BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v. Norwich City; 21/4/2012

m1st

"Givet was outstanding" said Kean before commenting there were 5 or 6 candidates for MotM.

Yep, definitely was ###### off... Is his delusion now spreading to posters on here?

Freidel really poor for QPR freekick :(

Rovers showed ability, character, commitment and pride today. Where has that been since wolves A! :glare:

Kean scarpered down the tunnel when Givet was heading over towards the JW stand! :angry:

Also made a point of watching the bench when Givet's MOM was announced, the whole squad applauded! speaks volumes!

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A season of disgrace won't be forgotten, 2-0 up against Norwich or not, wouldn't you agree Rev?

Not at all. But the time to let rip against the manager/owners (given nothing is going to happen before the end of the season) is when we have an vital game, and have flopped miserably, or when relegation has been confirmed.

Not in the middle of a must win game which we are winning.

Three great points although a tad fortunate to be leading at half time.

Givet was magnificent throughout as was Junior's goal.

Loved the chanting with about 20 minutes to go (Venky's out) - even some of JW joined-in !

Most nauseating moement was Kean when we scored our second brushing imaginary stuff off his shoulder - I think the smarmy b@st@rd was indicating that he was brushing off the criticism !!!

Just hope that Givet has not done his groin as he was struggling throughout and perhaps should have been subbed at 2-0.

More protests please, they alaways work !!!

Anyhow, great result and maybe, just maybe, the great escape !!!

Todays win will matter even less if Tottenham dont pull their finger out.

Three great points although a tad fortunate to be leading at half time.

Givet was magnificent throughout as was Junior's goal.

Loved the chanting with about 20 minutes to go (Venky's out) - even some of JW joined-in !

Most nauseating moement was Kean when we scored our second brushing imaginary stuff off his shoulder - I think the smarmy b@st@rd was indicating that he was brushing off the criticism !!!

Just hope that Givet has not done his groin as he was struggling throughout.

More protests please, they alaways work !!!

Anyhow, great result and maybe, just maybe, the great escape !!!

When we score he always just wags his fingers and celebrates to himself by himself in his own loopy world.

Not a patch on BFS one arm windmill

Well who ever told Kean, Givet must be played, hopefully picks the team next week, clearly knows more than Kean.

So who is this new management wizzard ? Mrs D , big bad Delhiboy, or Rahjney ? who picks players based on what they can contribute and not just on if they are part of Kean's fan club or easy for the wee tough man to boss about.

Good to see the players playing with a bit of pride today and good result , too little to late maybe

Will probably get stick for this but been impressed with Orr's attitude and contribution especially covering for Dann's terrible positioning and mistakes last few weeks, not premiership quality but could do a decent job in the championship.

Well deserved MOM for Givet, Great goal from Junior and pretty sure his game will improve leaps and bounds and become the finished article at his next club under a real manager same goes for Formica

Actually pleasantly happy for once , lets hope the happy mood continues tomorrow with Perth Glory attempting to win their first A League title in the final play off.

Much more spirited performance today from the team, can't say anyone played badly. The shame of it is that if we'd shown a similar level of commitment during the previous five games we would probably be safe by now. Still, we have to take it on a game by game basis now, and we did what we had to do today and we did it rather well I thought. Results elsewhere so far have given us an unexpected boost as well.

I've singled Dann and Pedersen out for a lot of criticism as I think they've both had dreadful seasons but Dann put in a much improved performance today and Pedersen for once was excellent. More of the same please. Also David Dunn's best game for a long time imo.

Heroic effort from Givet, he appeared to be hobbling from about the 5th minute but battled through. That's the sort of commitment we need.

Three clean sheets, three wins. No coincidence there. What wouldn't we give for clean sheets in all three or at least two of the remaining games?

Nothing can really spoil such a crucial win on the back of 5 straight defeats but the only minor irritant for me was a return to the concentrated anti/Kean Venky's chanting for the first time since the Bolton game. Yes, Kean should have gone long ago but he isn't going anywhere before the end of the season with three games to go. Yes We might be better off with different owners if someone else with deeper pockets is prepared to stump up to buy us but until then we've got to deal with the hand we're given. This was a game we needed to win to have a chance to avoid relegation, we were playing quite well and we were winning it yet the fans still start up with the chants. As I've said before I could understand it if the game were gone and we were 3 or 4 down but as it was it just comes across as moronic to me and as if those fans are disappointed were winning the game and want us to go down just so they can launch further ire at Venky's. It's no wonder really neutral observers and pundits have a field day at the expense of Rovers fans when things like that happen.

• Backroom

Will probably get stick for this but been impressed with Orr's attitude and contribution especially covering for Dann's terrible positioning and mistakes last few weeks, not premiership quality but could do a decent job in the championship.

I agree completely, he's also one of only a few that come and applaud the fans post-match. Seems like a good egg.

Was glad to see Nzonzi dropped, article in paper about fans being angry about him being dropped made me laugh though, he is central to our form when he plays, an off day and we loose badly. And of late he is all about bad form.

