BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wayne Wild on Sky News tonight discussing takeover bid

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You only get to live a dream once in a lifetime.

Thanks to Uncle Jack I got to live my once in a lifetime dream with him.

That dream was competing for and even winning the league. What people want now is to stay in the league and not be in a relegation battle each year. Is that really too much to ask? If the answer is yes then maybe we have outstayed our welcome. But with the Sky money we have been virtually sealed in for the last 10 years and all it needed was for us to continue to be astute with player buys and sales.

If we had sold Jones this year instead of last, and for £20m+ people would have been more likely to accept it as a way of life. Some posters say we aren't allowed to look back - we are where we are - but Venkys came in and promised funding, I don't see how they can now complain its too expensive for them. Did they deliberately lie?

Had they followed up their words with some money, and employed the right manager, we wouldn't be saying things like 'we don't deserve to be here' or 'the dream is over'. That's how close we were to being comfortably mid table (worthy) to being relegation fodder (unworthy).

No-one expects them to fund a title or even Champions League charge. No-one - despite the BS from Kean. But just run us as a PL side not a League One side.

It's Venkys and Kean who have set yo-yo expectations - both high and low. Venkys with their champagne tastes and beer money, and Kean with his bullshit psychobabble. Who doesn't bring in a sponsor yet can't afford to pay wages/match fees? Who talks about not being CL contenders... YET?

Jack may have started the dream, by thinking big, but the dream has been killed by small-mindedness. It did not have to end this way.

You only get to live a dream once in a lifetime.

Thanks to Uncle Jack I got to live my once in a lifetime dream with him.

Exactly!

Cheese eating surrender monkeys.

Only joking fellas (i just love that phrase!) but as Stuart says, it really doesn't nor should it end this way. If someone had come in with at least a modicum of common sense and a willingness to listen to the right people (I.e. the previous regime, rather than a football agent (good grief)) then I very much doubt that we'd be in this mess; Bottom three, umpteen players not good enough to play, or just can't be played for unknown reasons and thousands of fans ready to walk away as they are sick of all the lies.

That dream was competing for and even winning the league. What people want now is to stay in the league and not be in a relegation battle each year. Is that really too much to ask? If the answer is yes then maybe we have outstayed our welcome. But with the Sky money we have been virtually sealed in for the last 10 years and all it needed was for us to continue to be astute with player buys and sales.

If we had sold Jones this year instead of last, and for £20m+ people would have been more likely to accept it as a way of life. Some posters say we aren't allowed to look back - we are where we are - but Venkys came in and promised funding, I don't see how they can now complain its too expensive for them. Did they deliberately lie?

Had they followed up their words with some money, and employed the right manager, we wouldn't be saying things like 'we don't deserve to be here' or 'the dream is over'. That's how close we were to being comfortably mid table (worthy) to being relegation fodder (unworthy).

No-one expects them to fund a title or even Champions League charge. No-one - despite the BS from Kean. But just run us as a PL side not a League One side.

It's Venkys and Kean who have set yo-yo expectations - both high and low. Venkys with their champagne tastes and beer money, and Kean with his bullshit psychobabble. Who doesn't bring in a sponsor yet can't afford to pay wages/match fees? Who talks about not being CL contenders... YET?

Jack may have started the dream, by thinking big, but the dream has been killed by small-mindedness. It did not have to end this way.

Absolutely right Stuart. +1

Don't Quit

When things go wrong as they sometimes will,When the road you're trudging seems all up hill,

When the funds are low and the debts are high

And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,

When care is pressing you down a bit,

Rest if you must, but don't you quit.

Life is queer with its twists and turns,

As every one of us sometimes learns,

And many a failure turns about

When he might have won had he stuck it out;

Don't give up though the pace seems slow--

You may succeed with another blow,

Success is failure turned inside out--

The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,

And you never can tell how close you are,

It may be near when it seems so far;

So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit--

It's when things seem worst that you must not quit.

Brilliant Glen, a great philosophy both on and off the pitch!

• Backroom

Great post pal, couldn't agree more. It's entirely possible that under the Trust we would have one day been relegated... but for it to happen like this under Venky's is sickening. It's not just the dream that's dead, but the club itself, and that's very hard to take. As you say, it didn't have to be this way. Venky's have made it this way, this is all their doing.

As for "did they deliberately lie?" ... all you have to look at is the sale contract to find the answer to that.

Has anyone been able to get a video link to this for those who missed it please??

If this thing is going to work it needs to be widely avalible to promote the cause!

And if no-one can find it surely the BRSIF should have a right to the video and get it on their website somewhere?

Congratulations- perfect post.

I still think they would of been sold an exit strategy as well.. if it fails you can pocket player sales money, parachute money and wind the club down.

It is a good idea from Wayne but while Venkys have the chance to make a little cash and at least get what they spent back then I really can not see them selling.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a thought here. Rather than a full takeover would the Venky's sell a controlling interest or large share to the trust. this would be good PR, the trust could run the club from Blackburn on a day to day basis and couln'nt do a worse job that the current shower. I doubt there would be much interference from Pune now and the risk would be shared. Venky's could still have their PR attachment and it would cost the Trust less meaning an earlier take over.

Where does it mention non exec director?

Who else is running the trust once they have enough cash?

And finally - what money have they been promised so far?

Blackburn Rovers legend Simon Garner has joined a fans’ campaign to bring the club into community ownership.

The club’s record league goal scorer has become a non-executive director of Blackburn Rovers Supporters Investment Trust, who are aiming to take ownership of Rovers.

Garner will appear at a special question and answer session the trust has organised for invited guests on Saturday.

Full Story from LET as posted earlier My link

Amazing how negative some people can be. Of course it's a very long shot for BRSIT to succeed but you have to buy a ticket to win the lottery. I've pledged my support and it's good that there are a fair number of us. Is it enough, not yet, but if a sale is possible at least there is a potential vehicle for the fans to buy the club.

I really don't understand how some people can disrespect the efforts of Wayne and BRSIT. If it doesn't come off what is the cost? Also I find it infinitely better to support a positive action than just cry for the destruction of the current club ownership without an option to replace them.

If Venkys turn into good owners that makes me happy but I prefer to have an acceptable alternative if the worst happens.

PAFELL ‏ @PAFELL17

If I owned Blackburn Rovers. I would not even consider selling to BRIST. Because of the link to BRAG.

What is this bizarre grudge you have against BRAG? They are a few dozen lads and lasses who organise protests, sholdn't your ire be aimed elsewhere?

I really don't understand how some people can disrespect the efforts of Wayne and BRSIT. If it doesn't come off what is the cost?

I prefer to have an acceptable alternative if the worst happens.

Because certains people's roles are not clear. Does he just want a fans takeover, or does he ultimately want power but cant afford it?

As for 'acceptable' - unless the BRSIT can get together a massive financial backer, how can it be acceptable??

• Backroom

I tweeted Wayne Wild recently to get an idea of what roughy is pledged so far but he may have missed it.

At the moment it's a long shot but the only chance we may have

Archived