BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2012/13

pafell said something has slightly changed this close season

yes it has I no longer care

Echoed by many. As my mate said yesterday the heart and soul has been ripped out of the club. Jack Walkers legacy dies the day that lot walked in and quickly sacked a top quality manager and a top quality Chairman.

I saw through trhe Slumdog regime last season and packed up my ST and I can tell everyone who has done the same this summer that as every week passes they will care a little less.

I suggest another factor heralding the demise of football in this country might be the Olympics. Only a short term factor granted but what a pleasure to see proper dedicated sportsmen competing in a proper manner? The most whingeing and cheating that I have seen to date has inevitably been in the mens football. Footballers really are an overpaid, overhyped and overrated bunch of arrogant inner city tossers aren't they?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing those pictures of all the people down at the family fun day makes me feel sick to my stomach. I can't imagine how I will feel when I see thousands going down to watch in a couple of weeks. Say hi to your pal Steve.

Ah ha! So now families, that's families, enjoying a Family Fun Day are supporting the Dark Side. People need to get a grip. Boycott by all means I really could no longer care as I've read so much putting down those who still chose to go to Ewood be it for a Fun Day or a football match.

Sick to your stomach - you're the one with the problem if that's how you feel about families enjoying themselves.

Ah ha! So now families, that's families, enjoying a Family Fun Day are supporting the Dark Side. People need to get a grip. Boycott by all means I really could no longer care as I've read so much putting down those who still chose to go to Ewood be it for a Fun Day or a football match.

Sick to your stomach - you're the one with the problem if that's how you feel about families enjoying themselves.

Indeed. I was wondering if anybody else found that comment baffling.

I think I have to agree with the comments that the GB Team Sportsmen and women have shown up the biug time charlie brigade that make up the footballers of this country.

To see them try heart and soul, give of their best and more to try and win a medal or even to try and make a final made the country proud and still does whereas the prima donnas just make me sick.

Reading headlines in the media of what it has taken to get gold medals compared to United offering RVP over £200k a week to wear their shirt just goes to show how maligned the images of footballers being heroes really are.

Echoed by many. As my mate said yesterday the heart and soul has been ripped out of the club. Jack Walkers legacy dies the day that lot walked in and quickly sacked a top quality manager and a top quality Chairman.

I saw through trhe Slumdog regime last season and packed up my ST and I can tell everyone who has done the same this summer that as every week passes they will care a little less.

I suggest another factor heralding the demise of football in this country might be the Olympics. Only a short term factor granted but what a pleasure to see proper dedicated sportsmen competing in a proper manner? The most whingeing and cheating that I have seen to date has inevitably been in the mens football. Footballers really are an overpaid, overhyped and overrated bunch of arrogant inner city tossers aren't they?

Speaking personally I would guess that a lot of people that have renewed their tickets also don't care in quite the same way, or quite as much anymore. I think many are expecting the worst and don't imagine much if anything will have changed.

Quite right regarding the Olympians. It has been hugely refreshing to see people trying their hearts out, win or lose and watching the immediate reactions of participants after events have finished has been emotional at times and pleasingly honest.

I think I have to agree with the comments that the GB Team Sportsmen and women have shown up the biug time charlie brigade that make up the footballers of this country.

To see them try heart and soul, give of their best and more to try and win a medal or even to try and make a final made the country proud and still does whereas the prima donnas just make me sick.

Reading headlines in the media of what it has taken to get gold medals compared to United offering RVP over £200k a week to wear their shirt just goes to show how maligned the images of footballers being heroes really are.

Very true... but it's an entertainment business and I wouldn't want to watch those individual events week in week out as often as I watch football.

Footballers aren't heroes, I don't know anybody who genuinely thinks they are, but they earn their wages because of the amount of interest in the sport they play. That's just the way it goes. I agree it's too much and it would be better with a wage cap, but it's not the players' fault specifically.

Yes Gordon makes a great point, puts things into perspective.

The sickening thing is even the an average player in league 1 and 2 is earning over £1000 a week! so its not just the wages at the top end of the scale, sickening though they are.

I have no problem with families enjoying themselves but I do have a problem with those who are still content to basque in Steve Kean like he is some sort of idol.

I have no problem with families enjoying themselves but I do have a problem with those who are still content to basque in Steve Kean like he is some sort of idol.

Congratulations on having a problem. Good job you've got this place to vent, eh?

Thats a little over the top riggers, I'm not sure anyone, no matter how die-hard of a fan they are, see Kean as an idol.

The thought makes me want to throw up....

Absolutely agree with your view.

I don't think anyone can begrudge families enjoying a family fun day, but I am a little concerned about the clubs attitude with the Kean situation. Fans not allowed near him under any circumstances but any photo opportunity with a few kids and he can stand there with a grin on his face. When the man single-handedly keeping thousands away from Ewood, why does the club think its good publicity to picture him all the time?

Just to add, foul mouth rants and drink driving are hardly the actions associated with a family ethos.

Spot on and what does the club do about it, seemingly, absolutely nothing other than recruit Hendry who has hardly covered himself in glory in his recent personal life.

IMO, there are now very few morals left at Ewood and those in the game know it.

As I have said before, this will sadly impact on our ability to recruit the future stars into our Academy.

Spot on and what does the club do about it, seemingly, absolutely nothing other than recruit Hendry who has hardly covered himself in glory in his recent personal life.

As I have said before, this will sadly impact on our ability to recruit the future stars into our Academy.

Fortunately the behaviour of the fans might attract the odd wonderkid.

I wonder how far Kean would have to go before the club reacts to his behaviour?

For those who possibly think these incidents were one-offs, they aren't - lot of folk within the game think he is a chancer, ask anyone who knows him.

Lets be honest as much as I dislike Steve Kean the moral issue isn't there for kids (and their parents) joining an academy as well respected as ours. They are looking for a football education not the honesty and integrity of the management. Sure they are losing thousands of fans and maybe in time the funding for the academy (due to the lowering stature of the club) but at the moment the academy looks to be the best piece of the Blackburn Rovers jigsaw.

Lets be honest as much as I dislike Steve Kean the moral issue isn't there for kids (and their parents) joining an academy as well respected as ours. They are looking for a football education not the honesty and integrity of the management. Sure they are losing thousands of fans and maybe in time the funding for the academy (due to the lowering stature of the club) but at the moment the academy looks to be the best piece of the Blackburn Rovers jigsaw.

Don't go against the grain!

Just say everything is rubbish and you'll be loved.

This. Football's allure has been diminishing for me for a while - only compounded by the fantastic attitude, behaviour and pride show by the Olympians in contrast to the money-grabbing, 'me, me, me' attitude of people connected with football from FIFA down to the players.

No point stopping on this messageboard just to moan about a sport we don't love anymore then is there lads? Let's all just get on with our lives and hit the running tracks to watch the real heroes week in week out.

Archived