BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Vultures are circling....Who is Key to our team next season?

I think Givet will definitely want out but he's one of those ones that we might just struggle to shift even if we want to. I'd imagine he's earning close to 50k, 40 at least in today's climate. There might not be that many clubs wanting to take on a 30 year old who's health seems to have a few question marks surrounding it right now.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Raheem Hanley may be off for nothing apparently

We're screwed if we can't even keep hold of unproven talents they may be needed

Where did you pick that up Tom? Raheem has developed into an outstanding prospect this season. I'd heard rumours that the club hadn't been overly quick in signing up some of these youngsters but surely they can't be that stupid as to allow such an outstanding batch of kids to leave - can they?

Where did you pick that up Tom? Raheem has developed into an outstanding prospect this season. I'd heard rumours that the club hadn't been overly quick in signing up some of these youngsters but surely they can't be that stupid as to allow such an outstanding batch of kids to leave - can they?

He's out of contract apparantley with no renewal signed, or even offered yet I don't think. Not sure where I saw or heard it but have definitely seen the same somewhere, I'll have a little google.

Edit: Here we are http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7745720/Rovers-risk-losing-Hanley

• Backroom

Sorry for not providing a link I saw it linked on twitter (the above report)

To be honest I haven't seen much of him but trust your judgement on this, it beggars belief it really does.

Even if they are only interested in the money it still doesn't make any sense as it would make sense to nurture and then cash in.

He's out of contract apparantley with no renewal signed, or even offered yet I don't think. Not sure where I saw or heard it but have definitely seen the same somewhere, I'll have a little google.

Edit: Here we are http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7745720/Rovers-risk-losing-Hanley

To be honest - I read that and immediately thought "agent trying to get a better deal for his player".

I think Rochina would do for Rovers as adel taarabt did for QPR in the championship.

My thoughts exactly!!!! He needs to be played in an advanced (free) type role where tracking back doesnt need to be done. I could honestly see him being one of the top scorers next season if he is played that way

Balaji rao said 80 % of the players want to stay

lets do some math

1 Paul Robinson

2 Michel Salgado

3 Martin Olsson

5 Gael Givet

8 David Dunn

9 Anthony Modeste

10 Mauro Formica

11 Vincenzo Grella

12 Morten Gamst Pedersen

13 Mark Bunn

14 Radosav Petrovic

15 Steven Nzonzi

16 Scott Dann

18 Bradley Orr

19 Jordan Slew

20 Ruben Rochina

21 Marcus Olsson

22 Nick Blackman

23 David Hoilett

24 Ayegbeni Yakubu

25 David Goodwillie

29 Simon Vukcevic

30 Anthony O'Connor

31 Grant Hanley

32 Bruno Ribeiro

34 Jake Kean

35 Jason Lowe

36 Amine Linganzi

37 Zac Aley

38 Myles Anderson

39 Adam Henley

40 Robbie Cotton

41 Raheem Hanley

thats 33 1st team players from rovers homepage. if we remove modeste since hes here on loan thats 32, and 20 % of 32 is 6,4 players who wants to leave.

who are those 6 who wants to leave?

my guess

1. givet.

2. hoilett.

3. Martin Olsson

4 yakubu.

5. Nzonzi

6. formica

6,4 Vuckevic

in addition we will lose salgado and grella.

and we might lose robbo, pedersen and dann.

i think 5 or 6 of those who wants to leave leaves and we will probably sell robbo and dann (i really hope we sell this useless joke) and be unable to sell pedersen.

my guess will then be these will leave

1.robbo

2. Salgado.

3. Martin Olsson

4. dann.

5. givet

6.nzonzi

7. hoilett

8. yakubu

9. formica (very likely, he wanted out in january)

10. grella.

Balaji said expect big changes the next week. Here you have the changes, the idiot kean will probably stay

I can totally understand the doom and gloom but people are taking it too far if they think we'll have a squad that will struggle to stay in the championship next year. Barnsley managed it this season with this squad even if we lose every high waged player I think we're better than that.

