BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v. Norwich City; 21/4/2012

m1st

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't care what anyone thinks because I won't reply anyway, but this has just prolonged the death of this club. We won't survive and most of you know that. Have a good night!!

And worst of all, the return of braddock.

I don't care what anyone thinks because I won't reply anyway, but this has just prolonged the death of this club. We won't survive and most of you know that. Have a good night!!

Agree unfortunately........welcome victory but it feels like a stay of execution.

Do you want a medal for that comment. Or is this just a ploy so that you get replys

For exactly 20sec ago a pundit explained on swedish TV why Kean and Venky´s are hated/unliked and will be even if we stay up.

He even said he has understanding why they are hated/unliked.

Hats of to Mr. Niva! :rover:

For exactly 20sec ago a pundit explained on swedish TV why Kean and Venky´s are hated/unliked and will be even if we stay up.

Can you send him over here so that he can explain to our idiotic press

I didn't hear him today, but he said similar things several times in the past. He really does seem to get it. Just a shame that the same isn't true for the big name pundits in the UK.

MotM Givet.

Kean did'nt seem happy about it at all tbh, he commented on the interview for the BBC that he did'nt know who gave out the MOTM award because all the team could have won it.

Whoever calls out the MOTM award will be probably be in the job centre on monday because I think he may well have chose Givet but been told to pick someone else.

Kean did'nt seem happy about it at all tbh, he commented on the interview for the BBC that he did'nt know who gave out the MOTM award because all the team could have won it.

Whoever calls out the MOTM award will be probably be in the job centre on monday because I think he may well have chose Givet but been told to pick someone else.

Isn't that the sponcers MOTM?

Much more spirited performance today from the team, can't say anyone played badly. The shame of it is that if we'd shown a similar level of commitment during the previous five games we would probably be safe by now. Still, we have to take it on a game by game basis now, and we did what we had to do today and we did it rather well I thought. Results elsewhere so far have given us an unexpected boost as well.

I've singled Dann and Pedersen out for a lot of criticism as I think they've both had dreadful seasons but Dann put in a much improved performance today and Pedersen for once was excellent. More of the same please. Also David Dunn's best game for a long time imo.

Heroic effort from Givet, he appeared to be hobbling from about the 5th minute but battled through. That's the sort of commitment we need.

Three clean sheets, three wins. No coincidence there. What wouldn't we give for clean sheets in all three or at least two of the remaining games?

Nothing can really spoil such a crucial win on the back of 5 straight defeats but the only minor irritant for me was a return to the concentrated anti/Kean Venky's chanting for the first time since the Bolton game. Yes, Kean should have gone long ago but he isn't going anywhere before the end of the season with three games to go. Yes We might be better off with different owners if someone else with deeper pockets is prepared to stump up to buy us but until then we've got to deal with the hand we're given. This was a game we needed to win to have a chance to avoid relegation, we were playing quite well and we were winning it yet the fans still start up with the chants. As I've said before I could understand it if the game were gone and we were 3 or 4 down but as it was it just comes across as moronic to me and as if those fans are disappointed were winning the game and want us to go down just so they can launch further ire at Venky's. It's no wonder really neutral observers and pundits have a field day at the expense of Rovers fans when things like that happen.

We always run the gidl of the season competition 2 weeks to early - super strike by Hoilett.

Also, Givet was fantastic at the heart of the defence and GE and Dann looked solid.

Norwich are a dirty bunch though - surprised me given the plaudits.

Damn you QPR.

Yeah he must be really upset about it given he pointedly applauded Givet when the MOTM award was announced and that from what you said he apparently praised the entire team for their collective attitude (therefore the award of a MOTM would have been a difficult one) afterwards.

There's more than enough to criticise Kean for in terms of his record but silly comments like that don't help anyone.

Nothing can really spoil such a crucial win on the back of 5 straight defeats but the only minor irritant for me was a return to the concentrated anti/Kean Venky's chanting for the first time since the Bolton game. Yes, Kean should have gone long ago but he isn't going anywhere before the end of the season with three games to go. Yes We might be better off with different owners if someone else with deeper pockets is prepared to stump up to buy us but until then we've got to deal with the hand we're given. This was a game we needed to win to have a chance to avoid relegation, we were playing quite well and we were winning it yet the fans still start up with the chants. As I've said before I could understand it if the game were gone and we were 3 or 4 down but as it was it just comes across as moronic to me and as if those fans are disappointed were winning the game and want us to go down just so they can launch further ire at Venky's. It's no wonder really neutral observers and pundits have a field day at the expense of Rovers fans when things like that happen.

You know nothing, Jon Snow.

good result today and a decent 2nd half performance but it seems like it is all in vain. kean on ssn said givet was well worthy of mom so he says 1 thing to the bbc and another to ssn. bolton have too many games left for us to stay above them and qpr and wigan look more likely than us to pick up points

"Givet was outstanding" said Kean before commenting there were 5 or 6 candidates for MotM.

Yep, definitely was ###### off... Is his delusion now spreading to posters on here?

Yeah he must be really upset about it given he pointedly applauded Givet when the MOTM award was announced and that from what you said he apparently praised the entire team for their collective attitude (therefore the award of a MOTM would have been a difficult one) afterwards.

There's more than enough to criticise Kean for in terms of his record but silly comments like that don't help anyone.

I was simply pointing out what I saw, there was no malice. He genuinly seemed disgruntled that Givet got the MOTM award and to say he does'nt know picks it seems very stupid, surely it would have been better to say there were many candidates for MOTM rather than questioning it.

I was bloody proud hearing our fans sing loud and proud, and it wasn't a 'minority of idiots' either but male, female, young, old.

A season of disgrace won't be forgotten, 2-0 up against Norwich or not, wouldn't you agree Rev?

Archived