BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] "FAO: those not renewing their season tickets"

Which are majors factors you not renewing - NOTE: It's possible to select multiple answers  

306 members have voted

1. 1. Which are majors factors you not renewing

• The current owners and their actions so far
    • The current manager and his results
    • The current manager and his handling of fans / media
    • The club's general handling of the fans / media
    • The likelihood we'll be playing in the Championship
    • The worsening atmosphere/tension at Ewood
    • Other factors the club could have prevent (please specify)
    • Other factors the club couldn't have prevented (moving, lost job, price etc)
    • I either didn't have a season ticket to renew or are renewing ... I just like taking part in polls

Can't be much of a senior figure if he hasn't worked out what the plan is. It's been debated on here for months. Let me explain:

Slash the player wage bill

Reduce non playing staff and costs

Free up cash to reduced debt by selling key players

Reduce interest charges - see above

Avoid compensation payments by retaining the manager

Ensure new contracts are avoided - eg Salgado

Minimise unnecessary expenditure e.g. no ST brochure

Now I'm not supporting the above, I don't say it's good or right but it is clearly the plan. It also works whether we are relegated or not because it provides for three possibilities:

Relegation and much necessary cost cutting in place

Next season PL football with the supposed deadwood cleared out to allow Kean to rebuild

Or, quite likely in my view, to reduce or eliminate the need for "investment" in Rovers thus minimising the Raos financial exposure

It's been going on for months, accelerated in the New Year and we may not like it but it is the plan which covers every possibility.

I'm damned if I know their plans--perhaps you could enlighten me? Will they sell? Will they take out what they can and bankrupt the club? One thing I'm sure they won't do is put any of their money into the club to restore its fortunes so why go out of your way to defend them?

I think I've outlined my views above, all of which has been debated long and hard on here and I feel summarises what is happening in the short-term which i though was the point I responded to.

On your first point you have a very long memory! But at least you can't write me off as someone who summarily dismissed the new owners from Day 1. As we've learned more about them I've come to despise them. You?

Well I am getting on but don't have senior moments yet! :D well not often

I did not dismiss them, I saw the problems, I saw what has happened elsewhere and I have consistently believed and argued foreigh ownership of our clubs is fundamentally wrong for our game on many levels.

No-one forces you to read anything. 3 posts is hardly excessive and I feel I'm raising genuine points so get lost.

Happy to agree with the sentiment there!

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The club was £20m +/- in debt when the owners bought the club, maiking losses and propped up by the Trust. Absolutely right the Raos accelerated this but while we have always been stable we have pretty much been loss making for decades. It's only a couple of years since John Wlliams sold Warnock to balance the books when we had a £5m hole in the budget.

Although in debt, it was manageable, acceptable and controlled. Rovers, more or less, continued to break-even, ensuring the debt got no bigger.

Contrast this to Venky's, where annual operating losses rocketed to almost £20m in less than a season through, IMO, gross mismanagement.

No wonder Barclays got twitchy !

Why is everyone so twitchy? Most have made their choice now, so why the need to keep defending it? I KNOW why most of those who are not renewing have made that decision, you've told me and everyone else so 100 times. I respect your decisions, but to me my place as a fan is at as many matches as I can attend. I don't see why saying so is out of order. That's just the way I see it. If that choice becomes a burden to me, then I will reconsider.

It's obvious to me that issues surrounding season tickets/no of matches etc will be cleared when we know what division we are in, therefore, why the fuss?

Regarding plans, of course plans have been made for either scenario - most clubs in the lower half of the division do it, as have Rovers. What those plans are, I have no idea.

To be fair, if things were fine on the field and matches were being won with some sort of regularity, and we were in a decent position in the league, I doubt many would care about other issues.

Yes you're right, they wouldn't, because it would mean the owners would have the people in place to make the club a success on the pitch.

ps people are 'twitchy' (is that like being 'trembley'?) because you believe good, long standing fans have 'turned their back on the club', a poor choice of words.

Yes you're right, they wouldn't, because it would mean the owners would have the people in place to make the club a success on the pitch.

ps people are 'twitchy' (is that like being 'trembley'?) because you believe good, long standing fans have 'turned their back on the club', a poor choice of words.

Happy to agree with you there Matty!

Regarding plans, of course plans have been made for either scenario - most clubs in the lower half of the division do it, as have Rovers. What those plans are, I have no idea.

Neither have the Venkys

This nonsense gets worse by the day. Why should the club announce their plans before we know what league we will be playing in next season? Damned if you do and damned if you don't. Of course there are plans for either scenario.

I'm sorry you consider my post 'nonsense' but you do not offer any alternative explanation as to why the club will not tell DE ST holders how many games they will be entitled to attend in a 23 game season.

So, what does happen with the 16 match DE season ticket if we are relegated ? It was sold on the basis of a 19 game season. If there is a 23 game season, is the ST holder entitled, as now, to a full season less 3 games (ie. 20 games) or will it just be for 16 out of 23 games instead ? My friend, Hullrover, has been asking this for weeks but has got no joy. As you are evidently ITK, maybe you could tell him.

This is information that the customer is fully entitled to know. Why will the club not inform customers of this ?

I have suggested two possibilities - either the club do not have a contingency plan for STs for a 23 game season or they do have such a plan but are refusing to tell the customer. Which is it and why?

