BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] "FAO: those not renewing their season tickets"

Which are majors factors you not renewing - NOTE: It's possible to select multiple answers  

306 members have voted

1. 1. Which are majors factors you not renewing

• The current owners and their actions so far
    • The current manager and his results
    • The current manager and his handling of fans / media
    • The club's general handling of the fans / media
    • The likelihood we'll be playing in the Championship
    • The worsening atmosphere/tension at Ewood
    • Other factors the club could have prevent (please specify)
    • Other factors the club couldn't have prevented (moving, lost job, price etc)
    • I either didn't have a season ticket to renew or are renewing ... I just like taking part in polls

I have renewed as I have been taking my 10 year old son since he was 6 and I want him to carry on the cycle of taking his kids when he has some like my dad did with me. I dont care if the ground is half full, I am there just to support the team. I despise the owners and manager but surely in the coming seasons they will be gone, then I may start buying beer and food again in the ground

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a Renewer and a BRSIT 'pledger', I asked BRSIT last week for an early and firm statement on Renewing your Season-Ticket for the long-term health of OUR Club. I know they are trying to be sensitive about performance issues and readying themselves for a Pune 'walk-away', but I will continue to lobby them on this.

Keep asking that question myself, their lack of comment does make me wonder their agenda.

• Backroom

I'm beginning to sound like I'm pro the Raos here! Has it actually been any different? We got renewal forms as expected, Dunny phoned - been done before, was it Sparky? and I got a flyer in my name which has happened before. I didn't get any emails or texts as I've finally managed to unsubscribe - took months to achieve!!!

Paul

I'm not saying its to do with the owners but I just find it all a bit much, the stuff over Christmas especially was annoying

Also I'm not trying to take the moral high ground by not renewing I just don't feel like doing so yet

Interesting debate and topic.

However, I keep reading about the moral high ground! Where is this place and what does this mean in relation to fans renewing a season ticket?

Those of us who never wanted Venky's, argued against the sacking of SA, argued against the appointment of Kean, argued Kean should be sacked after Wigan away, Blackpool at home, Newcastle at home, argued against keeping Kean for 18 sad and sorry months....but who were then subsequently ridiculed and called silly names like Samtards, labelled overly negative, poor supporters and even racists!! are now being called traitors for renewing by many of those who supported this regime originally. WTF. Suggest some people get a grip.

What about all those, including me, who renewed this season with a heavy heart? Traitors, financing the Venky's retirement package? It was not rocket science, many of us had the Venky's and Kean figured out very early, many of us predicted a relegation battle, many of us predicted players leaving, many of us predicted relegation, many of us knew it would end in tears, but still "supported" the club with ticket sales and attendance this season. Even those protesting, paid to shout and wave their banners even though there was more than enough evidence last season to suggest the owners would seriously damage the club.

Many on here criticising the decision to renew will have attended this year and lined the Venky's bank accounts!! Traitors?

Well, nothing has changed. It was bleeding obvious to anyone with a modicum of football knowledge that we would struggle this year. Well, suprise, suprise it came to pass and those have supported the club this year, but have at last woken up and are now saying No Nay Never again to season tickets, are 12 months too late.

Those who refused to go this year and maintain their stance for next season, can criticise me for renewing all they like. I admire their foresight and stance. But I assure you, they will be few and far between.

Those that have attended this year, but are bemoaning others for renewing next year, haven't got a leg to stand on. Moral high ground indeed! More like steep learning curves and people being way too slow to see the bleeding obvious.

Renew, don't renew. It matters little to the shysters in charge. Do what is best for you, your finances, your social life, your enjoyment, your friends, your family, but don't sit their commenting on other peoples moral compass. This debate is 12 months too late.

Divide and conquer. VenKean have spectaculary split our fans down the middle ever since they arrived. It has continued all year. And continues today with the "should I" or "shouldn't I" renew argument.

