BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] "FAO: those not renewing their season tickets"

Which are majors factors you not renewing - NOTE: It's possible to select multiple answers  

306 members have voted

1. 1. Which are majors factors you not renewing

• The current owners and their actions so far
    • The current manager and his results
    • The current manager and his handling of fans / media
    • The club's general handling of the fans / media
    • The likelihood we'll be playing in the Championship
    • The worsening atmosphere/tension at Ewood
    • Other factors the club could have prevent (please specify)
    • Other factors the club couldn't have prevented (moving, lost job, price etc)
    • I either didn't have a season ticket to renew or are renewing ... I just like taking part in polls

Exactly same when rang up, could tell me price for ticket but not how many games it was for. Was told it would " probably" be more, told then I dont really trust club at moment on things like this and asked them to feed that back.

it is poor asking for money but not saying what you get for it.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My heart saddens and my attitude hardens against the club that many of us have followed for so long.

The alleged attack on Kean reported in the Daily Star and dismissed by Cryer, just confirms, IMO, that the club is absolutely rotten to its core and does not deserve any sympathy or support.

Not renewing my tickets, in a way, was sadly, a very easy decision to arrive at.

Venky's, Anderson, Kean, Agnew and Newsham are, IMO, simply beyond contempt.

Venky's, Anderson, Kean, Agnew and Newsham are, IMO, simply beyond contempt.

You know what mercer, after the dust settles and Kean is given the boot, we all must remember the parts played by Agnew and Newsham in all of this, especially PNE Agnew, and make sure they're run out of the club also.

You know what mercer, after the dust settles and Kean is given the boot, we all must remember the parts played by Agnew and Newsham in all of this, especially PNE Agnew, and make sure they're run out of the club also.

Can we add the very suspiciously silent Burnley Bob to that list?

Think you need to hang fire on Newsham Gav as he has a job to do wether we like it or not.

A friend of mine also said that his mates bought the 16 games in the darwen end and when they rang up to ask what happens if we go down about the number of games they get then they were told they didn't know and will have to get back to them. They rang back after a few days and said they still don't know and will let them know as soon as they know.

I think the Hunts will be under strict instructions not to publically admit to considering relegation as even a possibility. Wouldn't be surprised if the mere mention of the 'R' word was a sacking offence.

As TBTF highlighted on another thread, the whole club is in a state of denial. They refuse to accept the truth - and that includes the strong probability that we are going to be relegated.

Therefore they will not release details of any contingency plans they may have made for a season with 23 home games in the Championship.

Of course, it could be as simple as that they really haven't considered relegation a possibility !

Can we add the very suspiciously silent Burnley Bob to that list?

Don't say that perth, you'll upset brfcs number 1 poster :rock:

Think you need to hang fire on Newsham Gav as he has a job to do wether we like it or not.

We've bigger fish to fry granted, but here's a man who threatened me with arrest if I took picture inside Gençlerbirliği ground after travelling all that way to watch the UEFA cup game, bleedin jobsworth JAL.

I think the Hunts will be under strict instructions not to publically admit to considering relegation as even a possibility. Wouldn't be surprised if the mere mention of the 'R' word was a sacking offence.

As TBTF highlighted on another thread, the whole club is in a state of denial. They refuse to accept the truth - and that includes the strong probability that we are going to be relegated.

Therefore they will not release details of any contingency plans they may have made for a season with 23 home games in the Championship.

Of course, it could be as simple as that they really haven't considered relegation a possibility !

This nonsense gets worse by the day. Why should the club announce their plans before we know what league we will be playing in next season? Damned if you do and damned if you don't. Of course there are plans for either scenario.

This nonsense gets worse by the day. Why should the club announce their plans before we know what league we will be playing in next season? Damned if you do and damned if you don't. Of course there are plans for either scenario.

But in LT today Paul Hunt pleased with take up on early bird tickets.Obviously just the 18000 (or to put it another way 1% !!) on here who aren't renewing and the famous 99% ''who are with us'' quite clearly have. So that makes the total number of tickets renewed to be .........????????

But in LT today Paul Hunt pleased with take up on early bird tickets.Obviously just the 18000 (or to put it another way 1% !!) on here who aren't renewing and the famous 99% ''who are with us'' quite clearly have. So that makes the total number of tickets renewed to be .........????????