Givet MOM was brilliant :)

Well this is the run in.. Useful win at least it gives us an outside chance, but a very very slim one :(

Team        PTS GD
Wigan       34  -26 |              | Newcastle(h)   |          | Blackburn(a) | Wolves(h)
Qpr         31  -19 |  Spuds(h)    | Chelsea(a)     |          | Stoke (h)    | ManCity(a)
Blackburn   31  -26 |              | Spuds(a)       |          | Wigan (h)    | Chelsea(a)
Bolton      29  -29 |  Villa(a)    | Sunderland(a)  | Spurs(h) | West Brom(h) | Stoke(a)
Wolves      23  -39 |  ManC(h)     | Swansea(a)     |          | Everton(h)   | Wigan(a)

This was a match we had no excuses not to win, and while we weren't exactly flawless the team did deliver. I can't say I agree with earlier posters about Norwich dominating, the way I saw it they couldn't really be bothered that much while Rovers lacked any kind of tactical shape, which made for a poor game. No team really won the midfield, which made for all the end to end stuff.

It might be harsh to say that we missed Nzonzi after winning 2-0, but our midfield are completely toothless in defense without him.

Givet played with real fire in his belly, and his commanding presence seemed to work wonders for Dann as well. Is it too much to hope that he'll stay in the team for the rest of the season?

Despite his goal and comitted performance today, I feel Formica is wasted on the wing as he can't beat players for pace and rarely (never?) gets a cross in. Since we're hardly using the left wing anyway, how about letting him and Hoilett drift behind Yakubu and strengthen the central midfield with one more player instead?

We're still going down, but tonight I'll get to enjoy the rarity of three points won. There's some value to that as well.

This was a game we needed to win to have a chance to avoid relegation, we were playing quite well and we were winning it yet the fans still start up with the chants. As I've said before I could understand it if the game were gone and we were 3 or 4 down but as it was it just comes across as moronic to me and as if those fans are disappointed were winning the game and want us to go down just so they can launch further ire at Venky's. It's no wonder really neutral observers and pundits have a field day at the expense of Rovers fans when things like that happen.

That's a poor statement and I can't understand the mentality behind it. Do you think Venkys/Kean have done a good job? The "venkys out" was spontaneous and most of the ground joined in - I assume you didn't. That was heartfelt and from the majority of fans. It's been a shocking 18 months and following QPRs win, our win today counts for little.

If anything, it has finally got the message picked up in the media in a positive way. Read the BBC match report for their take on the fans.

Went to the post match presser, nothing of too much of interest was asked, a question was asked about the alleged bust up with Nzonzi, was answered with an explanation of why he was dropped, Kean said it was because of how much football he had played this season and his tiredness was affecting his game.

Givet was given a pain killing injection at half time due to suffering a dead leg

Great three points, but too little...........Kean is still the only manager who can change a game for the worst with his subs - we can't defend but he thinks we will all be fooled by him trying to close out a game - the calibre of some of our team is frightening - Modeste is so bad, Marcus I'm sure is a lovely chap but not Prem material, the thing is Hughsie has QPR playing, notlob have 2 games in hand, Wigan probably only need to draw with us to send us down - the ship sailed at Bolton IMO, I felt physically sick listening to Coco on Five trotting out the crap about going to Man U etc - it was the abject performances at WBH & Swansea that suddenly get forgotten that will stay in my mind. Givet was awesome today, Orr played well, even Dann had a better game, Junior's goal fantastic - fans brilliant, I think the players know the score.....they know we care, just hope they repay our loyalty by giving all in next three games....

Good win today , superb reception for Givet ,We live to fight another day .

The real winners were the fans , giving abuse to Kean and Venkys (well deserved and not before time) also supporting the team ..

Don't see what a few hundred fans marching achieves , but get fans chanting Kean Out , Venkys Out gets noticed around the world .

Just a pity we couldn't get the ' one lying ba$tard ' chant going better !!!

Has anybody just listened to 5 live? Jesus H Christ!

We have Keane phoning in (how many other managers demean themselves?) to be ‘questioned’ by Roberts and some other fawning non-entity. Essentially, Kean uses it as a platform to play yet again the victim card and trot out the excuse Rovers were unfortunate to play Bolton post-Muamba. We also have 2 Rovers fans who concede that the protests are not a good thing and we should get behind Kean. Meanwhile we have to have the love-in that has continued all season between Roberts and presenter –this time concerning Roberts achieving the only medal of his career.

Once again, Jesus H Christ. I nearly vomited on my delightful pinot noir.

• Backroom

Well after QPR winning it looks like it was for nothing but my thoughts

- the march was in good nature

- Pedersen and Givet were fantastic and Marcus Olsson, Formica, Hoilett and Orr not far behind

- petrovic did well when he came on, one brilliant piece of play that brought a great ball to Olsson, at least his halfway line shot was better than Goodwillies

- the venkys out chants were a clear show of what the majority think

Oh and what was up with Robbis kicking?

Great win giving us a theoretical chance of surviving still assuming QPR complete their win over Spuds.

Overwhelming chants against Venky's.

For theoretical read mathematical.Goal diff puts us effectively 4 points from safety so probably need an absolute minimum of 6 pts now if not 7.We could have to win at Spurs on SKY next Sunday not to get relegated live on TV!! Too little to late and whilst today we got the points we needed to stop a riot breaking out i saw nothing anywhere that indicated we would scrap some points away at Spurs /Chelsea. Just not good enough players quite frankly.

I think the last home game will be not only emotional but there will also be serious anger as a substantial number of fans visit Ewood for the last time in a very long time.

So chaps another week of rhetoric from Coco about not fearing Spurs and ''if we can win at Old Trafford and draw at Anfield blaahdy blaaahdy blah !! Not if we get dicked 7 at Arsenal, Spurs could easily get 12 and if West Brom and Swansea can score 3 then Spurs will get at least 6.''

Still unity is the key and we will prepare properly as we always do( FFS!!!) and get ourselves into 15th place!

All very very nauseating

Archived