BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] "FAO: those not renewing their season tickets"

Which are majors factors you not renewing - NOTE: It's possible to select multiple answers  

306 members have voted

1. 1. Which are majors factors you not renewing

• The current owners and their actions so far
    • The current manager and his results
    • The current manager and his handling of fans / media
    • The club's general handling of the fans / media
    • The likelihood we'll be playing in the Championship
    • The worsening atmosphere/tension at Ewood
    • Other factors the club could have prevent (please specify)
    • Other factors the club couldn't have prevented (moving, lost job, price etc)
    • I either didn't have a season ticket to renew or are renewing ... I just like taking part in polls

I really don't care how many have been sold. Ours are renewed, that's good enough for me. And I don't see why those who are turning their backs on the club should care, either. You can't have it all ways.

Jack Walker Lower I assume Roversmum? Where you'll be close enough to wave to your idols in the Royal Box.

deeyell! I've just looked up W4 in thge JW stand and I'm bloody well spot on! :lol:

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Mark is right. A 19 game DE ST should be treated as the same as any other full season ST, the 16 game one is a difficulty. I can promise you all if the club tries to sting me for more money on 23 Championship games I'll be screaming from the roof top as should any 19 gamer in the DE. What happens with the 16s I've no idea but moving up to 20+3 seems a good compromise.

The Darwen End ST was brought in for a specific circumstance----to enable the fans to get behind the team from all 4 sides of the ground but to allow the club to maximise its income from away supporters when the big games came round.

It only makes sense when we are in the Premier League and the likes of Liverpool and Utd bring big crowds. It makes no sense at all in the Championship with only Burnley likely to be an issue. And we didn't move from the DE for that game did we?

Just another thing the Club hasn't thought through in its zest to get the last possible quid from the fans while we are still a Premiership club.

According to today's LT Kean says they have NOT made any contingency plans for relegation.

So either Andy Cryer is telling lies, Kean is telling lies, they really are so stupid they haven't made plans or there are plans that don't include Kean. I hope the last scenario is the truth but only time will tell.

i'm not renewing. I wavered to and fro for quite a while. The final straw was the Spurs game.

Spending a small fortune to be left feeling embarrassed by that shambles was enough. I still feel sick thinking about it.

Will still go on but choose my games. I don't want to give these people any more of my money than I have to.

Kean needs to resign and venkys need to sort out this mess or clear off.

I haven't booed the team, or kean all season but enough is enough.

I renewed: at £225 it doesn't really matter if a miss a lot of games as I did this season.

I wonder what the impact of reduced income from season tickets will be on potential reductions the workforce at EP and Brockhall. Just a thought.

I don't even want to think of the consequences should we continue dropping, we need them out and to start again in division 1.

Does anyone know the corect number of ST renewals ?

What is the percentage of renewals taken up on the direct debit scheme ?

The 2 or 3 people I know who have renewed , have done on the direct debit scheme ..But this was based (as far as I know ) on their being 38 games ..

I renewed: at £225 it doesn't really matter if a miss a lot of games as I did this season.

I wonder what the impact of reduced income from season tickets will be on potential reductions the workforce at EP and Brockhall. Just a thought.

If I worked behind the scenes at Rovers I would have been on my bike this time last year. It was obvious that sooner or later we'd be going down with the concurrent massive loss of jobs that would follow. Anybody who hung on at the club was naive in the extreme.

None, i'm guessing. There would be redundancies at any club following relagation surely, even if Venkys were in charge or not.

300 isn't it?

What is the percentage of renewals taken up on the direct debit scheme ?

The 2 or 3 people I know who have renewed , have done on the direct debit scheme ..But this was based (as far as I know ) on their being 38 games ..

I was told 2,800 by a person who told me the earlier numbers which proved to be in the right ball park after being substantiated by other posters' info..

If I worked behind the scenes at Rovers I would have been on my bike this time last year. It was obvious that sooner or later we'd be going down with the concurrent massive loss of jobs that would follow. Anybody who hung on at the club was naive in the extreme.

... or they are staying around trying to make a difference, love their jobs and don't want to give them up, or simply can't find anything else.

I've stayed with a company right to the day the liquidators were called in because I was fighting to help turn it around, I could have got out earlier but felt I owed to my colleagues, customers and ever my boss to try and save it.

I was told 2,800 by a person who told me the earlier numbers which proved to be in the right ball park after being substantiated by other posters' info..

... or the person that told you, told others too?

It appears to me this early bird scheme was hatched (no pun) when we beat Wolves and Sunderland .On the premis we would be safe from relegation .The people concerned didn't take into account the inadequacies of Mr Kean ..

Has the first installment come out of the direct debit ST holders bank accounts yet ?

Maybe but unlikely.

I think if Rovers had to commission a confidential employee survey with the usual ratings' format, You would find overall feeling around 2 or 3 out of 10, with the 2 or 3 borne out of loyalty and love for the old Rovers !

... or they are staying around trying to make a difference, love their jobs and don't want to give them up, or simply can't find anything else.

I've stayed with a company right to the day the liquidators were called in because I was fighting to help turn it around, I could have got out earlier but felt I owed to my colleagues, customers and ever my boss to try and save it.

With Venkies in charge ? What sort of difference do you envisage ? Can you recall one example of anyone having made a difference ?

You think Venky's wanted to do cheap STs and early bird offers? You think the community programme and BRIC etc are key to their plans. You think the FanZone was their idea? You think supporting the BDSA is high on their priority list?

No, it's people in Blackburn driving these things, not Pune!

You think Venky's wanted to do cheap STs and early bird offers? You think the community programme and BRIC etc are key to their plans. You think the FanZone was their idea? You think supporting the BDSA is high on their priority list?

True, yes the staff at Ewood come up with the ideas - BUT those people in Blackburn dont pay for it...still needs authorising.

Those renewals who wanted confirmation of how many games you will be seeing had it confirmed to day, its 23 home games ! Life in the Championship under this clueless clown is not going to be fun, I dread to see the response in the pre match interview from Kean because whatever he says will only serve to fire up the hatred against him.

Kean out

That's 1000 more than you told us last week Mercer LOL.. You should work for the club!

That's 1000 more than you told us last week Mercer LOL.. You should work for the club!

TBH, this is like trying to pin the tail on the donkey !

It would not surprise me if there are some games being played with the numbers, I've played them myself and seen it happen before in other organisations.

In all seriousness, you have been told over 3,000. I have always 'understood' that 3,000 barrier not broken and must admit that when told 2,800, if correct, that was at the very top end of my expectations.

Only way to nail it is for club to be honest and transparent and tell us the number, like Bolton do I believe. However, most unlikely so the speculation will continue and would not be surprised to be told that sales have eventually reached five figures only to find opening attendances of less than 10,000 !

Oh, so the bods in Blackburn, rather than those clowns in Poona are running the show at BRFC then?

Archived