BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] "FAO: those not renewing their season tickets"

Which are majors factors you not renewing - NOTE: It's possible to select multiple answers  

306 members have voted

1. 1. Which are majors factors you not renewing

• The current owners and their actions so far
    • The current manager and his results
    • The current manager and his handling of fans / media
    • The club's general handling of the fans / media
    • The likelihood we'll be playing in the Championship
    • The worsening atmosphere/tension at Ewood
    • Other factors the club could have prevent (please specify)
    • Other factors the club couldn't have prevented (moving, lost job, price etc)
    • I either didn't have a season ticket to renew or are renewing ... I just like taking part in polls

When we play Burnley I hope you and all the other non-renewers continue to be true to their beliefs and do not attend either of those games. I await the outcome with interest. I wonder how many strawmen will be built that week?

I think you make a very good point RE the bumley games next season, I've already decided to break my excile and attend the Wigan game, will I have the mental strength to resist the bumley games, probably not, but I make no apologies for that.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It appears not renewing entitles you to a badge of honour.

Why don't the non renewers form picket lines and hurl insults at supporters entering the ground next season.

Watching tonight's game, you have to think of city's trip to the 2nd division and back. Through all their poor management they stuck with the TEAM through thick and thin.

Jesus, protesters, non protesters, renewers, non-renewers. get a grip.

Not a badge of honour and I'm sure many people will still renew. Just don't understand the clamour to do it at the clubs behest, which is why I asked the question.

Jesus, protesters, non protesters, renewers, non-renewers. get a grip.

Not a badge of honour and I'm sure many people will still renew. Just don't understand the clamour to do it at the clubs behest, which is why I asked the question.

Think people should factor in to the arguement that there is a recession on at the moment. To coin a phrase" every little helps" if you buy now you may well save a few quid.

In this day and age I'd say it was a fair arguement for the case of renewing in many households.

Watching tonight's game, you have to think of city's trip to the 2nd division and back. Through all their poor management they stuck with the TEAM through thick and thin.

You can't compare what happened at City with what is happening at Rovers. The club has been destroyed there is nothing left. When Kean and Venky's leave it will take at least two to three years to restore the club

Hope Ralfinho doesn't mind me quoting him here but can't we leave the inquest into and condemnation of those who've renewed til after Wigan, at least?

I don't mind u quoting at all. Just wish we could all unite as one for 90 mins or so on Monday night. It's quite simple really. Then u can squabble all u like after

You can't compare what happened at City with what is happening at Rovers. The club has been destroyed there is nothing left. When Kean and Venky's leave it will take at least two to three years to restore the club

Do seem to remember massive financial problems at City too.?

But just to add, as this is a renewal thread..... Let's stick together, we will need each others support in the coming seasons.

We will get our Rovers back, in the end we will triumph !!!

Do seem to remember massive financial problems at City too.?

The financial problems at the Rovers are not the biggest concern. The whole infrastructure as been dismantled. There are no clear lines of responsibility, no governance, no experience, no structure on the playing side, a totally dishartened playing staff and non playing staff etc. etc. Massive loss of fan base. These are not things money can buy. They need time to be developed.

To be frank you're not making much of a point here. One reason for renewing, and for me a very significant one, is I would not deny my son his pleasure in order to fulfill any wish I may or may not have to use the STs as a protest tool against the Raos.

When we play Burnley I hope you and all the other non-renewers continue to be true to their beliefs and do not attend either of those games. I await the outcome with interest. I wonder how many strawmen will be built that week?

Sounds sadistic to me given the 'standard' of football played at Ewood this season... :blink::P

I along with my son,haven't renewed for next season and won't do until Kean is gone.I do understand why people have though and as disappointed as I am that they have,I don't feel as though they should have to justify to anybody why they have renewed.

To my mind Venky's and Kean have succeeded in dividing the supporters in such a way that it is horrible to see (there are a number of threads on here that are testament to that sadly).However I feel that all the supporters should unite next Monday and let these shysters know exactly what we think of them.

Venky's,Kean,Anderson the absolute bloody lot of them deserve everything that's coming their way.

When we go down at least the fans should show their passion because if we don't no bugger else will.

It appears not renewing entitles you to a badge of honour.

