BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan match

Not a match preview but just a point that Wigan have sold their full allocation of 3,000 and been told by Rovers that no more available.

Last time they had such a following was back in 2008 when they went to Bolton and won !!!!!

Off to watch them against Newcastle at weekend. Should be a good match with two knowledgeable managers - that's novel for a start !

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive been arguing this week wi a few latics fans who have been moaning about their 'small allocation'. As if there's ever been a need to give them more than 1000 tickets ever before!

Why are we not giving Wigan more tickets?

I would guess the (IMO) cretins at Ewood want to maximise home support / advantage.

Doubt that they would have been so churlish with United or City.

However, may spectacularly backfire; virtually, all those with Rovers connections who I have spoken with recently, have said this is a match they wont miss as they firmly believe we will be relegated at this match and want to make their feelings known long, loud and clear. Unfortunately, too many, too late are waking-up to smell the coffee. However, think we saw and heard a foretaste of things to come after 70 minutes at the Norwich match (huge Venky's out chants).

I would think, especially being live on Sky, (IMO) Newsham and the other clowns who now manage our club, will be absolutely sh1tt1ng bricks about this one. The one thing they cannot do is take away our voices !!!

I would think, especially being live on Sky, (IMO) Newsham and the other clowns who now manage our club, will be absolutely sh1tt1ng bricks about this one. The one thing they cannot do is take away our voices !!!

I hate to say this but if we are more or less down come the Wigan game the atmosphere inside Ewood will be poisonous at best.

I hate to say this but if we are more or less down come the Wigan game the atmosphere inside Ewood will be poisonous at best.

With the match being on a bank holiday and at night, a lot of fans will have been in the pub for the majority of the afternoon. Therefore expect the crowd to be even worse than when we went 2 - 0 down against Bolton. I can also see a pitch invasion happening if we get sent down the evening

I think you're right, with the two games for £15 quid offer there's going to be many people in the ground who wouldn't have bought an individual ticket knowing we were already relegated. I expect a 90 minute protest.

I know of a few that have boycotted most of the season that are going on this game. You can't kick a vipers nest constantly and not expect to get bitten. This club means too much to so many for this game not to... well lets just say, you can't ban those who won't be there next year.

I've spoke to five of the stewards l know that work at Ewood and not one of them will stop a pitch invasion if it happened if enough people were involved (as you would expect). You get paid feck all you ain't gonna put your body on the line. This is in no way an incitement for a pitch invasion :brfcsmilie: In fact l'd go as far to say DO NOT INVADE THE PITCH vs WIGAN.

I hope the atmosphere is so hostile that it will be felt in Pune and that Kean will be reduced to a quivering wreck, however, I would urge all supporters not to do anything that could leave them with a criminal record.

It crossed my mind earlier , that if things go wrong at Spurs ( heavy defeat ) Kean could go out the cowards way , took us down and then bugger off into the sunset with his ill gotten gains before the Wigan game!!!!

If he is still in situ , I can see the police advising him not to sit in dugout or stand in technical area ..

He will be hiding in the stand somewhere ..Probably a box watching it on sky or at home !

• Backroom

Have to concur here that no matter how angry people are doing anything that would land you with a criminal record in this day and age isn't worth it. The media will simply spin it as "those barbaric Rovers fans trying desperately to get to Steve Kean and rip his throat out" and Venky's will just say "we understand the fans frustrations but trust us... Europe... 8th place... a trophy...young team..."

Archived