I really don't care how many have been sold. Ours are renewed, that's good enough for me. And I don't see why those who are turning their backs on the club should care, either. You can't have it all ways.

I really don't care how many have been sold. Ours are renewed, that's good enough for me. And I don't see why those who are turning their backs on the club should care, either. You can't have it all ways.

Well I care.

It will be heartbreaking to see a two thirds empty ground and all the work done to improve crowds thrown down the toilet.

I know fans who have followed the club for 30/40/50 years who are saying 'this is not the club I've known, I'll be back when they feck off', Venky's are to blame for this, not fans 'turning their back'- a riduculous turn of phrase.

I'm not turning my back on the club just Kean and Venkies. I'll be waiting for that glorious day when they're yesterdays chip paper, have no doubt it will arrive.

Thats a shocking turn of phrase Mum and you damn well know it.

BRFC is currently not a fan friendly club, there is an inadequate manager lacking seriously on football experience and common sense who is employed by the biggest set of clueless clowns since charlie corolli and is being backed by a so called senior management team who appear not to have the foggiest on ow to run a club.

All of which has systematically destroyed the foundations put in place over a 20 year period. In 18 months Kean has taken the soul from the club and ripped its heart out. The belief of the fans has been ignored and we have been treated as lepers and with contempt usally reserved for the scum of the earth.

I have been going over 41 yrs and I will not hand any money over until there is a change. That doesnt mean I am turning my back on BRFC I am making my protest known. I email Mr Hunt at least once a week and he regularly fails to have the decency to respond. Previously all emails were always replied to by the then regime. BRFC has always been a fan friendly homley club, it isnt anymore.

BRFC used to be a club to be proud of currently its an acute embarrassment and its all down to one man.

I wont slag any fan off who has renewed but at the same time we are all entitled to opinions.

I bet Jack is spinning in his grave and it wouldnt surprise me if the cluless muppets sold the statue for scrap as they take every last penny out of this club.

Thats a shocking turn of phrase Mum and you damn well know it.

BRFC is currently not a fan friendly club, there is an inadequate manager lacking seriously on football experience and common sense who is employed by the biggest set of clueless clowns since charlie corolli and is being backed by a so called senior management team who appear not to have the foggiest on ow to run a club.

All of which has systematically destroyed the foundations put in place over a 20 year period. In 18 months Kean has taken the soul from the club and ripped its heart out. The belief of the fans has been ignored and we have been treated as lepers and with contempt usally reserved for the scum of the earth.

I have been going over 41 yrs and I will not hand any money over until there is a change. That doesnt mean I am turning my back on BRFC I am making my protest known. I email Mr Hunt at least once a week and he regularly fails to have the decency to respond. Previously all emails were always replied to by the then regime. BRFC has always been a fan friendly homley club, it isnt anymore.

BRFC used to be a club to be proud of currently its an acute embarrassment and its all down to one man.

I wont slag any fan off who has renewed but at the same time we are all entitled to opinions.

I bet Jack is spinning in his grave and it wouldnt surprise me if the cluless muppets sold the statue for scrap as they take every last penny out of this club.

sorry but I can't let the slur on the great charlie Corolli go without saying he was certainly not clueless, but a very clever clown. saw him live a few times and loved him as a kid. And honestly carol I'm shocked at your criticism of those who have decided not renewing their season tickets is the only way to get their protest and disgust at what is happening to our club noticed. these are not people who have only followed Rovers in the premier League. They are people for whom going to Rovers home and away has been a way of life, part of the fabric of everything they do. Of course they care - they care very deeply. they just no longer feel that their caring, their support, their concerns matter, and since all other means of protest have failed to get through to our owners, they are feeling pushed to another form of protest, many of them with very heavy hearts indeed. Some may yet renew, even while Kean remains in charge, because supporting Rovers at Ewood is so much part of what they do that they can't keep away. However, we have never before been forced into putting our money in upfront at this point of a season, with the club unable or unwilling to spell out the cost of not renewing yet, and so many are preferring to wait and see. They can spend money now that will otherwise end up in Venkys coffers, and make a decision based on events later.

