BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2012/13

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I fully agree gumboots. Being on here without watching the matches is like food without seasoning. However I've given up a desperate addiction to smoking (major thanks to Alan Shearer for the part he inadvertantly played) so I'm damned sure that I can give up watching BRFC. In fact everytime I begin to weaken my resolve I simply stop and rem the reasons for my exile..... shhitty owners, a crooked management regime and money grubbing footballing journeymen together with dodgy agents. When I do that the yearning soon dissipates.

Just as an aside don't your hormonal objections to Allardyce seem trivial, churlish and most definitely irrational now given what we have had foisted upon us since and the current state of the club? I bet you'd suck the stains out of his underpants now just to see him and Williams back in charge and sitting up in the JW! ^_^

I'm starting to really dislike this messageboard.

Long term posters having pops at one another or even asking to be banned (FFS). Trolls taking over.

Venkys and Kean have completely destroyed everything that was enjoyable about Rovers

So p'd off.

:(

Don't take things so seriously Staurt, its a messageboard after all, most of us are probably PNE, Bpool and burnley fans in disguise anyway! I know SteB cross dresses at weekends and goes by the name of Tulip :tu:

Just as an aside don't your hormonal objections to Allardyce seem trivial, churlish and most definitely irrational now given what we have had foisted upon us since and the current state of the club? I bet you'd suck the stains out of his underpants now just to see him and Williams back in charge and sitting up in the JW! ^_^

Drunk at 11am?

Gilly, I honestly think you are unaware of the current situation at Ewood with your ill judged comment.

Rovers have been relegated and have been ona downward spiral under KEANSCUM.

Rovers are owned by muppetsrus and a bunch of idiots.

Rovers have signed the class of Portugal and half of them without the managers say so and the other half becasue some wannabee celebrity who has played 5th rate football ion Malyasia thnks they have skill.

Ewood Park is sponsorless, we have not got a kit with a name on it, the advertising boards are bare, the corporate side of the business is non existant and the fans are missing in their thousands

YET

You decree for us to go back and spend our cash on tickets and accuse us of leaving our team ?

See some sense my mate and look at the reality of the mess we are in.

Thats the only reason I wont go to Ewood because in KEANSCUM, agnew and Shaw, nit to mention Shabby and the Venkys, we have utterly no hope of our club being run in a professional manner ever again

thing is, unlike you, I don't want to give up my addiction to rovers. It feels like i'm being forced to do so against my will and that infuriates me. and i always admitted my dislike of Allardyce was irrational but no, I don't long for the days when JW was chairman and Allardyce was manager. What i do long for is a competent chairman (I'd love it if it could be JW but there are other decent guys out there) and a competent manager working together with a competent board and owners who care and are prepared when necessary to put in sensible funding for the good of our club, to bring success to Rovers and by association, to the town. If we still had Allardyce, I think we'd have stagnated. Unlike you, I don't think the Allardyce way was the only way we could have survived. there are lots of models for the kind of success we were aiming for and not all of them involve the allardyce way of football.

thing is, unlike you, I don't want to give up my addiction to rovers. It feels like i'm being forced to do so against my will and that infuriates me. and i always admitted my dislike of Allardyce was irrational but no, I don't long for the days when JW was chairman and Allardyce was manager. What i do long for is a competent chairman (I'd love it if it could be JW but there are other decent guys out there) and a competent manager working together with a competent board and owners who care and are prepared when necessary to put in sensible funding for the good of our club, to bring success to Rovers and by association, to the town. If we still had Allardyce, I think we'd have stagnated. Unlike you, I don't think the Allardyce way was the only way we could have survived. there are lots of models for the kind of success we were aiming for and not all of them involve the allardyce way of football.

I wouldn't have bothered replying, he'll be sleeping it if about now, and to be frank he doesn't deserve an explanation gumboots.

By the way I couldn't agre more.

Don't take things so seriously Staurt, its a messageboard after all, most of us are probably PNE, Bpool and burnley fans in disguise anyway! I know SteB cross dresses at weekends and goes by the name of Tulip :tu:

Cheers GAV. Must have been the wine talking!

A typical comment from a fan who wants to knock the club at every opportunity. As previously stated, this is a marketing strategy employed by the club for years and prior to Venks never raised an eyebrow. I was under the impression it was the job of the marketing dept. to try and maximise the number of bums on seats...

Comment or question? - the presence of "?" didn't make you think, before venting?

Maybe but none as enduring by a country mile. A manager who is not a one hit wonder but who can steer clubs with a negative transfer budget year after year to top 10 finishes is as rare as rocking horse ######. Better still with Allardyce cos his image deters top clubs from spiriting him away as they did with Hughes and to a much lesser extent Souness.

Don't get me wrong it'd be nice to watch the club under the guidance and tutelage of Arsene Wenger but that quality of manager wouldn't dream of managing us. Not only that but our playing staff would be ravaged every transfer window and with FOC the revenue would not stack up to find replacements of similar quality. Sure it's a poor do but one can only wee with the willy they are waving. Don't quote Swansea 9or Norwich) to me either cos imo they will be a one hit wonder. They've bost lost their manager after one season and their players are imitating 9 green bottles. If Laudrup or houghton do well they'll be nicked too and ultimately relegation will take them both.

btw You said "I think we'd have stagnated"? Stagnated above mid table in the Prem I assume? I'd take that, as would 20000 others and most importantly so would the bank manager at Barclays!

