BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] "FAO: those not renewing their season tickets"

Which are majors factors you not renewing - NOTE: It's possible to select multiple answers  

306 members have voted

1. 1. Which are majors factors you not renewing

• The current owners and their actions so far
    • The current manager and his results
    • The current manager and his handling of fans / media
    • The club's general handling of the fans / media
    • The likelihood we'll be playing in the Championship
    • The worsening atmosphere/tension at Ewood
    • Other factors the club could have prevent (please specify)
    • Other factors the club couldn't have prevented (moving, lost job, price etc)
    • I either didn't have a season ticket to renew or are renewing ... I just like taking part in polls

To be frank you're not making much of a point here. One reason for renewing, and for me a very significant one, is I would not deny my son his pleasure in order to fulfill any wish I may or may not have to use the STs as a protest tool against the Raos.

When we play Burnley I hope you and all the other non-renewers continue to be true to their beliefs and do not attend either of those games. I await the outcome with interest. I wonder how many strawmen will be built that week?

Paul, I understand your reasons.

We both know, however, that ANY choice in this matter is political in some way.

The days of just buying a ST and supporting your team at Ewood Park are long gone.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It appears not renewing entitles you to a badge of honour.

Why don't the non renewers form picket lines and hurl insults at supporters entering the ground next season.

You mean like many "superfans" did toward the protesters earlier this year?

They really did their bit towards Venky's Rovers, didn't they?

There is no moral high ground in this debate, nick.

Deadline day came, deadline day went without me renewing.

I think the pr offensive has been obnoxious to be honest with the phone calls, emails and flyers through the door.

Sack Kean then get Dunny to ring me again and we'll talk

I'm beginning to sound like I'm pro the Raos here! Has it actually been any different? We got renewal forms as expected, Dunny phoned - been done before, was it Sparky? and I got a flyer in my name which has happened before. I didn't get any emails or texts as I've finally managed to unsubscribe - took months to achieve!!!

You mean like many "superfans" did toward the protesters earlier this year?

They really did their bit towards Venky's Rovers, didn't they?

There is no moral high ground in this debate, nick.

All I can say is we have come to a very sad place, never thought the day would come when by renewing you became a "scab".

Has anyone thought that by renewing, what little support we do have is keeping the club alive. If everyone leaves on mass where would it leave the club ?

Would Venkys fold us this summer ?

What happens then ?

We should be standing together renew or not renew we all love our Rovers.

I have noticed that no big hitters from the protests or BRIST has stated their position on renewals, or have I missed it?

I think you make a very good point RE the bumley games next season, I've already decided to break my excile and attend the Wigan game, will I have the mental strength to resist the bumley games, probably not, but I make no apologies for that.

I know you'll be at the Wigan game as will Debs, Ozz and Mike. I was really pleased to hear this on Saturday because of what it says.

As regards the Burnley game my thoughts are general on this. Initially I took a lot of flack for my anti-Raos views - negative being the general polite description - and once again I'm going against the flow. I would say to anyone who criticises renewers, and I know the difference between those who criticise and those who understand, you cannot and must not attend ANY match at Ewood. The Burnley league game, by some miracle a game to gain promotion or any other unexpected important game.

I don't mind if non-renewers go but please remember by doing so you will immediately lose the moral high ground if you chose to criticise those like me now. Your protest is "we won't set foot in the ground till Venky's and Kean are gone" - it's easy to say now. I can think of plenty of situations which will make it difficult!

As I won't deny Tom his pleasure my decision is simpler and I don't have to face the quandry others do. When I think seriously about it I would still go on my own. Like everyone I've seen the success and failure of the last 30 year and more. Despite our current situation I want to continue that.

No doubt I will still go to lots of games though..

By coincidence I've just posted in relation to this. Can you explain, as I want to understand, how not renewing is a protest and renewing is supporting the Raos while at the same time you still plan to go to games?

I'n not criticising you but I don't see any difference between me and any other fan who watches Rovers next season.

It is all so very sad.

I had my grandad (regular since the War) saying it was the only time in his life he had doubts.

My dad, who has been to almost every game this season home, away, youth cup saying this will probably be his last.

I am sure you all know similar stories, PROPER, fervent fans on the verge of walking away.

We've all known tough times, mis-management, relegations but this feels different and we are on the verge of losing the majority of our fanbase, and as we know once out the habit, they are bloody hard to entice back.

I'm devestated and for those taking the moral high ground from miles away, let me tell you it is a horrendous decision to have to make after 20, 30, 40, 50 years.

I'm beginning to sound like I'm pro the Raos here! Has it actually been any different? We got renewal forms as expected, Dunny phoned - been done before, was it Sparky? and I got a flyer in my name which has happened before. I didn't get any emails or texts as I've finally managed to unsubscribe - took months to achieve!!!

Don't forget the talking bus stops!!!

I fully understand why good fans are not renewing, but I also wonder if the current situation isn't an excuse for some fans to watch championship football.

I think being in the ground chanting against the owners is the best way of demonstrating opposition to Venkys. Just staying away is second best, by a large way.

All I can say is we have come to a very sad place, never thought the day would come when by renewing you became a "scab".

Has anyone thought that by renewing, what little support we do have is keeping the club alive. If everyone leaves on mass where would it leave the club ?

Would Venkys fold us this summer ?

What happens then ?

We should be standing together renew or not renew we all love our Rovers.

