sanctimony aimed at those people who, under sufference, continue to attend - yet not enough people were prepared to turn minority marches into majority ones...

What are you on about?

The bloke was a US DJ provoking debate. It had nothing specific to do with Rovers.

So why post it then......

To provoke debate.

We have had an ever increasing amount of sh!te posted on here over the last 18 months. This board really has gone downhill if you find fault with my post.

"The bloke on the radio" seems to be talking sense though doesn't he? Plenty on here don't!

I agree. I thought it was worth posting as it's a view I hadn't heard before. The "bloke" was Colin Cowherd an ESPN USA sports talk radio host. He was going on about basketball and baseball fans.

This board really has gone downhill if you find fault with my post.

Hahaha. Arrogant much?

You post about some bloke on some radio - without the details you only later include - in a thread about Rovers season tickets sales (which has now become about dwindling support and accusation and counter-accusation about the intentions, collusions and derision of fans who HAVE bought season tickets) suggesting that fans should avoid buying tickets, merchandise, etc.

What conclusion do you expect people to draw? Just more of the same finger pointing.

Then you follow up by saying its nothing to do with Rovers! WTF?

So yes, I find fault with you post.

Funny though as my original beef was with said "bloke" not you. Although I'm now guessing you are an ex-pat living in America - as "bloke" is a word I'd associate with a Nothern English person.

To provoke debate.

We have had an ever increasing amount of sh!te posted on here over the last 18 months. This board really has gone downhill if you find fault with my post.

I clearly missed the point by a country mile speeeedie, please accept my apologies

I didn't even send mine back because I never saw it - my husband decided not to pass it on to me but shredded it straight away. Mind you I did email the club teling them to stop the emails about offers unless Kean was sacked as i wouldn't be purchasing anything so perhaps that's why.

Archived