BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2012/13

No point stopping on this messageboard just to moan about a sport we don't love anymore then is there lads? Let's all just get on with our lives and hit the running tracks to watch the real heroes week in week out.

Three guesses who likes the sound of his own voice and lots and lots and lots and lots of attention. Sweet.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder how far Kean would have to go before the club reacts to his behaviour?

For those who possibly think these incidents were one-offs, they aren't - lot of folk within the game think he is a chancer, ask anyone who knows him.

Turn your chancer to cancer and that has more bearing

Three guesses who likes the sound of his own voice and lots and lots and lots and lots of attention. Sweet.

Steve Kean

DO I WIN

Thats a little over the top riggers, I'm not sure anyone, no matter how die-hard of a fan they are, see Kean as an idol.

The thought makes me want to throw up....

Yes agreed probably a bit although I heard there were quite a few Steve Kean autograph hunters and photos requested so somebody must do!

True. But I thought it was a good one liner and you went and ruined it for me.

On another note I had my first tweet printed in twitter Tuesday. It filled me a sense of enormous well being. LOL

Apologies, I won't point out the mistake in that one then.

Congratulations, anyway.

Yes agreed probably a bit although I heard there were quite a few Steve Kean autograph hunters and photos requested so somebody must do!

Mostly from Burnley I imagine, after beating them last time I was determined to get Brian Laws to sign my programme and went about it in exactly the same way. No doubt Steve Kean is the autograph that every Burnley supporter wants to get right now.

I have no problem with families enjoying themselves but I do have a problem with those who are still content to basque in Steve Kean like he is some sort of idol.

I do not think there is anybody on here who considers kean as any form of idol.

Just out of interest how many Season Tickets does anyone think Rovers would have sold with a change of manager? If the 8,500 figure is to be believed the club have lost a fortune in potential sales, how can any business in the current climate justify this?

Surely even in my simpleton maths 4,000 extra ST holders even at the most basic £225 early bird Blackburn End price would have generated £900,000 (I know its not accurate with tax, etc) what is the reluctance to re-engage with the clubs supporters and effectively reproduce the "Taking Back Ewood" strategy.

Just out of interest how many Season Tickets does anyone think Rovers would have sold with a change of manager? If the 8,500 figure is to be believed the club have lost a fortune in potential sales, how can any business in the current climate justify this?

Surely even in my simpleton maths 4,000 extra ST holders even at the most basic £225 early bird Blackburn End price would have generated £900,000 (I know its not accurate with tax, etc) what is the reluctance to re-engage with the clubs supporters and effectively reproduce the "Taking Back Ewood" strategy.

I think a high percentage would have renewed if he had gone after the wigan game. It would have been the glimour of hope the fans needed. Seen as a step in the right direction.

Now i still think you would get a good few thousand.... but some may have been pushed too far.....

• 2 weeks later...

But the thing is I enjoy going on the football but I don't feel 100% comfortable renewing so im just going to see how I feel tomorow

If I was in your shoes I'd have made up my mind after being flown all the way to India and told lies by the idiots in Pune. That coupled with Kean and Agnew allegedly trying to meddle in proceedings at every turn whilst you were in India, you’d be mad to renew.

Well, everyone's free to make their own mind up. Those who have renewed shouldn't be castigated for it.

I can see both points of view. But to give the Rao's money after what they've done to Rovers, I would find that morally repugnant. And there's no real issue here of giving the team support and it will help. Things are so bad, the support the fans gives is a peripheral matter.

It's that useless sack on the sidelines that is ruining everything.

One thing that I've picked up in the last fortnight or so is how the "Kean Out" chants are perceived by other football fans. I was sitting in the Main stand for our game at Rochdale [i was in mufti, otherwise I wouldn't have been allowed in that stand] and the locals couldn't see the "Kean Out" chants as anything other than lack of support for the team.

Similarly, in preparing the preview for the Ipswich Town game, I asked the following question on one of their Boards: "You may well have read in the media how popular our owners and manager are with many of the fans [NOT]; what do you think about the way our saga has developed?"

One of the respondents [who answered none of the other questions I asked] replied as follows:

Others were less outspoken but one of the effects of the "Kean Out" chants seems to have been to build up some sympathy for him with fans of other clubs, who then question our loyalty.

They would soon revise their thinking if he was managing their teams!

They would soon revise their thinking if he was managing their teams!

Correct Dave. My one wish for this season is for you to be on that train to and from games again - that would mean that one or both of the owners/manager will have gone! That stat in the Leicester preview is incredible - they have sacked 9 managers in the past 10 years, ALL OF WHOM HAVE A BETTER RECORD THAN KEAN!!!!!!!!

• Backroom

But the thing is I enjoy going on the football but I don't feel 100% comfortable renewing so im just going to see how I feel tomorow

The thing is Tom, will you enjoy the football? With the bald one in charge I've not watched a Rovers match and enjoyed it since we beat Liverpool 3-1 very early in his tenure. Even the Wolves match had me cursing madly as we collapsed in the second half and nearly lost a 3-0 advantage.

Archived