BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2012/13

Or that you will sit there dumb and blinkered while Kean and co rape and pillage your club in front of your eyes while you do nothing whatsoever - not even vocally - to stop them. But hey, so long as we win a few games it's all unicorns and rainbows in Hughesy-world, eh?

+1

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or that you will sit there dumb and blinkered while Kean and co rape and pillage your club in front of your eyes while you do nothing whatsoever - not even vocally - to stop them. But hey, so long as we win a few games it's all unicorns and rainbows in Hughesy-world, eh?

Man makes the choice to support his team and he gets grief for it.

Others will also be doing so, but are keeping quiet about it.

Why should a poster be slatted for chosing to support the team he has always supported?

Others are boycotting, yet want to give kean out chants. Though, where they are going to chant from is a mystery.

I've not been on this Messageboard long but I have to say I admire your dedication and enthusiasm. Under normal circumstances your words would be an inspiration other fans, but reflecting on the season we have just endured I really cannot believe the atmosphere will be supportive and positive. How will supporting the team help anything in these circumstances? What good has it done throughout the Kean/Venkys era?

The football club that I fell in love with just doesn't feel like it belongs to the town and the community. Despite being one of those who have renewed I can't even convince myself that I will be attending every match, doesn't that say everything about our so called football club in 2012?

Paul Agnew said on the radio all we need is a few wins for fans to come back, personally I don't care about winning or losing right now I just want my football club back. The manager has to leave and the owners have to win people back over or sell up, that is the only way forward in my eyes. Thousands of fans haven't walked away from Ewood because of poor results, they haven't been valued or listened to.

Yet people have been having meetings with shebby singh - other meetings planned - because they believe it may be possible that he has the power to remove Kean.

Some people will renew not just because they support the team. But for the simple reason of liking the seat they currently have. They know they would lose it if they do not renew. Others will renew because they know better seats will be available. In otherwords they will take advantage of the situation. this is human nature.

Many reasons why somebody still wants to continue atttending ewood park.

It does not mean a person who renews likes either kean or venkys.

I will still travel up to matches, when able to do so, from sussex.

And I don't chant Kean/Venky's out to copy people, I do it because I detest the lot of them and never want to give up the cause, as fruitless as it has been so far.

No Kean Out chants and the situation will look hunky dory.

I'll support the team, but I won't let that toad on the touchline off the hook, nor will I let Venky's off the hook. United's green/gold campaign involving plenty of anti Glazer chanting hasn't affected their fortunes, and I think the players are well aware of our justified disdain of the powers that be at Ewood.

One thing that I've picked up in the last fortnight or so is how the "Kean Out" chants are perceived by other football fans. I was sitting in the Main stand for our game at Rochdale [i was in mufti, otherwise I wouldn't have been allowed in that stand] and the locals couldn't see the "Kean Out" chants as anything other than lack of support for the team.

Similarly, in preparing the preview for the Ipswich Town game, I asked the following question on one of their Boards: "You may well have read in the media how popular our owners and manager are with many of the fans [NOT]; what do you think about the way our saga has developed?"

One of the respondents [who answered none of the other questions I asked] replied as follows:

"The vitriol shown to Steve Kean was appalling. The owners are unpopular but the personal attacks on Kean were a new low imho.

Don't understand why you couldn't protest against the board and support your manager."

Others were less outspoken but one of the effects of the "Kean Out" chants seems to have been to build up some sympathy for him with fans of other clubs, who then question our loyalty.

The media gravy train has succeeded then obviously.

I almost lost it with my man utd supporting mate towards the end of last season when he repeated the pundits favorite.... he is doing a good job.

Dont worry i soon corrected him and now he understands the situation.

The case with rochdale fans is just sheer lack of understanding

Aka ignorance, and who can blame them. Are you that interested in the demise of Leeds, Bolton, Rangers etc?

The ignorance of other football supporters isn't and shouldn't be our concern.

Kean is what he is - at this stage I couldn't care less about 'educating' people who think that football is what the Sky Sports News ticker tells them.

Exactly right, why are people concerned about what other fans think?

Other fans won’t save the club from going bust

Other fans won’t stop us from going down

Other fans won’t pick up the pieces once these idiots have left town

:angry2:

Recognition that I will stick with my TEAM through thick and thin yes

Can't argue with that Hughesy, you do what you think is right :tu:

Bang on the money there Gav (once again!). I couldn't t care less either about what people think when they have no connection or empathy with the Club. The supporters have to save it, we owe it to our past.

We don't agree on how best to do it but time and events will have their own momentum.

Borrowing from the Olympics, this is a marathon not a sprint.

Lets hope the walk-on's dramatically increase or there are going to be a lot of red faces down Ewood way.

I hope they don't. I want Ewood to be a ghost town until they all bugger off

I WON'T be setting foot in Ewood this season. I know a few idiots who say they will buckle and go to the Burnley game but why go to the one game you don't want to see them lose for the 1st time in nearly 3 decades??? Beggards belief.

Roll on saturday fell walks in the lakes oblivious to the goings on at Venky's FC

One thing that I've picked up in the last fortnight or so is how the "Kean Out" chants are perceived by other football fans. I was sitting in the Main stand for our game at Rochdale [i was in mufti, otherwise I wouldn't have been allowed in that stand] and the locals couldn't see the "Kean Out" chants as anything other than lack of support for the team.

Similarly, in preparing the preview for the Ipswich Town game, I asked the following question on one of their Boards: "You may well have read in the media how popular our owners and manager are with many of the fans [NOT]; what do you think about the way our saga has developed?"