sorry but I can't let the slur on the great charlie Corolli go without saying he was certainly not clueless, but a very clever clown. saw him live a few times and loved him as a kid. And honestly carol I'm shocked at your criticism of those who have decided not renewing their season tickets is the only way to get their protest and disgust at what is happening to our club noticed. these are not people who have only followed Rovers in the premier League. They are people for whom going to Rovers home and away has been a way of life, part of the fabric of everything they do. Of course they care - they care very deeply. they just no longer feel that their caring, their support, their concerns matter, and since all other means of protest have failed to get through to our owners, they are feeling pushed to another form of protest, many of them with very heavy hearts indeed. Some may yet renew, even while Kean remains in charge, because supporting Rovers at Ewood is so much part of what they do that they can't keep away. However, we have never before been forced into putting our money in upfront at this point of a season, with the club unable or unwilling to spell out the cost of not renewing yet, and so many are preferring to wait and see. They can spend money now that will otherwise end up in Venkys coffers, and make a decision based on events later.

Well said gumboots

+1

I haven't turned my back on the club.

I just haven't taken advantage of their Early Bird Discount.

The Ticket Office told me that information will be announced regarding the 'claim your seat deadline'. Then hopefully you'll at least know exactly what you're getting for your money. I am a long standing STH but I didn't like the fact that the club announced this discount long before the end of the season. I think it shows a lack of respect for the fans (i.e. that fans will renew no matter what because of their love for the club).

Yet another thing they have got wrong in my view.

Still divide and rule eh!

I am glad they have plans in place. Lets hope they are better than the plans they promised were in place at the end of last season to ensure we were never involved in a relegation battle again.

Of course there are plans for either scenario.

I spoke with a senior rovers figure after the Norwich match... It was said that Venkys do not have a plan B - everything is centred around EPL survival.

A) Why should the club announce their plans before we know what league we will be playing in next season? Damned if you do and damned if you don't...

B)Of course there are plans for either scenario...

C) I really don't care how many have been sold. Ours are renewed, that's good enough for me. And I don't see why those who are turning their backs on the club should care, either. You can't have it all ways.

A) Just a pause for thought and a poor analogy but we're all tired, so please bear with me, RM... if Tesco/Asda/Sainsburys/Lidl wherever we shop told us that we had to buy all our frozen products that we'd be needing for the next few months before a certain date, or the prices would go up but they wouldn't specify by how much, would that really be fair to the customers?

B)If you are aware of plans, we'd very much appreciate you sharing them. I know FF members don't like to break ranks before the official release of the minutes but these are the most desperate times, that could forgive desperate measures, couldn't they?

C) I know that you don't claim to represent anyone other than yourself, RM, but we'd really appreciate it if you could care, since you seem to have the ear(s?) of people that the majority of Rovers fans don't.

Sorry Mum, but what a load of insulting sh!t you have spouted with these comments.

Must say I'm beginning to move towards this view in relation to quite a number of opinions on here. I can't agree with RM's following post but there is truth I the one I've quoted.

I'm as against the current regime as the next fan but the fuss about the ST schedule (not sales) or planning for relegation is simply grasping at every stick available to beat the management and owners.

I can't recall exactly, because I've never had previous need to take note, but all that is different this year is the offer came early, Bolton by the way are running the same offer and don't know their fate either. What is missing is the nice brochure (cost cutting) we used to get, the schedule for claim your seat and new or further renewals. Difficult to announce this until we know which league we are in - I am fairly certain this has been the case in the past when relegation reared its head but no one made an issue of it then.

BTW in the past I've criticised the club's ST selling without gaining a round of applause. The same points I've previously criticised exist today.

The plans for either scenario are in place. I know what the plans are and so do the rest of you.

When the Raos arrived the flock turned as one, well bar about a dozen, and praised the cash we appeared to have. Even advised on how to spend it, promote the club, develop the Asia market, sell millions of shirts in India right down to building a multi-storey car park and charging the soft southern idiots £10 a go to park. It was all nonsense on day one, just as it is now but back then the majority believed, or wanted to believe, the Raos had money so everything was hunky dory.

Now everyone turns again as one just in a different direction. Some of the stuff on here is getting daft, really really daft.

Archived