Venky's Out. Kean Out. I look forward to our fans uniting against Wigan and showing the watching world exactly what we think of VenKean. At long last, a united front and this placid and supportive Rovers fan will be joining in fully for the first time in my years supporting the club.

Keep asking that question myself, their lack of comment does make me wonder their agenda.

Glen has renewed I gather. Perhaps they're leaving it up to the individual to make their own mind up?

I'll bet they're sick of being accused of "having an agenda" though.

It was really upsetting to chat to my Grandad yesterday, who was really cut up that he and my Grandma are the only people around him to have renewed (so far). He has been sitting with the same people for years and their community won't be there next season. My Grandma doesn't really want to support Venky's with their money, but doesn't want to stop my Grandad's 81 years of pretty much never missing a home game. He's quite philosophical but heartbroken at what has happened to our club.

I found the decision really difficult. I am moving to London this week and it would be a big financial commitment to get the train up/drive up for every home game. Going to Rovers games with my family has been a huge part of my life for as long as I can remember, there is a blue and white thread through all of us and although we do enjoy doing other things as a family, our real true shared passion is Rovers. I know that it is likely that my Grandad won't have many more seasons where he is healthy enough to go and I want to enjoy going to Ewood with him for as long as I can.

At the same time, I feel strongly that I don't want to give Venky's a message that what they have done to our club is acceptable. They may take no notice but there is a chance that they might. I have decided not to renew. IF by some miracle we get rid of SK and Venky's this summer I WILL renew and will support the club as best I can, home and away. If they remain in charge, I am not going to get a season ticket but I am not giving up on going to the Rovers with my family, I'll attend when I can and will be visiting a fair few new grounds with them. I refuse to boycott because I'm not letting muppets push me away from our club, but I can understand those who do though.

I fully understand why good fans are not renewing, but I also wonder if the current situation isn't an excuse for some fans to watch championship football.

I think being in the ground chanting against the owners is the best way of demonstrating opposition to Venkys. Just staying away is second best, by a large way.

I've not renewed because the general feeling on most match days this season has been a kind of anger that I never got from football before. Coming off Ewood after most games I am hurting and upset because this was all avoidable and has been caused by Kean and Venkys. On top of that you then have to listen to Kean papering over the cracks and telling lies in his interviews or smugging it up if we win. I'm not paying good money to be subjected to this. It's torture.

As I've said before I want Venkeys out as much as the next man for what they are doing for our club. However it's Keans tactics that are infuriating me beyond belief on match days and also his interviews that are infuriating me on other days. If Kean is sacked then I will renew.

My Grandma doesn't really want to support Venky's with their money, but doesn't want to stop my Grandad's 81 years of pretty much never missing a home game. He's quite philosophical but heartbroken at what has happened to our club.

our real true shared passion is Rovers. I know that it is likely that my Grandad won't have many more seasons where he is healthy enough to go and I want to enjoy going to Ewood with him for as long as I can.

I know what I'd be doing, and football owners wouldn't have a bearing on my decision

Glen has renewed I gather. Perhaps they're leaving it up to the individual to make their own mind up?

I'll bet they're sick of being accused of "having an agenda" though.

Sorry, I meant season ticket agenda, nothing more..

Thinking strategically, if you have not renewed there are now 14 weeks to consider what to do before the first game(of 42) in the Chumpionship. So therefore those who have not renewed can now do 2 things:

-continue to agitate during the close season eg silent vigils outside the ground;Town Centre events;incidents in India(cricket,stock exchange,Venkys XPRS etc)

-just wait and save the money after your holiday

Four people not renewing even in August could pledge a share to BRSIT. Individuals could put it into the Darwen Tower saving scheme connected to BRSIT.

International members could be pledging to BRSIT,since this is one of the few ways to support the Club post-Venkys. Members groups will be formed in various Countries.

If Venkys 'remove' Kean then that is one decision.

If Venkys decide and announce a 'sale' then that is another decision,considering that it may be Christmas even if they came to their senses next week.

Most of all KEEP THE FAITH.

