BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lancashire Telegraph

It's a business, not a service.

With its ever dwindling circulation perhaps the business should listen to its punters. Advertising is only worth the number of people it reaches. LT should have fought against the national press defending it's customers even if that meant losing some advertising from rovers. Circulation would have increased. World Press Freedom day fast approaches not one of LT reporters can hold a candle to those remembered for seeking to report the truth.

Excellent article from Andy Cryer today - the memories one.

Great opening paragraph:

"An incredible golden era in Blackburn Rovers’ proud history is in danger of coming to an abrupt end thanks to inept ownership, shocking managerial decisions and a lack of footballing knowledge."

I don't know why any newspaper would want a 'relationship' with the club they are reporting on because the only motivation for it seems to be a belief that you will get stories from them and 'inside info' but surely when a club wants certain things to be publiced they do it themselves via the press officer, website etc. If they don't want something out there, then they wouldn't give it to a local newspaper regardless of how good the relationship is between the two parties.

And if the 'inside info' you're getting is complete BS in terms of meaning anything because it's come from the fantasy world of Kean and Venky's why covert it so highly?

Give over pal...thats exactly how it works. One call from rovers ad/marketing dept and LET will be licking their boots

Not true.... and I speak from 40 plus years experience working in newspapers.

The LET will have taken an editorial decision to soft-pedal the owners and manager. Only the senior editors can explain why.

Got to say, think some of the LET articles in the past few days have been very good. Shame we had to get relegated first, but fair play to Andy Cryer.

I was impressed with the last few sentences of Andy Cryer's article in the LT today entitled " Kean defends his transfers."

Almost as though he had finally got through to Kean.

...." I know you've been negative Andy-but I would rather be positive. I'm positive. You've been negative all season."

When it was said that large sections of Ewood Park were also concerned about the club's future, Kean replied: " That's your opinion."

Has there been a change in the LT's tone now that even the most traditional fans (and by that I mean those who turn up on Saturdays but don't spend their days trawling through internet message boards) are convinced of the sheer corruption within the club?

I was impressed with the last few sentences of Andy Cryer's article in the LT today entitled " Kean defends his transfers."

Almost as though he had finally got through to Kean.

...." I know you've been negative Andy-but I would rather be positive. I'm positive. You've been negative all season."

When it was said that large sections of Ewood Park were also concerned about the club's future, Kean replied: " That's your opinion."

haha, what a plum he really is

They get pelters on here but I've got to say in comparison with other local papers the LT's sport coverage is top notch.

The Lancashire Evening Post usually has the back page and that's about it and it's more comprehensive then the Blackpool Gazette and Bolton News.

Archived