In fact, one of the more terrible aspects of our relegation is that the squad isn't actually that bad and with a half decent manager we could have been fine. We're better than Wigan almost to a man but through the various behind the scenes bóllócks and general ineptitude they haven't always been on the pitch.

Still, I think we can put out a competitive team next year akin to:

Bunn,

Orr, Hanley, XXX, Henley

Petrovic, Lowe

Goodwillie, Dunn, Pedersen

XXX

The centre back missing would hopefully be Givet but I don't see it. Dann should hopefully be gone but otherwise I think we'll need to bring in an experienced head.

Petrovic started very slowly but has come on a bit and I can see him being a valuable player in the championship, if he stays. N'Zonzi would be good there too but I really can't see him staying.

Dunn would be excellent in a free role in the Championship and Pedersen may get a new lease of life and Goodwille should get at least a run out.

The Yak would be great as a target man and did play for Leicester last year. If he doesn't have a release clause, great, if not we're lacking a target man.

It's all moot if the rest of the club lurches on in turmoil but even accounting for quite a few losses we should be ok. Not that ok is anywhere near good enough.

I can totally understand the doom and gloom but people are taking it too far if they think we'll have a squad that will struggle to stay in the championship next year. Barnsley managed it this season with this squad even if we lose every high waged player I think we're better than that.

In fact, one of the more terrible aspects of our relegation is that the squad isn't actually that bad and with a half decent manager we could have been fine. We're better than Wigan almost to a man but through the various behind the scenes bóllócks and general ineptitude they haven't always been on the pitch.

Still, I think we can put out a competitive team next year akin to:

Bunn,

Orr, Hanley, XXX, Henley

Petrovic, Lowe

Goodwillie, Dunn, Pedersen

XXX

The centre back missing would hopefully be Givet but I don't see it. Dann should hopefully be gone but otherwise I think we'll need to bring in an experienced head.

Petrovic started very slowly but has come on a bit and I can see him being a valuable player in the championship, if he stays. N'Zonzi would be good there too but I really can't see him staying.

Dunn would be excellent in a free role in the Championship and Pedersen may get a new lease of life and Goodwille should get at least a run out.

The Yak would be great as a target man and did play for Leicester last year. If he doesn't have a release clause, great, if not we're lacking a target man.

It's all moot if the rest of the club lurches on in turmoil but even accounting for quite a few losses we should be ok. Not that ok is anywhere near good enough.

If it wasn't for the signings of previous managers , we would have been down a month ago ! I include Hoilett has a previous manager signing ..

I agree , a different manager would probably have kept us up but only because he wouldn't have signed the dross that Kean as .

If it wasn't for the signings of previous managers , we would have been down a month ago ! I include Hoilett has a previous manager signing ..

I agree , a different manager would probably have kept us up but only because he wouldn't have signed the dross that Kean as .

I think it's slightly worse than that! If he had given a chance to some of his own signings (extended run in a settled side) I think we would have been better off. Vukcevic, Formica, Rochina, Petrovic... I don't think they're all irretrievable rubbish, just underutilised and/or playing with too many different players or in different positions.

I've only just thought of this now but Kean reminds me of Kidd in the way we'd rarely put out the same players who could build key parterships (centre backs and centre mids, wingers and full backs etc).

• Backroom

Raheem hanley is talking about good news on twitter which will come out soon, I'm thinking a new contract or a move away.

Seeing as there's nobody around to sort a contract he's probably offski

Andy Cryer doesn't think Raheem Hanley is staying next season he just said to me on twitter

I'm sure those on twitter will be well aware of this but for those who aren't (and as it could easily get lost amongst todays 'events'), Raheem announced on there earlier that he has signed a pro. contract with Rovers. So obviously someone at the club is capable of making vaguely sensible decisions.

I'm sure those on twitter will be well aware of this but for those who aren't (and as it could easily get lost amongst todays 'events'), Raheem announced on there earlier that he has signed a pro. contract with Rovers. So obviously someone at the club is capable of making vaguely sensible decisions.

Is he the next Hoillet?

Archived