BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan match

Again, i do not see the point of "Kean and Venky's Out" on the A4 poster, it is a nothing statement.

We need something far more condemming:

"KEAN/VENKY'S DESTROYED OUR CLUB IN 18 MONTHS"

"JACK WILL BE TURNING IN HIS GRAVE - RTID"

"SHAME ON YOU!!!"

"VENKY'S = INCOMPETENCE"

"VENKY'S = SCUM"

and so on....

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again, i do not see the point of "Kean and Venky's Out" on the A4 poster, it is a nothing statement.

We need something far more condemming:

"KEAN/VENKY'S DESTROYED OUR CLUB IN 18 MONTHS"

"JACK WILL BE TURNING IN HIS GRAVE - RTID"

"SHAME ON YOU!!!"

"VENKY'S = INCOMPETENCE"

"VENKY'S = SCUM"

and so on....

All that on an A4 piece of paper? The camera would have to really zoom in to read all that pal!!! Kean & Venkys Out simply tells the world what we want

Why is the focus always on Kean and the Venky's - are we not forgetting one of the leading figures in our demise. The person who is Kean's agent - who allegedly pursuaded Venky's to give Kean the job - who helped sell the club to the Venky's - and then advised them.

I always find it surprising that people concentrate on Venky's and Rover's press officer when the supporters get negative publicity - when Venky's have no real influence on the british press - and Rovers have never had any real influence on the southern press.

Indeed, Anderson needs to be prominent, largely because relegated fans moaning about their manager and owner is what the watching audience expects to see.

Agreed Pity the following is too long for a A4

Anderson "When I left , the place was rocking "

And he left it up to Kean to push it over

Indeed, Anderson needs to be prominent, largely because relegated fans moaning about their manager and owner is what the watching audience expects to see.

Absolutely Matty, he needs to get so much stick that all his puppets will be embarrassed to be associated with the spiv.

Let's not get at folk wanting to join in

Afterall I believe that kind of attitude is partly why more havent done so far

If that's aimed at me, I'm simply exposing Hughesy for his hypocrisy and changing his opinion at the drop of a hat.

well I think we need a quick 2 or 3 day poll to decide what we want on these 10,000 flyers. can an admin create one ASAP

Not as catchy as some of the others but what about 'Why did you do this Venkys and Kean?' - maybe to get the wider debate going in the media that should have been happening for months now?

Well, we need to all agree on something ASAP so we can get them printed and distributed. I'll personally drop loads off at all the local boozers on sat and sun morning so we need to decide

what about getting them dropped from the plane onto the pitch ?

whilst the match is in play.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I am usually a steward but will not be working next monday will be going to the game as i couldnt try and stop anybody wanting to protest infact i will be joining in

A few tips on how to get banners in then would be appreciated !!!

What would be amazing would be a number of red/green/blue laser pens being shined on Keans bald head from all 4 stands whenever he stand at the edge of his technical area.

I wouldn't suggest this though as they are probably banned from the ground.

Why is the focus always on Kean and the Venky's - are we not forgetting one of the leading figures in our demise. The person who is Kean's agent - who allegedly pursuaded Venky's to give Kean the job - who helped sell the club to the Venky's - and then advised them.

I always find it surprising that people concentrate on Venky's and Rover's press officer when the supporters get negative publicity - when Venky's have no real influence on the british press - and Rovers have never had any real influence on the southern press.

It's probably due to the lack of hard evidence. Most of the rumours about Anderson's involvement in our demise (as well as the PR campaign against the fans) are still just rumours, even though they are likely to be true. Also, there are certain legal implications.

A few tips on how to get banners in then would be appreciated !!!

Idea:

Would it be possible to create fake banners and use them as a decoy? Say if a group of 10-15 fans - with banners wrapped around their bodies hidden by anoraks and coats - walks towards one of the entrances, with some of the members of the group carrying two or three visible banners. The stewards will promptly and probably forcefully take the banners from the ones carrying them, and maybe let the group in after relieving them of the visible banners.

I also like the "KEAN OUTSTANDING" and "VENKY'S OUTSTANDING JOB" banners, and then cutting off everything after "OUT" after one has entered the ground.

It's ridiculous that it's come to this - the banning of banners is outrageous. "Health & safety reasons" my arse. Kean, Agnew or whoever is behind this, you're pathetic IMO. Free speech for all, except if it's at Ewood Park :angry2:

It's probably due to the lack of hard evidence. Most of the rumours about Anderson's involvement in our demise (as well as the PR campaign against the fans) are still just rumours, even though they are likely to be true. Also, there are certain legal implications.

Idea:

Would it be possible to create fake banners and use them as a decoy? Say if a group of 10-15 fans - with banners wrapped around their bodies hidden by anoraks and coats - walks towards one of the entrances, with some of the members of the group carrying two or three visible banners. The stewards will promptly and probably forcefully take the banners from the ones carrying them, and maybe let the group in after relieving them of the visible banners.

I also like the "KEAN OUTSTANDING" and "VENKY'S OUTSTANDING JOB" banners, and then cutting off everything after "OUT" after one has entered the ground.

It's ridiculous that it's come to this - the banning of banners is outrageous. "Health & safety reasons" my arse. Kean, Agnew or whoever is behind this, you're pathetic IMO. Free speech for all, except if it's at Ewood Park :angry2:

Talking of legal implications , as anyone been sued on this site ? Our is it just bluster from Anderson and his dodgy cronies ?

Let's not get at folk wanting to join in

Afterall I believe that kind of attitude is partly why more havent done so far

Problem is he's never tactful about it.

He goes from insulting the protestors to becoming Malcolm X, and doesn't expect anyone to call out his double-standards?

Talking of legal implications , as anyone been sued on this site ? Our is it just bluster from Anderson and his dodgy cronies ?

I seem to recall Glenn implying that they (as in, this site) had been contacted and threatened by someone more than once due to some posts on this site.

I'd suspect it'd be a damn sight harder to sue someone over a banner in a football ground, though, as long as the statements on the banner aren't highly defamatory. I have some experience with cases relating to freedom of speech, as I'm an associate in a Norwegian law firm, but I do believe that you have stricter provisions on this in the UK.

I seem to recall Glenn implying that they (as in, this site) had been contacted and threatened by someone more than once due to some posts on this site.

I'd suspect it'd be a damn sight harder to sue someone over a banner in a football ground, though, as long as the statements on the banner aren't highly defamatory. I have some experience with cases relating to freedom of speech, as I'm an associate in a Norwegian law firm, but I do believe that you have stricter provisions on this in the UK.

Out of interest what legally defines a banner?

Archived