BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Vultures are circling....Who is Key to our team next season?

If we can keep:

---------Bunn---------

Orr-Givet-Hanley-Henley

Formica-Lowe-Dunn-MGP

--Goodwillie-THE YAK*

This besides from Givet, Formica and Yakubu because they will all leave.

In answer to the original question I would say probably big Grant is key for us he would boss that league. I also think Goodwillie would bag a fair few.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we go down and if he stays Rochina would score a hatful. I'd also expect Goodschlong to bang in the goals.

Key feature - proper manager and unified fans...one will swiftly follow the other.

Quoted purely for the use of "Goodschlong" - bravo sir.

Providing we play him correctly - I could see Markus Olsson having an impact in the Championship. No matter what the level - pace is something that most teams struggle with.

As already said - Bunn to replace Robinson (not because I don't rate Robinson - just simple economics) - Goodwillie may shine at a lower level - and Rochina may be our Jansen this time around if we can get a manager to handle him properly.

Of all the overpaid players - I would try to hang onto Givet. For me Pedersen would be just too expensive for the Championship - and what he could offer. IMO the same applies to Dunn - unless he is prepared to take a pay cut for the good of his hometown club.

Tin Hat On!!

i think Goodwillie will come good next season ,i havent seen anything so far to suggest he premier league quality (although he's probably has had other things on his mind :glare: ) the SPL and Championship imo are of equal quality , so i think if he gets a good run in the team alongside perhaps an older more experience Championship striker he'll score goals , i'm expecting Robbo , Martin Ollsson, Givet, Vuckevic, Salgado, Grella, Modeste, Hoilett , Yakubu and Formica all to leave i think Dunn will stay and No-one will take Dann or Pedersen (maybe West Ham for Peds IF they get promoted and IF Allardyce stays in charge) Rochina i'm not sure about ... maybe he'll be loaned out to a spanish team

In goal- Robbo might go but if he stays we'll be strong in goal. Heck, if he goes Bunn will be strong in goal so I have no worries there.

In defense- Givet if he stays will be a monster in the Championship. Martin Olsson, Hanley, Lowe, Henley and Orr would round out a very strong back 4, considering their age and PL experience which would come in very handy next season one level lower.

In midfield- I think Dunn and MGP will stay at least another year. Despite the stick they take, I think both are loyal to the Rovers. And I think despite their age they'll chew up the talent on offer at the Championship level. Formica and N'zonzi (if we get a new manager) I think will stay and blaze trails. I don't know about Vukcevic. If he stays we'll be very strong. If he goes, we'll still be strongish but won't be dominate. I suspect (perhaps overly optimistically so) that next year we'll be very respectable in the midfield, perhaps commanding, if only because of the level we'll have fallen too.

Forwards- We'll be weakest in the forward position. Jr. Hoilett and Yakubu are probably both gone. Junior as he has been angling for a move for awhile and we have no way of keeping him or getting fair value. Another Kean failure. The Yak because he's worth a small fortune which means the owners will cash him in. Which is too bad, if he stayed we'd be half way to the goals needed for promotion back to the PL. He'll be another test I suspect the owners will again demonstrate that they are penny-wise but pound foolish.

Rochina and Goodwillie will likely stay. I think Goodwillie will shine at the Championship level. Rochina has great skill but needs a proper manager to keep him in line and develop him. Regardless, we'll need a player or two in the forward position to put points on the board.

If we keep Blackmun (who may be a Championship level striker- look at what he did in the SPL), Goodwillie and, most especially the Yak, we'll be decent or better on offense.

Management- This is the critical component. Our squad is a decent (not trailblazing) PL squad. Our failures are purely down to manager, and owners who would not listen to the outcry from the supporters. If we get a good manager, I suggest Curbishley, we'll be right back up. If we don't, we'll stay down and slowly decay.

You're either dreaming or know nothing about the championship. Dunny and MGP will get run ragged, it's much more physical at that level and we all know how much MGP likes a battle. But at least we'll probably have the highest paid passengers in that league. If nothing changes we'll be discussing who's good enough for the next level down this time next year. You're right about the Yak being worth a small fortune though, his £ 1.5 million release clause !

If we lose the decent players we have, Olsson, MGP (Championship player) Robo, Yak, Givet....

We'll struggle to stay in the championship next season, I really believe that, the players Kean has brought in are league 1 players at best.

Sad but true

The key players next season will be in defence, if you cannot defend you will struggle at any level. The better quality players you can keep, the better chance you have. So I'd say Robbo, Givet, Dann (his level), hanley are key in this regard.

I'd expect to lose Nzonzi, Junior, martin olsson and the Yak. But don't think many clubs will be looking to pay others we would consider offloading what we pay them.