Drunk at 11am?

I wouldn't have bothered replying, he'll be sleeping it if about now, and to be frank he doesn't deserve an explanation gumboots.

You appear to be a little Grumpy...... wassup Debs run off with Happy?

SERIOUS QUESTION,

WHY are all the sam lovers not flocking back to ewood? ###### football and winning is all you wanted ,right?

:huh:

Apologies if you are actually joking but...is that a joke? None of Sam's supporters wanted "##### football". We just had the brains to realise that when you're up against teams with bigger budgets and better players, there's nothing whatsoever wrong with winning ugly. No team in the championship has a bigger budget than rovers and no team has better players. Sam had every excuse for setting his team up the way he did, Kean has none.

It wasn't even THAT bad, it was very entertaining watching us take on teams with much bigger resources, eg the win v Arsenal and the draws v United and Chelsea,

we really had a good gameplan and it made for entertaining and exciting games. Much more entertaining than the tripe Kean serves up.

There were people like you who would never take to him, no matter how successful he was for us you could all never admit you were wrong, it tells you something when people had a petition to stop him being appointed when we eventually picked Ince.

SERIOUS QUESTION,

WHY are all the sam lovers not flocking back to ewood? ###### football and winning is all you wanted ,right?

If you are implying that the majority of people who have stopped going have done so because we were not winning games then your seriously mistaken.

SERIOUS QUESTION,

Simple answer Abbey... It simply does not feel like my club anymore. The heart and soul have been ripped out of it. You must feel similarly surely?

It's all about right and wrong on both counts Abbey. History has seen those who saw Allardyce as the 'best fit' for BRFC after Hughes departed proven right time and again and similarly those who foresaw disaster after just a few weeks under the new regime have been proven right time and again too.

As for the rest as the old saying goes two wrongs will never make a right.

If we still had Allardyce, I think we'd have stagnated. Unlike you, I don't think the Allardyce way was the only way we could have survived. there are lots of models for the kind of success we were aiming for and not all of them involve the allardyce way of football.

I guess most fans would love stagnation now if it meant retaining our Premier League status year after year.

And which models would those be that have the same successful long term track record of our previous dear departed manager ?

You'd think we'd only ever had one manager before Kean. Why do Hughes and Souness not get people all misty-eyed and wistful? They did far more for us.

It's obvious if Venky's hadn't sacked Allardyce he'd have been gone within months.

You're quite right EiT. No decent manager would put up with Venky's style of ownership and Sam was more than a decent manager.

You'd think we'd only ever had one manager before Kean. Why do Hughes and Souness not get people all misty-eyed and wistful? They did far more for us.

It's obvious if Venky's hadn't sacked Allardyce he'd have been gone within months.

It's probably more to do with the fact that the club did this to themselves in Allardyce's case. It was within their control and the messed it up - that's a lot harder to take. With Souey and Hughes they walked of their own volition. (Although in Hughes' case he was kind of pushed into a corner by the lack of funding/ambition. I expect that JW would have loved to have backed Hughes to the hilt but when push came to shove we simply couldn't afford it).

When Allardyce came along, we struck gold. Here was a guy who could work WITHIN our budget with relative success. People who believed he was no good for Rovers actually gave ammunition those in the club who wanted him gone!

It wasn't obvious he would leave at all, by the way. He had been linked with the Middle East but he was still here. The only reason for him going would be Venkys "methods" and apparent lack of trust that JW and Big Sam would get the best value and most relative success for their money. Now... I wonder why they didn't trust them...? Did someone soft-soap them with Champions League ambitions on £5m per year. Again... I wonder who put this demented idea in their head. (Fan's of other clubs have forgotten that gem - I haven't).

Despite your assertion, I reckon most people's choice for a former manager to come back would be Hughes but Allardyce would be neck and neck with Souness for second place.

It's probably more to do with the fact that the club did this to themselves in Allardyce's case. It was within their control and the messed it up - that's a lot harder to take. With Souey and Hughes they walked of their own volition. (Although in Hughes' case he was kind of pushed into a corner by the lack of funding/ambition. I expect that JW would have loved to have backed Hughes to the hilt but when push came to shove we simply couldn't afford it).

When Allardyce came along, we struck gold. Here was a guy who could work WITHIN our budget with relative success. People who believed he was no good for Rovers actually gave ammunition those in the club who wanted him gone!

It wasn't obvious he would leave at all, by the way. He had been linked with the Middle East but he was still here. The only reason for him going would be Venkys "methods" and apparent lack of trust that JW and Big Sam would get the best value and most relative success for their money. Now... I wonder why they didn't trust them...? Did someone soft-soap them with Champions League ambitions on £5m per year. Again... I wonder who put this demented idea in their head. (Fan's of other clubs have forgotten that gem - I haven't).

Despite your assertion, I reckon most people's choice for a former manager to come back would be Hughes but Allardyce would be neck and neck with Souness for second place.

Excellent post. +100

I don't really want to get drawn into a debate about the WestHams manager, but I have to take issue with a couple of points Stuart.

The vast majority of Rovers fans, me included, never actually voiced an opinion in the usual manner to get rid of Allardyce, we may have written pieces on sites like this, but that probably adds up to less than 1% of the fan base, and is no basis whatsoever to replace the man.

As for the Middle East stuff, he was refused permission to speak to them, but wanted to go, make no mistake about that, he also kicked up a bit of a fuss when asked to honour his contract.

Archived