I have noticed that no big hitters from the protests or BRIST has stated their position on renewals, or have I missed it?

Desperate times, Nick. I'm sure you must agree with that, at least.

100% agree ....

We all just want our club back, we just have different ways of trying to get there.

Pune flattened to the ground would suit me.

Well, that seems harsh, I'm sure there's lots of nice people there.

The annihilation of the Raos would be pretty funny, though.

Pune flattened to the ground would suit me.

Well, that seems harsh, I'm sure there's lots of nice people there.

The annihilation of the Raos would be pretty funny, though.

I'd settle for them just walking away and never darkening our door step again. Oh and take their criminal of a so called manager with them !!

The corpse is nearly stripped, won't be long in happening now.

I fully understand why good fans are not renewing, but I also wonder if the current situation isn't an excuse for some fans to watch championship football.

I think being in the ground chanting against the owners is the best way of demonstrating opposition to Venkys. Just staying away is second best, by a large way.

The position would be exactly the same for most of the non renewals even if Rovers stayed-up.

It's simple, so many feel alienated from the club and this wont change until the clowns, Venky's & Kean, have left the circus.

just rang up the ticket office and the woman said the new prices arent out yet but she would renew me over the phone at the early bird prices!!!! haha, they are going to keep them the same I think due to the lack of numbers renewing

I just rang and they said as the latest prices hadn't been released yet they could do the tickets at the same price as the Early Bird Deal............ No thanks

Ooops..seems as though few of us done it :). They will be reporting a great surge of interest!!

I know you'll be at the Wigan game as will Debs, Ozz and Mike. I was really pleased to hear this on Saturday because of what it says.

As regards the Burnley game my thoughts are general on this. Initially I took a lot of flack for my anti-Raos views - negative being the general polite description - and once again I'm going against the flow. I would say to anyone who criticises renewers, and I know the difference between those who criticise and those who understand, you cannot and must not attend ANY match at Ewood. The Burnley league game, by some miracle a game to gain promotion or any other unexpected important game.

I don't mind if non-renewers go but please remember by doing so you will immediately lose the moral high ground if you chose to criticise those like me now. Your protest is "we won't set foot in the ground till Venky's and Kean are gone" - it's easy to say now. I can think of plenty of situations which will make it difficult!

As I won't deny Tom his pleasure my decision is simpler and I don't have to face the quandry others do. When I think seriously about it I would still go on my own. Like everyone I've seen the success and failure of the last 30 year and more. Despite our current situation I want to continue that.

I must say that I think posters on this thread have in the main been very understanding both for and against buying season tickets. Each person has his/her own reasons and we should all respect that in my book.

It's not a matter of taking the moral high ground Paul, it's just a feeling that I personally wont support the way the club is being run. If they change their ways - and the first, most obvious thing they can do is so very obvious, - then I'll gladly back them. I wont back the continued employment of Kean and the refusal to put proper people in charge. In other words, if they carry on as they are then the club wont exist* in a year or two and I'm having none of it. I'll sit back for the time being and see which way we're going.

*You've said that yourself on a number of occassions recently.

It's not a matter of taking the moral high ground Paul, it's just a feeling that I personally wont support the way the club is being run. If they change their ways - and the first, most obvious thing they can do is so very obvious, - then I'll gladly back them. I wont back the continued employment of Kean and the refusal to put proper people in charge. In other words, if they carry on as they are then the club wont exist* in a year or two and I'm having none of it. I'll sit back for the time being and see which way we're going.

*You've said that yourself on a number of occassions recently.

I must say that I think posters on this thread have in the main been very understanding both for and against buying season tickets. Each person has his/her own reasons and we should all respect that in my book.

I agree with both of you and I would not argue either are taking the moral high ground. I know and understand why you will not be going. There are though some who chose not to understand others views or feeling on this and they I suggest do attempt to take the moral highground.

The one thing I can't agree with would be picking and choosing games. If one doesn't buy a season ticket for any of the reasons given, especially the arguement to do so is implicitly supporting the current regime, then to attend any game where money flows to the club is exactly the same as my buying an ST? I think one either goes or doesn't, which I realise is a bit black and white but that's how I see it. I won't criticise those who do this, unless the person has criticised my decision, but I don't follow the logic.

As a Renewer and a BRSIT 'pledger', I asked BRSIT last week for an early and firm statement on Renewing your Season-Ticket for the long-term health of OUR Club. I know they are trying to be sensitive about performance issues and readying themselves for a Pune 'walk-away', but I will continue to lobby them on this.

Let me see..... It's a really tough decision I have to make ....

1. Should I buy a ST knowing that my money will go to the Lunes in Pune? Might even allow the fat bstard to buy some vulgar new car for his stable.

2. Should I buy a ST knowing that my money will go toward paying off the remaining contracts of our 30k pw fat cats? With any left paying half that for the saleries next season of average journeymen who can't trap a wet sandbag?

3. Should I buy a ST knowing that in some way shape or form Dastardly and Muttley will still be skimming in and out transfer fees and wages and sticking my money in some Swiss bank account for all they are worth?

4. Should I buy a ST in the almost certain knowledge that I will be sat in a half empty draughty stadium watching a third successive relegation battle?

Or should I just say nah.... (Please don't use that word again) it, and (Please don't use that word again) them.

Hey.... When I see it written it down it does get a whole lot clearer.

Archived