One of the respondents [who answered none of the other questions I asked] replied as follows:

Others were less outspoken but one of the effects of the "Kean Out" chants seems to have been to build up some sympathy for him with fans of other clubs, who then question our loyalty.

Who gives a shoite what other teams fans think of us

IDIOTS. Who the hell are you. Sick of all the self righteous crap that some rovers fans have been coming out with. If you want to stay away then that is YOUR decision but don't criticise others who want to go.

I renewed after a long deliberation with myself and I felt adamant that I would stay away but never once called anyone who had renewed.

You want to stay away then fine but stop spouting crap at others just because they haven't made the same choice as your self. Stop being pathetic

IDIOTS. Who the hell are you. Sick of all the self righteous crap that some rovers fans have been coming out with. If you want to stay away then that is YOUR decision but don't criticise others who want to go.

I renewed after a long deliberation with myself and I felt adamant that I would stay away but never once called anyone who had renewed.

You want to stay away then fine but stop spouting crap at others just because they haven't made the same choice as your self. Stop being pathetic

It would be a pretty poor message board, if nobody posted any messages.

Or indeed if everyone had the same opinion.

No need for all this name calling - on both sides.

If people want to stay away, stay away. But maybe some should consider staying away from supporter messageboards too if they can't converse rationally with supporters who are continuing to attend.

It's the way some of the non-renewers speak about those of us who HAVE renewed that gets peoples backs up. Making us out to be moronic lemmings with our heads in the sand purely for having a different opinion.

Well you enjoy your shopping and visits to museums on matchdays, I'm happy with my decision thanks.

• Moderation Lead

Or indeed if everyone had the same opinion.

No need for all this name calling - on both sides.

If people want to stay away, stay away. But maybe some should consider staying away from supporter messageboards too if they can't converse rationally with supporters who are continuing to attend.

This is exactly a point I was going to make. How far does the boycott extend? Are they boycotting BRFC? Or just Ewood Park? I must question the merits of people coming on the messageboard going around in circles when they claim to have boycotted.

I'm not a Rovers Fan, a trembler or anything like that, I'm just not being driven out of my club by any idiots from Pune.

This is exactly a point I was going to make. How far does the boycott extend? Are they boycotting BRFC? Or just Ewood Park?

They're not boycotting anything. They are refusing to support the owners either financially or by their attendance.

They're not boycotting anything. They are refusing to support the owners either financially or by their attendance.

So, just Ewood Park then, by boycotting matches...

...and presumably not buying merchandise...

...oh, and any previously purchased merchandise has been moth-balled to avoid providing Venkys with any free marketing.

• Moderation Lead

Look on several poster's signatures/information, and the word boycott will appear more than once.

Look on several poster's signatures/information, and the word boycott will appear more than once.

I couldn't care less what it's called in all honesty. They wont "support" the way the clubs being run. They're hardly in a minority are they - there's around 8000 of them.

I hope they don't. I want Ewood to be a ghost town until they all bugger off

I WON'T be setting foot in Ewood this season. I know a few idiots who say they will buckle and go to the Burnley game but why go to the one game you don't want to see them lose for the 1st time in nearly 3 decades??? Beggards belief.

Absolutely :tu:

Its all or nothing, no burnley games for me, can't believe I'm saying that, but if you're going to do something do it properly!

KEAN OUT

VENKYS OUT

AGNEW OUT

Those criticising the decision to renew tickets this season are at least 12 months too late. It was blatantly obvious to anyone with a modicum of footballing knowledge after 8-10 games of his FIRST season that Kean was totally out of his depth and should never have been recruited, but still thousands supported the 'VenKean evil regime' all last season with their hard earnt, instead of cancelling tickets.

Well I for one renewed last season with my eyes fully wide open and knew it would be disastrous from the word go with Kean at the helm. Nothing has now changed apart from the division we play in and further continued downsizing of all related to the club. I refused to buy from the concourse or the club shop all last season as my own relatively early private protest.

Those now renewing this year should be free to do so without any negative comments at anytime, as the majority of those currently criticising supported VenKean fully last year with fianances, believing the spin it would be better, contrary to the blatant evidence available in front of them. They would be best served admitting they were a bit slow catching on this time last season, as opposed to beating the drums now trying to get everyone to follow sheep like.

On a wider topic it would be very pleasing for all our fans to be fully united again. The recruitment of Ince split the fans, as did the recruitment of Allardyce, as did the change in ownership and the recruitment of Kean. Bitching about people who have renewed season tickets is further evidence of the lasting damage being done to the club and its fans as the owners divide and conquer strategy throughout the club continues unaddressed.

For me, we are all true Rovers fans whether you roll up on Saturday's or not. There have been times in my life I have been unable to go to matches, but loved the club just the same. There have been times when I have seen us home and away and missed only odd matches all season, but loved the club just the same.

We are all very good fans, time to show some lasting respect to fellow fans whether you get down to Bolton Road on a Saturday, or not.

So, just Ewood Park then, by boycotting matches...

...and presumably not buying merchandise...

...oh, and any previously purchased merchandise has been moth-balled to avoid providing Venkys with any free marketing.

yep, the Coco kean and Venky's 0% will be worn for the odd away games; as for home games I will be doing shopping, feet up duties, golf etc......not a penny of my hard earned cash, nor a moment of my valuable time will be wasted on these chicken monsters.

Archived