Why don't the non renewers form picket lines and hurl insults at supporters entering the ground next season.

Hmm, hardly comparable situations are they? Were City being run by a shower of shyte who seemed hell bent on bleeding the club dry whilst being "managed" by a totally incompetent moron who insulted the support week after week and lied through his arse every time he opened his fetid gob?

No, did not think so; give your head a wobble will you!

onlyonejackwalker was making the point earlier, [and a point that many have argued] that by renewing he wasn't supporting the owners or Kean. My reply to that is that it is a fact that he's supporting them. Look at it this way - my view has always been that a fan is someone who sits in his armchair and watches his team. A supporter gets involved, puts his cash into the club and gets down to the ground. Putting money into any business is supporting it.

The bit in bold is exactly how I see it but not everyone does. It's semantics - some feel a fan is a step up from a supporters because they are "fanatical" - presumably even if they put no money in.

The supporting Kean and Venkys argument is also a semantic one. Some are arguing that even my renewing they are not (morally) supporting them, even if (financially) they are.

Others are differentiating between "the club" (which they continue to morally and financially "support") and Venkys, as owner's (who they don't). The view being that Venkys (or any owner for that matter) are only temporary custodians and not permanent. (We hope!)

"The Club" is a transient entity kept alive by the fans who "support" it - which is why it's such a shame that fans have been divided for so long...

• Backroom

Deadline day came, deadline day went without me renewing.

I think the pr offensive has been obnoxious to be honest with the phone calls, emails and flyers through the door.

Sack Kean then get Dunny to ring me again and we'll talk

Who's going ring Rovers up in the morning and ask how much a ST is then?

I tried today and got no reply. Was worth a go.

To be honest the lack of information about what happens after the deadline has quite annoyed me. Loads of teams have an early bird system, but they all give people the option of before this will happen or after this will happen, so people can make a choice. We've just been told to renew before today or else (big woo). I suspect they didn't have much of a plan for tomorrow, but let's wait and see.

I tried today and got no reply. Was worth a go.

To be honest the lack of information about what happens after the deadline has quite annoyed me. Loads of teams have an early bird system, but they all give people the option of before this will happen or after this will happen, so people can make a choice. We've just been told to renew before today or else (big woo). I suspect they didn't have much of a plan for tomorrow, but let's wait and see.

I don't think they will release any more information now until they know which division we are in.

Been chatting with my dad earlier today, Rovers supporter for nearly 60 years, ST holder since we went into the Prem (as others have pointed out, it wasn't really necessary before then, epecially as he used to stand in the Enclosure). He says he's not renewing (JWU) due to the current shyters infecting our club and especially "that useless bald tw4t" as he so accurately put it.

I unfortunately haven't had a ST for the last 4 years due to family & work commitments at weekends, but rest assured, if I still did, there's no way I'd be renewing.

It's actually got to the point where I dread watching us on TV!

• Backroom

It's actually got to the point where I dread watching us on TV!

same here. used to love knowing we were on TV, but now it's a painful experience.

I turned to my dad after the first minute of the Spurs match, 54 seconds to be precise after they tore down our exposed wing and nearly scored, and said 'it will be like this for the whole match.' He kept saying 'Kean has to change it, he has to' ... but I just shook my head.

Think people should factor in to the arguement that there is a recession on at the moment. To coin a phrase" every little helps" if you buy now you may well save a few quid.

In this day and age I'd say it was a fair arguement for the case of renewing in many households.

Point taken - however many who have renewed have stated they would do so what ever the cost.

Factor in that the product is crap nick.

I'm not criticising anyone OJW, but isn't it a fact that by renewing, people are supporting them? It's easy to say they aren't, but the fact is that they are supporting the owners and the way they're running the club. They're supporting them by their attendance and they're supporting them financially. That's the ultimate support. If you put your money into any club [political, social or otherwise] or party, you're supporting them.

Fair enough if you do renew, but you have to accept that you are supporting them.

Anybody buying a season ticket is supporting Venky's and Kean.

Harsh words, but these are harsh times.

It's as cut and dried as that. You either put your own interest of going down to Ewood first, or you put the club first and don't renew.

Yes, it has come to this.

:angry2:

Archived