BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Nzonzi off?

The Prof.

Are all those who are prepared to give N'Zonzi the benefit of the doubt forgetting about the 6 months that he was unavailable to play for Sam's first team due to 'non-footballing' reasons?

But generally yes, Kean has a shocking record at man management.

Never did suss that. He'd excelled the season before went on holiday in the close season and came back to a firestorm and a mysterious exclusion from the playing squad. I guessed at the time that he'd partied all summer come back to training and failed a routine 'medical' test but a guess is all it is.

Could be back in the squad.

http://www.lancashir...nsists_manager/

Well it must be true if Kean said that Den.

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me neither.

There is an old saying amongst football managers 'Get rid of poor players before they get rid of you'. Unfortunately the diametrically opposite scenario is being played out at Ewood Park. We have a group of players who stood up to Kean and have been disposed of who under most decent managers would have been kept on board and would have surely been good enough to have seen us to safety last year. Suffice to say most are still playing at top level. The number of 'poor' and 'past it's' on the books will have no intention of standing against him cos we will be paying them at a level they would not get elsewhere. They almost as much as Kean are the reason that I won't go to Ewood. There is a stench of corruption all around the place.

Does your seat face the pitch Pedro?

He'll never be a Berkovic or Tugay but mark my words a good manager could turn him into a formidable midfield partner for such.

Yes it does...do you even attend?

:D

It's amazing how many of our decent players turn to crap when they want out of the club.

Do a search on my comments of him - never rated him since his 1st season.

It's the same churlish emotions that turn sweet little wives into complete bitches after a divorce.

I've noticed this same reaction in regards to the many scorned women on here...not being able to see any change and positives in anything.

Yes it does...do you even attend?

How is that relevent? What does that matter when he hasn't been selected? Note that I have made no comment on the players that I haven't seen e.g. Richards, Etuhu, Ribeiro, Best or the raft of Portugese Carloskickaballs.

It's very relevant Gordon seeing as you imply that my seat can't be facing the correct way. I don't see him in highlights, I can see him when he's not in shot and I can see what he is and isn't doing. He is a petulant and lazy player who was dropped for selection even by Big Sam - who we can both agree deserves the title of "manager" compared to the one who fills the role now. Que's of top flight teams haven't come in for this average joe, the fact that Norwich seem to be at the front of the line goes to show that he isn't as good as he believes.

...In addition, you would have been impressed with Etuhu - worked his socks off and put in a shed load of well timed tackles.

Me neither.

There is an old saying amongst football managers 'Get rid of poor players before they get rid of you'. Unfortunately the diametrically opposite scenario is being played out at Ewood Park. We have a group of players who stood up to Kean and have been disposed of who under most decent managers would have been kept on board and would have surely been good enough to have seen us to safety last year. Suffice to say most are still playing at top level. The number of 'poor' and 'past it's' on the books will have no intention of standing against him cos we will be paying them at a level they would not get elsewhere. They almost as much as Kean are the reason that I won't go to Ewood. There is a stench of corruption all around the place.

Strange how you condone Nzonzi for basically going on strike and refusing to play for us Gordon, yet you are apoplectic with rage about CKR who picked up a needless yellow card for his over exuberant goal celebration.

I'm sure it would have nothing to do with the fact one was signed by Sam and one by Kean! :P

Anyhow, re: Nzonzi on the evidence of Wednesday night, Etuhu is a far better player.

He can't be that good otherwise he would be be gone by now!

No offence but that's awful reasoning. Jordan Rhodes must be crap or we'd have signed him by now? There are SO SO many factors involved in a transfer that it's absolutely futile to assume that they're crap if they haven't moved to a better team yet.

No offence but that's awful reasoning. Jordan Rhodes must be crap or we'd have signed him by now? There are SO SO many factors involved in a transfer that it's absolutely futile to assume that they're crap if they haven't moved to a better team yet.

Maybe so but teams have actually bid for Rhodes and nobody has bid for N'Zonzi yet?

And in this case, the player wants to leave, the club are willing to let him go and still no ones come in for him.

The Rhodes example is totally different. The player hasn't asked to leave and the club don't want to sell. They have rejected bids.

And in this case, the player wants to leave, the club are willing to let him go and still no ones come in for him.

The Rhodes example is totally different. The player hasn't asked to leave and the club don't want to sell. They have rejected bids.

See that bit where I said there are so many factors involved in a transfer? They're different in almost every case, so we could debate the details of any examples all day. However, firstly, Rhodes is meant to be so good that Prem teams should be interested (at an 8 million valuation, that's the logical conclusion), but nobody has paid the asking price. He hasn't requested a move, but there are very strong rumours that even the package at Rovers would interest him. Prem teams know they'd have no trouble paying him. The only core reason Rhodes hasn't moved is because nobody has matched the club's valuation of him.

That's exactly why Nzonzi hasn't moved either. We have put a 10 million price tag on a defensive/central midfielder who isn't usually the eye-catching type (loads of long distance goals, mazy dribbles etc), playing for a relegated team and kicking off a bit. He's made a transfer request and we STILL want 10 million. I think that would be a record for up front cash coming from this league? It's hardly surprising nobody is trying to match it. If we were asking 5 million he'd be gone by now.

Fair point Davul, I temporarily forgot that. Nonetheless, not all clubs are looking for loan deals, plenty want more permanent solutions, given things like how long it can take a player to bed in. Any option to buy we would offer would also be prohibitively high. But if I recall, there was supposed to be a bit of interest in signing him on loan. Could be any number of reasons that hasn't worked out. Loan fee could be high, or the player might be wanting a permanent exit too. Same way how, for me, we could have just been loaning Fielding and/or Bunn out again rather than selling them. I'm guessing they both want something more permanent.

Spot on. He can do the basics very well and he's a real athlete. A good manager can take that a long way...

I thought we had a "good manager" in Big Sam...alas, he dropped him after the first season for not having the right attitude.

I thought we had a "good manager" in Big Sam...alas, he dropped him after the first season for not having the right attitude.

I remember he dropped him at the start of his second season with us.

What I can't remember exactly is how long he was dropped. I certainly am under the impression he was playing bfeore Allardyce was sacked.

Anyhow, re: Nzonzi on the evidence of Wednesday night, Etuhu is a far better player.

In today Sunday People say Everton, Fulham and Norwich are looking to sign Nzozni on loan. Article written by Alan Oliver

Glad you thinks so Simon. If that report is kosher then Moyes, Jol and Houghton obviously disagree with you.... still what do they know about football eh? If they were so clever they'd have signed Etuhu wouldn't they? ^_^

Nzonzi is younger though....more potential, sell on value etc........Nzonzi is the better player but Etuhu is more useful for us atm as he gets stuck in more and we now have Murphy for the ball retention that Nzonzi provided.......in another team next to another CM who also gets stuck in, say Newcastle with Cabaye, Nzonzi would look a lot better.

Nzonzi = a french steve sidwell living off a good season.

IMO we have never replaced a fit steven reid who was a proper all round midfielder! before injury, when spurs looked athim.

Funny you say that, when Reid only had one good season.

Archived