BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan match

• Backroom

My mate went to pay the lad who's "supposed" to be sorting out the Burnley plane last night, he wouldn't take his cash cause haven't raised enough to pay for it ha ha what a waste of time they are!

Who's organising it?

Not underpants is it?

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

has no one got a RC aeroplane? How about a mini plane flying really low in Ewood part trailing a banner. It could take off behind the riverside and then be controlled from outside the ground and flew into the stadium

Wont that be dangerous, it might hit Kean in the head

basket-of-tennis-balls.jpg

Tennis balls and banners (and the plane, if that is possible) still seems like the best idea to me. Loved that clip from the Sevilla match. Plus, tennis balls have the same colour as the protest movement - the colour Desai hates!

I imagine a tennis ball would be classed as a missile and incur fines

Not if enough people carry out the said action, they can't fine everyone, same with other sorts of direct action :tu:

Beach balls would definitely be much easier to sneak into the ground. Good suggestion.

How could sky not show a mexican wave of yellow beach balls rising to a crecendo of "Keeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaan OUT" (I bet even the Wigan fans would join in!

The tennis balls on the pitch is by far and away the best option. The big problem we have is that everyone has to do it.

There has to be over a 1000 of us doing it. Otherwise yeh, i believe people will get done for throwing a 'missile'

I'd love it to happen and think it should be arranged.

Everyone throws one at a given time, then throws another 20 minutes later.

has no one got a RC aeroplane? How about a mini plane flying really low in Ewood part trailing a banner. It could take off behind the riverside and then be controlled from outside the ground and flew into the stadium

No chance. Insurance implications are huge and the size of model needed to pull a banner would be quite large so a different kettle of fish again.

I really want to get one of the yellow "100% Rovers 0% Kean and Venky's" t-shirts for Monday's game but I don't know if it will arrive in the post to Dublin by Friday.

Is there any chance someone could get one for me and I could meet and pay them outside Ewood on Monday?

Not if enough people carry out the said action, they can't fine everyone, same with other sorts of direct action :tu:

Im sure Lancashire Police would love to go through the film and fine everyone, or and throw the odd banning order in as well.

Not worth the risk IMHO.

As this is a night match and the floodlights will be on, I do not see the relevance of a plane flying above the stadium trailing a banner as no one below the lights would be able to see it. Unless of course someone has already thought to take a 5mill candle power search light into the stadium under their jacket.

I've said it before but the best idea is for people to make home made banners - from paper, old sheets, whatever is the largest, and most easy to smuggle in - then at a pre-arranged time in the match all get them out (18th minute for the number of months taken by Venky's to decimate the club would be my suggestion).

If it's publicised widely enough beforehand and enough people do it, it'll look fantastic and the stewards won't have the resources to even start to take them all away. Even if only 100 people do it there's no way they could get to them all before the message has got across, plus if people were to not give up their banners quietly ;) imagine the bad rep (given it's on live, international TV) the club would get for the way they'd be pretty much forcing their stewards to act toward their own fans just for exercising their right to protest.

The key though is it need publicising - forget bridge building between the fans and the club, forget everything that's gone before - the gloves need to come off now properly. They've treated us like ###### and ignored us for long enough.

Archived