BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v. Norwich City; 21/4/2012

m1st

Absolutely LOVING the chants of "we want Venkys out" coming across loud and cleer on R5L- great effort by most in the ground by the sounds of it!

Idiot summariser on the feed I'm watching suggesting that such "negative influences don't help." :rolleyes:

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How Norwich haven't scored in the last 5 mins, who knows.

Think the scoreline rather papers over the fact we've still played pretty poorly today. Maybe I'm being a bit harsh, but that's how it's felt from my perspective.

From BBC:

Alistair Magowan reports from Ewood Park: "Norwich have made changes to try and wake up after Junior Hoilett's thunderous blow, and Aaron Wilbraham and Ryan Bennett have just gone close to scoring. Blackburn fans have just reminded their team that they have worries on a wider scale than relegation as the majority of the stadium join in chants of 'we want Venky's out'.

Can anyone explain the substitutions ?

Just sounds like taking off those carrying injuries/ lacking fitness. A couple of those coming on are pretty gash really, aren't they?!

Wigan just gone behind. Rovers winning, Bolton drawing. Need Spurs to hammer QPR next....

Credit to the player for a solid performance. Hoilett's goal was fantastic.

Credit also to Kean for calling in whatever favours he could to get authorisation for Givet's selection and three substitutes.

Who selects the Man of the Match? Giving it to Givet was inspired.

The most surprising thing about today wasn't the win, or the clean sheet, but that I actually thought Petrovic played well when he came on. Won some challenged, made interceptions, accurate passing. Of course that was just a short cameo in a game we had won, but for Petrovic to do anything well is remarkable, no matter the circumstance.

Pleased with the result. During the week I became pretty convinced we would lose this.

Live to fight another day... but will still need to beat Wigan and get something at Spurs/Chelsea to have a real chance. I'm still struggling to see those things happening.

Good result though.

Live to fight another day... but will still need to beat Wigan and get something at Spurs/Chelsea to have a real chance. I'm still struggling to see those things happening.

Which is why I find little pleasure in this result, sadly.

Kean out, Venky's out.

Archived