In midfield it looks like MGP, Dunny, Lowe will be key but see zero creativity from open play from these. Goodwillie / Rochina / Olsson 2 looks extremely lightweight too.

Think we will struggle next season, mod table at best with those players.

Our best players will all leave - Yak, Givet, Hoilett, Robinson. There is no doubt about that. We might be able to hang onto Olsson, Nzonzi, but more by virtue of them having a poor end to the season and no buyers rather than any draw to stay at Rovers.

As others have said why would Rochina or Vukcevic stay when they don't get a game?

We have to sign four or five real battlers.

Think robinson, givet, martin olsson, hoilett, yak, nzonzi could contribute to a prem team squad therefore will go. But would want to keep.

Owners will still be here so presumably salgado, rochina, vukevic, formica will not play “contractual issues” again.

Petrovic, modeste, Anderson, ribero?, are league one standard so don’t want.

Grella a crock.

So that leaves rest who are championship quality players who no one in prem would touch and we couldn’t get rid of anyway. So team will prob look like:

Bunn,

marcus olsson,

Dann,

Hanley,

Lowe,

Orr,

Dunn (in a wheelchair presumably),

Pedersen,

Blackman,

Goodwillie.

Plus whoever we dredge up in summer. Effectively during kean’s tunure been building a championship team so we will fit right in.

+1 great post

I can see, Hanley, Ollson, Formica, N'zonzi, Yakubu, hoillett all going in summerand obviously salgado and modeste will be gone. If kean stays I can also see Rochina, Givet, Dann, MGP, Robinson going.

Therefore without kean we're 8 players down that need replacing. With kean we're 13 players down that need replacing.

In midfield it looks like MGP, Dunny, Lowe will be key but see zero creativity from open play from these.

What do people think of Lowe?? Is he good enough yet?

We need an enforcer signed for midfield....would even take Karl Henry off Wolves, when his contract ends.....he's ideal for that league

Wishful thinking could see us with a team like this (if Kean goes and if Venkys are willing to spend at least say 8million of monies that we will receive from departures, if they really want to get back to premiership).

Robinson

Henley

Dann

Givet

Orr

Ambrose (£3million)

Dunn

A loan defensive midfielder

Luke Varney (Pompey so cheap say £1million)

Goodwillie

Jordan Rhodes (if Huddersfield don't come up £4million)

Subs - Bunn, Rochina, Blackman, MGP, Marcus ollson

Plus maybe a couple of decent loans and some of the exciting players from youth side. But I know it's all ifs and buts. But this is what we could look like if just kean was removed and they put £8mil in. Which isnt much really.

We need an enforcer signed for midfield....would even take Karl Henry off Wolves, when his contract ends.....he's ideal for that league

Lowe is promising, but isn't good enough to be outstanding yet. He reminds me of Damien Johnson, in thst he's ok, works hard, is a good pro, but doesn't seem to be exceptional. He's a better bet at right back at the moment, where his lack of forward ability isnt so obvious.

He offers absolutely nothing going forward. Bringing him on for Dunn when we were chasing a winner against 10-man Liverpool, leaving Pedersen on the bench, is one of the most baffling subs Kean has made IMO. And there's plenty of competition for that award.

With some more experience at RB he could turn out well there, or even in midfield if can be the Savage to a Tugay-type of player. But no, he's not PL quality yet. Although that won't be an issue next seaosn.

You're either dreaming or know nothing about the championship.

Perhaps both? :P

You're right about the Yak being worth a small fortune though, his £ 1.5 million release clause !

Is this number accurate or are you guessing? Why do the deal with such a small release clause?

it is amazing how opinions on different players go from one extreme to the other. IMO, jason lowe is not a right back at all but can be a good stand-in at that position should the need arise. his best position by far is that of a holding midfield player where he can use one of his best assets....his passing. he reminds me of a tim sherwood type player, who would take posession of the ball and keep the play moving. the fact that he offers very little going forwards is not a problem for me and why, because he is not a player who runs with the ball and attacks the defenders ala dunny,jnr,mauro. for me along with his defensive duties, all he needs to do is sit in that holding area break up play,take posession and distribute to his team mates which in my opinion, jason lowe is excellent at doing just that.

just an example but: against liverpool down here dunny played infront of our back 4 which to me was rather baffling. when jason lowe got onto the pitch he took up that position and allowed dunny to move further forward into an attacking midfield role. the team looked far more comfortable and threatening.

jason lowe is not a right back,right midfielder or any other position other than that of a holding midfielder and does a fantastic job.

Mail reporting that Robbo, NZonzi, Hoilett & Olsson will all be off.....cant remember if it mentioned the Yak aswell or not.

think we will have done well if only them 5 leave, cant see it though expect formica rochina petrovic simon to all leave too

Archived