Just don't understand the clamour to do it at the clubs behest, which is why I asked the question.

Isn't it just a case of renew now because it is cheaper so don't ###### and moan when we put the prices up £20 in a few weeks?

Isn't it just a case of renew now because it is cheaper so don't ###### and moan when we put the prices up £20 in a few weeks?

Since I think a £20 premium if we get rid of Kean is worth it, and I can afford it, although I know many can't, I'm happy enough to wait till the loathsome little man goes. If he doesn't then I'll just use the cash I've saved anyway for something elselike paying off a bit of my mortgage or whatever which will give me great pleasure. It's not a lot but every little does help

I cannot support the cesspit of lies and deceit permeated by Kean/Venkys/Agnew/Anderson etc. it just takes me to dark, angry places that I would rather avoid. Rovers are my team in name only at this point, the Venkeans have ripped out the soul of the club that I have always known and replaced it with chicken in a basket. When they go I will return, not before, although I am tempted to break my self-exclusion to rag these illegitimates against Wigan.

I'm sure many will have received the same, but for those who haven't I was sent the following survey this morning.

It's only 10 questions & doesn't take long to complete. It is a questionaire about buying Premier League season tickets next season.....if you are, if you aren't and the reasons for your choice.

It's organised by the Football Supporters Federation who collate the information from all the clubs and the results are fed to the various media.

FSF SEASON TICKET SURVEY

I'm sure many will have received the same, but for those who haven't I was sent the following survey this morning.

It's only 10 questions & doesn't take long to complete. It is a questionaire about buying Premier League season tickets next season.....if you are, if you aren't and the reasons for your choice.

It's organised by the Football Supporters Federation who collate the information from all the clubs and the results are fed to the various media.

FSF SEASON TICKET SURVEY

Waste of time, non of us are buying Premier League season tickets

Please accept my apologies if this has been asked before, as I haven't scrolled through the whole thread.

The literature sent out doesn't say on it 'claim your seat deadline' (by yesterday) as it usually would.

Does that mean that your seat is still currently yours and there will be some other deadline advertised, i.e. by end June ish?

Thanks.

• Backroom

Not renewed (nor has my father). Breaks me up to say it. Started following Rovers properly aged 9 in 'Division 1' in 2000 (bit of a late bloomer as far as footy is concerned). Not bothered that we're heading back there (more grounds to visit!) but the way we've been systematically dismantled over the last 18months is a slap in the face to Uncle Jack and John Williams.

And just to think that 20years ago, the Premier League dream was about to begin.....

Well I haven't renewed yet, and along with others who have made the same decision, by not doing so hope it's sent a collective message to India that the fans are nowhere near as happy as they seem to think.

Will I renew in the summer?, well that's yet to be decided, I hope the club give me good reason to do so, if they do, then I will renew, if not it'll be a tough choice, but one I can now put off till August. Venkys, the ball is in your court.

I wouldn't criticise anyone for renewing, or not renewing, those who didn't renew last summer or those who stopped going part way through this. It's a very personal choice and for people who go to Ewood on a regular basis, a major decision to simply stop.

I opted not to get a season ticket in the Summer. The activity in the transfer market then didn't fill me with confidence, so I spent my money elsewhere.

Since then, I've not bought anything from Blackburn Rovers, other than the two multi-buy ticket deals they've had at Ewood Park. Even that awesomely cool home shirt. Which pains me, as I ALWAYS buy a shirt without fail EVERY season.

I haven't got one and it's killing me. I firmly stand by what I've done but at the same time it's something I don't want to be doing. Hopefully Kean will be gone and as soon as I see his replacement I will get my ticket again.

I did hear rumours there was a late surge in sales and it pleased mr hunt.

A friend of mine also said that his mates bought the 16 games in the darwen end and when they rang up to ask what happens if we go down about the number of games they get then they were told they didn't know and will have to get back to them. They rang back after a few days and said they still don't know and will let them know as soon as they know.

What a well run company

Archived