I'm sorry you consider my post 'nonsense' but you do not offer any alternative explanation as to why the club will not tell DE ST holders how many games they will be entitled to attend in a 23 game season.

So, what does happen with the 16 match DE season ticket if we are relegated ? It was sold on the basis of a 19 game season. If there is a 23 game season, is the ST holder entitled, as now, to a full season less 3 games (ie. 20 games) or will it just be for 16 out of 23 games instead ? My friend, Hullrover, has been asking this for weeks but has got no joy. As you are evidently ITK, maybe you could tell him.

This is information that the customer is fully entitled to know. Why will the club not inform customers of this ?

I have suggested two possibilities - either the club do not have a contingency plan for STs for a 23 game season or they do have such a plan but are refusing to tell the customer. Which is it and why?

I'm amazed people are still on about this.

It's very simple.

The Darwen end 16 match season ticket will turn into a 20 match season ticket should we be relegated, with the other 3 games being decided on who ever is in the division next season. At a guess Burnley, Leeds and maybe Blackpool/Sheffield clubs/Bolton?

The 19 match season ticket turns into a 23 match season ticket, with supporters moving stand on the same criteria as mentioned above.

Sheesh.

I'm amazed people are still on about this.

It's very simple.

The Darwen end 16 match season ticket will turn into a 20 match season ticket should we be relegated, with the other 3 games being decided on who ever is in the division next season. At a guess Burnley, Leeds and maybe Blackpool/Sheffield clubs/Bolton?

The 19 match season ticket turns into a 23 match season ticket, with supporters moving stand on the same criteria as mentioned above.

Sheesh.

If it is as simple as that, then why will the club not just confirm this ?

Renew your tickets and support your team. :brfc:

Your only hurting the club by not renewing, meaning less resources to pay the bills and therefore less money to buy a decent squad/ manager with. :lol:

Tin hat on.......Round 2

Your only hurting the club by not renewing, meaning less resources to pay the bills and therefore less money to buy a decent squad/ manager with. :lol:

Tin hat on.......Round 2

U must work for rovers.

Tin hat on.......Round 2

But Hughesy, surely your not suggesting our owners aren't interested in backing the club? I mean, they were going to provide us with Champions League football and we are due to win a cup according to one of the brothers. You're not suggesting that they don't have any cash are you?

Furthermore, why would they need a new manager? The one we've got does everything that Desai tells him to do. We've got a squad that doesn't cost much in wages now the high earners and better players are being shown the door.

I'm pleased to say I've bought my season ticket and I suspect my money is winging its way back to India as we speak to help prop up the crumbling Venky Empire. I can't understand why there aren't thousands of others doing likewise :wacko:

I'm pleased to say I've bought my season ticket and I suspect my money is winging its way back to India as we speak to help prop up the crumbling Venky Empire. I can't understand why there aren't thousands of others doing likewise :wacko:

Keep saying this but your money is small change. If Venkys wanted to "steal" money from the fans, they wouldn't be charging peanuts for season tickets. They aren't greedily hording mine, yours or anyone elses season ticket money because relative to the turnover of a football club, there is nothing to horde.

Paul, I'm not sure why we often find ourselves disagreeing on most threads because I agree 100% with everything you've said.

Well probably because, like you, I'm capable of disagreeing with and agreeing with anyone depending on the topic and point of view. Also I tend only to comment on what I disagree with to avoid constant "I agree" posts. I often agree with what you write but we can't get anywhere with just saying so! :D

Is that a fact Mark? It makes perfect sense, but you are probably best floating the idea with the club.

I think Mark is right. A 19 game DE ST should be treated as the same as any other full season ST, the 16 game one is a difficulty. I can promise you all if the club tries to sting me for more money on 23 Championship games I'll be screaming from the roof top as should any 19 gamer in the DE. What happens with the 16s I've no idea but moving up to 20+3 seems a good compromise.

• Backroom

Tin hat on.......Round 2

You could argue that your only hurting the club by renewing and supporting the owners if you wanted to.

Its a decision everyone has to make on their own

Keep saying this but your money is small change. If Venkys wanted to "steal" money from the fans, they wouldn't be charging peanuts for season tickets. They aren't greedily hording mine, yours or anyone elses season ticket money because relative to the turnover of a football club, there is nothing to horde.

As its small change they clearly won't have a problem with the fact that large numbers of fans have opted not to renew. The problem they have is perception and the perception of the majority of fans is that this lot are not fit to run a football club and the majority of fans I speak with simply don't trust them and believe that they will take money out of the club before they are finished. Quite how they change that perception I'm not sure.

Quite a few thousand didnt renew this season,as i know many of them personally who are 25plus years season ticket holders who didnt take their decesion lightly,but have found something else to entertain them.

I wont be renewing next season,cant be bothered arguing the odds whose right and whose wrong,what i do know is,the worrying thing for rovers is getting those long termers back(would getting rid of venkys/kean be enough?),plus anyone who says they havent got a life outside of rovers as an excuse needs to reprogramme their brain cell.

Haven't read the small print as not interested in S.T's until the clowns have left the circus, however, contractually, also given some of the verbal responses, Rovers could be as wide open as a barn door on this one !!!

Happy days, more clowns !!!

Archived