BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v. Norwich City; 21/4/2012

m1st

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Irrelevant win. Bemused at idiotic Rovers fans on FiveLive backing Kean.

I didn't hear 606 tonight , but I heard last weeks , were they real fans ? or people in the pay of a PR man ?

The guy last week , was pretty poor and not really believeable .

I didn't hear 606 tonight , but I heard last weeks , were they real fans ? or people in the pay of a PR man ?

The guy last week , was pretty poor and not really believeable .

Probably the same jerkweeds who post here when we scab a rare win.

couldnt give a (Please don't use that word again), norwich are ######, rovers werent much better, ###### game, fans were great at voicing their disapproval, one swallow doesnt make a summer and those of you who think this changes anything (braddock) then your as bad as kean, muppets!!!

Sadly, a case of too little too late I'm afraid. Both QPR and Wigan have a winnable home game left which would take them to 37 points. The Rovers would need six points to get level and hope that their goal difference could edge them ahead of Wigan. Bolton have the advantage of two games in hand but like the Rovers have dropped too many points at home. Unless some miracle happens I believe the Rovers, Bolton and Wolves are gone.

After today Venky's and Kean can be in no doubt that they are not wanted. The overwhelming majority may not have participated in the march but the shouts for Venky's Out and Kean Out were there for all to hear from all parts of the ground - even in the Jack Walker upper! Talking to friends before the match we were remarking that none of us could remember a time when the club was in such turmoil both on and off the field and that things were never as bleak as this even in the early 1970s.

The saddest part of all about today was that Norwich looked distinctly average and yet they will be playing Premier League football next season while we languish in the Championship. I can't help feel that if we had kept the likes of Emerton, Diouf, Nelsen, Samba and Roberts, and used the likes of Salgado and Givet properly that we wouldn't be in this mess. The simple truth is that any team that loses the number of home games that we have done this season really doesn't deserve to survive.

Sadly, a case of too little too late I'm afraid. Both QPR and Wigan have a winnable home game left which would take them to 37 points. The Rovers would need six points to get level and hope that their goal difference could edge them ahead of Wigan. Bolton have the advantage of two games in hand but like the Rovers have dropped too many points at home. Unless some miracle happens I believe the Rovers, Bolton and Wolves are gone.

After today Venky's and Kean can be in no doubt that they are not wanted. The overwhelming majority may not have participated in the march but the shouts for Venky's Out and Kean Out were there for all to hear from all parts of the ground - even in the Jack Walker upper! Talking to friends before the match we were remarking that none of us could remember a time when the club was in such turmoil both on and off the field and that things were never as bleak as this even in the early 1970s.

The saddest part of all about today was that Norwich looked distinctly average and yet they will be playing Premier League football next season while we languish in the Championship. I can't help feel that if we had kept the likes of Emerton, Diouf, Nelsen, Samba and Roberts, and used the likes of Salgado and Givet properly that we wouldn't be in this mess. The simple truth is that any team that loses the number of home games that we have done this season really doesn't deserve to survive.

Spot on

Spot on

yep completely agree-and there have been many other teams at Ewood this season that have been average at best.Tactics have probably cost us 10 points but bottom line is the owners haven't put cash in as promised to replace the players that left. To be honest Salgado, Nelson, Roberts and Diouf were'nt the answer but to not replace them is suicide. The venkys have not kept a single promise and for that reason they are the ones that should be the target of the abuse-IMO its gone past abusing Coco and he 's one of them anyway.

Quite simply those morons have to go-there is no way back for Venkys or Kean in any Rovers fans eyes and until they are gone the slide into oblivion will go on.

Even owners with little money who manage the Club properly,communicate with fans and use parachute money wisely would be like a breath of fresh air and at least we could all pull in the same direction again.

Get TF out of our town you 'king cretins!!

Even owners with little money who manage the Club properly,communicate with fans and use parachute money wisely would be like a breath of fresh air and at least we could all pull in the same direction again.

I totally agree with this point. Back in the days of Bill Bancroft and Bill Fox we had little money but in those guys we had to chairmen who bled 'Blue & White'. We might not always have liked what they said but at least they told the fans exactly what was going on. These clowns in Pune don't tell us a thing - probably because they haven't got a clue what is going on themselves, let alone be capable of doing anything about it.

I totally agree with this point. Back in the days of Bill Bancroft and Bill Fox we had little money but in those guys we had to chairmen who bled 'Blue & White'. We might not always have liked what they said but at least they told the fans exactly what was going on. These clowns in Pune don't tell us a thing - probably because they haven't got a clue what is going on themselves, let alone be capable of doing anything about it.

