BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2012/13

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hughes was in the 5% of managers out there who could replicate Allardyce's success on the same budget but with more style. The other 95% couldn't and by simple probability we ended up with one of those. Any of the critics during Allardyce's reign who couldn't see this was likely to happen were utterly delusional/very slow. I seem to remember Owen Coyle was the other example that kept being given at the time of the how to match Sam but with style, and that really says it all.

Twas a good question tho lol,its ok for rubbish footy with sam but not numb nuts is how I read it.

Not really was it? How about an average of 1.31 points per match versus 0.84 Abbey? Thats how 10000 stay aways must be reading it.

I keep repeating Allardyce might not be the best manager in the world but without a doubt he was the best for us.

I have heard from a few places that there seems to be a lot of 'free' season tickets available for games, there is suggestion that a lot of these 'staff/sponsor' ST's have been created to inflate numbers on the ticket system. Anyone work at the ticket office able to check?

Twas a good question tho lol,its ok for rubbish footy with sam but not numb nuts is how I read it.

Rubbish footy or winning footy?

Kean's winning footy is confined to an inferior league. He couldn't cut it in the Premiership. Sam could and is.

Same again at the Barnsley game, the attendance didn't match the actual numbers through the turnstiles. I think this is obvious from just looking at the empty seats. The Jack Walker stand is so sparce. I'm sure the info regarding the numbers through the turnstiles will be available to the public somewhere. I only get it from a Police officer I know as they get told how many are in the actual ground for safety reasons.

Same again at the Barnsley game, the attendance didn't match the actual numbers through the turnstiles. I think this is obvious from just looking at the empty seats. The Jack Walker stand is so sparce. I'm sure the info regarding the numbers through the turnstiles will be available to the public somewhere. I only get it from a Police officer I know as they get told how many are in the actual ground for safety reasons.

And what were you told the attendance was.

Take away 700 or so visiting fans then i just can't see how there was 12k home fans there. My estimate would be 10k max unless they do count people in the boxes etc but it still wouldnt add up ?

Before PL, Rovers were often alleged to 'depress' the official attendance, now it seems, allegedly, the gate is being inflated; if correct, can only be to avoid further embarrassment.

Season Ticket holders who do not actually attend are counted in the official attendance figure.

Apparently it is fairly common practice amongst clubs.

Season Ticket holders who do not actually attend are counted in the official attendance figure.

I wonder how many ST's Stevie boy and Jerome have clubbed together to buy then. More wool for the Venky eye's :)

So thinking this through, Rovers could 'create' say 2,000 'guest season tickets' on their system, whether they 'use' them or not is another matter, so automatically adding 2,000 'phantoms' to both their 'official' Season Ticket numbers and match attendance.

Been involved in industries where free product is also classed as a 'volume' sale - puts a gloss on sales' volumes but knackers your margins.

I would love a day's opportunity to audit some aspects of BRFC !

I was told the amount of home fans was around 8,500 with Barnsley having about 700 in the ground. About a third full seemed to look about right. It's ironic as in years gone by football chairman would always play down the gate for tax reasons and now we are doing the exact opposite just to prove some kind of point.

I'm out of the country at the moment but den on another thread has just posted that Kean has told Sky sports news that he's turned the fans aound :lol:

We'll be down tomorrow to sign up for season tickets then Steve, you ******* idiot......

Archived