BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v. Norwich City; 21/4/2012

m1st

What bothers me is how lightweight we are all accross the team. After swapping my usual seat to sit with a mate on bbe row 5 i had a close up view of our players being shrugged off the ball and coming off second best in every 50/50 tussle. Norwich players looked far more physical accross the park although they do try and play it on the deck mostly. I know a part of this is because we have a lot of young players not at their physical peak but its worrying as the championship is far more rough and tumble than the prem.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

robbo 7 - made 2 great saves

orr 7 - wasnt impressed when we signed him but he has been 1 of our better players

givet 9 - brilliant

dann 7 - do not like this guy but had a decent 2nd half

olsson 6 - one of our best attacking players, not a lb

pederson 6 - one of his better games

lowe 5 - hasnt impressed in cm

dunn 6 - average

formica 7 - one of our better players

hoilet 7 - great goal

yak 5 - feel sorry for him being so isolated but last few games his touch has been very heavy

• Backroom

For me Lowe is a weak link in midfield, did he put a tackle in yesterday?

Petrovic did more in his cameo, he has been awful at times but probably the better option

For me this was the last home game of the season. I'm on a jaunt to Germany (actually a hotel inspection visit) when Wigan roll into town, so will not see that one. It was therefore great to see a win, however it came about, and have something good to remember from this season. The Hoillett goal was a stunner and worth the cost of a ticket any day.

Petrovic did more in his cameo, he has been awful at times but probably the better option

i wouldnt say a weak link as no one has impressed in midfield this season. also got to remember that he is very young. as for petrified he played well against everton and the first 20 mins against fulham but bar that he doesnt deserve to be anywhere near the first team. one player we have that would maybe make a difference is grella. but we all know that aint gunna happen

For me this was the last home game of the season. I'm on a jaunt to Germany (actually a hotel inspection visit) when Wigan roll into town, so will not see that one. It was therefore great to see a win, however it came about, and have something good to remember from this season. The Hoillett goal was a stunner and worth the cost of a ticket any day.

Swapping your gumboots for jackboots? :rolleyes:

Sorry I couldn't resist that one.

Before I'm accused of being anti-German and racist I have to say I speak fluent German, have lived and worked in Germany at different times,have German friends etc etc

Spot on, nowhere near the presence or influence of Zonz. Yes, we know he's moody but helps more defensively and offers bigger threat offensively.

Hope you're reading this Topman and Tris. <_<

Swapping your gumboots for jackboots? :rolleyes:

Sorry I couldn't resist that one.

Before I'm accused of being anti-German and racist

Difficult that cos the Germans and the British are both predominantly of the race known as white caucasian.

Hope you're reading this Topman and Tris. <_<

:D Phil Jones, Olsson & Hoilett all send their regards.

Lowe has been a mixed bag this year. Did very well when brought in at right-back but ironically when moved into midfield he looks like he's playing out of position. Still, I'd hardly say that qualifies as bragging rights, JAL, but take what you can get I suppose.

Difficult that cos the Germans and the British are both predominantly of the race known as white caucasian.

I find being called White quite offensive. :D

HAve to admit I did enjoy the anti Venky chants blasting out of my telly. It did seem however to negatively impact the team. But I loved it loud and clear.

Somewhat enjoyed the game too, I was not as sick to my stomach as I was after the last few weeks limp efforts

That was a fantastic win yesterday and two great goals. If we hadn't have gotten all three points that would have been game over.

It was brilliant to hear the Venky's and Kean Out chants as well. We have nothing to lose by hammering home what it is we truly think of them.

Out of interest, does anyone else absolutely hate the "How **** must you be, we're winning (insert score)" song? Its the most replusive, idiotic, disloyal thing we could possibly sing right after scoring a goal. Its basically calling our own players crap right after they've done something good, what kind of motivation is that? When I see fans who've sat there mute throughout every song encouraging the team, and then jump up like they've had an electric shock to belt that rubbish out it makes my blood boil. Hopefully as little of it filters through to the players as possible but I honestly can't think of anything worse to sing right after we've scored. Wish people would stop doing it.

Out of interest, does anyone else absolutely hate the "How **** must you be, we're winning (insert score)" song? Its the most replusive, idiotic, disloyal thing we could possibly sing right after scoring a goal. Its basically calling our own players crap right after they've done something good, what kind of motivation is that? When I see fans who've sat there mute throughout every song encouraging the team, and then jump up like they've had an electric shock to belt that rubbish out it makes my blood boil. Hopefully as little of it filters through to the players as possible but I honestly can't think of anything worse to sing right after we've scored. Wish people would stop doing it.

It was only the back corner of the Darwen end singing it and to be fair they do as much as anyone in the ground to chant songs supporting the team, as well as other songs lol but agreed in the present circumstances its out of order :blink:

+1

• Backroom

Agree with that pal. I don't mind the Venky's Out/Kean Out chants, but what's the point in chant like that? I could understand if we were already relegated as quite frankly the players would deserve all the stick they get... but whilst we still have a chance of staying up it's really strange.

They do say the table doesn't lie.

Archived