That really is the crux of the problem - we hear Wolves chairman give his reason for getting rid of McCarthy - it may be flawed but at least he speaks and fans give respect (season ticket sales?) but our lot go silent, really is a very expensive FIFA 12 game to play, Coco is left to front it all, but what is the end game with them?

Nothing can really spoil such a crucial win on the back of 5 straight defeats but the only minor irritant for me was a return to the concentrated anti/Kean Venky's chanting for the first time since the Bolton game. Yes, Kean should have gone long ago but he isn't going anywhere before the end of the season with three games to go. Yes We might be better off with different owners if someone else with deeper pockets is prepared to stump up to buy us but until then we've got to deal with the hand we're given. This was a game we needed to win to have a chance to avoid relegation, we were playing quite well and we were winning it yet the fans still start up with the chants. As I've said before I could understand it if the game were gone and we were 3 or 4 down but as it was it just comes across as moronic to me and as if those fans are disappointed were winning the game and want us to go down just so they can launch further ire at Venky's. It's no wonder really neutral observers and pundits have a field day at the expense of Rovers fans when things like that happen.

Might as well sieze the moment Simon cos nobody will give two hoots about our plight soon cos coverage of Championship matches is kept to a minimum and only shown in the dead of night.

Good win today , superb reception for Givet ,We live to fight another day .

The real winners were the fans , giving abuse to Kean and Venkys (well deserved and not before time) also supporting the team ..

Don't see what a few hundred fans marching achieves , but get fans chanting Kean Out , Venkys Out gets noticed around the world .

Just a pity we couldn't get the ' one lying ba$tard ' chant going better !!!

Maybe cos there are at least half a dozen of em.

Irrelevant win. Bemused at idiotic Rovers fans on FiveLive backing Kean.

Quite obvious that they are not.

We need 6 points. Need to beat one of Spurs/Chelsea plus Wigan. 37 to stay up plus GD. We really need to beat Spurs. Bookmakers still have us 1-3 on to go down. That is anybody who bets on us to go down needs to put three pounds on the line in order to win one. Wigan 4-1 against. QPR only 13-8 against. They're more catchable than Wigan but will beat us by GD if they beat Stoke. We need Stoke to take a point v QPR away.

Why can't people just revel in a rare win for at least a day?

Most people on here have given up, much in the same way they did at the end of last season.

While it's still mathematically possible for us to stay up I will continue to believe we can escape.

Call me whatever you like but that is what I believe being a fan is all about!

Most people on here have given up, much in the same way they did at the end of last season.

I had a good day yesterday. Two excellent goals and a reasonable performance. Got home with a blinding tension headache though and had a lady next to me at the game who kept screaming - newbie I guess!

While it's still mathematically possible for us to stay up I will continue to believe we can escape.

I haven't given up but I've accepted the reality, I did months ago, but its really hitting home now I feel it is still very, very difficult to call though the odds are stacked heavily against us.

Wigan have Wolves at home for their last game. Win that and I think they are safe regardless of other results.

QPR need a win to be sure of survival along with Wigan.

Bolton with four games to play have the best chance in theory but not one offers a real chance of a victory so they have to conjure up something

Rovers? well we have to beat Wigan but to be sure we need an unlikely win at Spurs or Chelsea. I don't think QPR and Bolton will reach 37 points. If we get to 35 we might scrape it if both QPR and Bolton make a compete mess of their remaining games.

Two from three Rovers, Bolton and QPR. Who will survive - QPR on goal difference is the most likely if all three get to 35 points.

Call me whatever you like but that is what I believe being a fan is all about!

Im shelling out £40 for a tckt for the live on tv at 4pm next sunday Spur's game. Plus god knows what else in travel expenses and back home after at whatever time to be up at 5am for work. I dont really believe but i do HOPE so i guess i aint a fan then.

Does your belief stretch this far i wonder ?

Back to the game, first half I thought we were very lucky not to be 3-0 down by the time we scored. Norwich were surprisingly physical and Dann lost ever header he contested. Young Olsson didn't stop a single cross coming from their right and our midfield looked all over the place and 20 yards too far back. Our goal came from by far our most fluid attack of the game.

Second half we seemed to set up playing further up the pitch and I had a perfect view from Jack Walker Upper H block of Junior's amazing bit of foot trickery to get free and goal. After that we seemed to go back to them having 13 players on the pitch.

All the subs improved matters imo. 2 Olssons were better than 1, Modeste put himself about more than Yak did all game and Petrovic did more than Lowe had done all game. I can't help thinking if we had persevered under a proper manager with Petrovic, Formica and Simon from the start, we wouldn't be in this mess.

The We Want Venky's Out chant was by far the best protest of the season and Kean's ostentatious clapping of Givet's man of the match nauseating.

Despite the temporary good feeling after the match, I felt we were 2 excellent goals and a lot of crappy away team finishing away from another defeat.

Archived