BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean's Future Set To Be Discussed

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also say Blackburn when asked who do I support.

A bit of a silly argument this one.

We are called Blackburn Rovers FC. Many times I have said I support Blackburn when asked by strangers. No-one has asked me which Blackburn. Sometimes I say Blackburn Rovers in response to the same question.

When talking about the club I often say "The Rovers", but that is normally in context with people I know and who already associate me with the club.

Does it really matter anyway?

So for the last 16 years, see no evil, hear no evil and speak no evil, have increased Venky's in come massively creating a 1 billion pound empire. So the three monkeys have managed that, opening businesses in sectors & countries they had no experience in and yet have done well. Then they buy Rovers and get every move wrong? And then we have to consider all that's gone on top.

It just doesn't add up as at the end of the day. Stupid and naive people would never have lasted this long with their money and made the company what it is.

Even if this were true, which I doubt it, it says nothing about their business acumen at all. Anyone, given a decent amount of money, can go and branch out / open new sectors in untapped markets and make a profit, mostly by virtue of a monopoly and lack of competition. Failing that you can just lie your way to success. I know someone who has an entire country convinced he is a successful "serial entrepreneur" who starts up new businesses then sells them on. A little bit of research on Google and you find he owned one business before (in the U.S) and was kicked off the board and then the company after it lost $17 million in investors money. Does anyone bother to check this out before they do business with him? No, cos he is a snake oil salesman and companies own version of "fit and proper" is as woefully pathetic as that of Lancaster Gate.

I sincerely doubt Venky's empire is close to 1 billion, maybe that is what it should be worth if it had been run correctly but I suspect some dodgy dealings and thick brown envelopes have ensured a safe and steady income for them for life - a business model they thought would work in the world of the Premier League. The current Venkys generation are not rags to riches, they deserve no respect. Equivalently, they bought a classic, well-kept and highly respected masterpiece, hired a drunk unlicenced driver to chauffeur them round, crashed and trashed it then stumbled out claiming they were confused and saddened.

I can't think of ONE instance where they have listened to anyone without an agenda to make money from them.

At the risk of turning this into 'what have the Romans ever done for us'

Season Ticket Prices (though I know that was pushed hard by the club)

Free travel

Free food

..... Sadly the last 2 are mostly gimmicks and none of them make the.vast list of bigger things have HAVE got wrong

At least this delay means we are unlikely to sign Heskey...

Someone had to go and say this didn't they! D'oh!

Saying that I've always thought that he looked awesome at Ewood, admittedly playing for someone else...

:D :D

If you believe Venky's empire is worth anywhere near a billion you'll believe anything. Your still harping back to that Daily Mail report from a year a go are you?

And even if you do believe their collection of business are worth a 10 figure sum, why are you assuming they built it and not their parents?

Are you not the one who started a thread about their dropping share price? Perhaps a quick view of it's history will enlighten you as to what it was way back in 1996. I guess the ghost of their dead father made all the choices for them. They ruined Rovers in 18 months apparently by naivety and bad advice and yet have grown the egg business by over a factor of 30, based on 2002's share price of 30 whatevers to 2010's 900 whatevers. Obviously it's decreasing but but even so they are well ahead of wehre they were in 1996. Again I guess that's down to Dad. Go read about Venky's history and you'll see big things have happened for them well after daddy died. The VH group was nothing like it is today when daddy was around.

Does sportingintelligence also not put them at 1 billion turnover for all their businesses? Funny how everyone on here says he knows more than anyone about the V's and yet he's wrong on that one as well? Others as well report the VH Group as being a billion pound empire and yet you know better, care to divuldge your source/reasoning?

:D :D

If you believe Venky's empire is worth anywhere near a billion you'll believe anything. Your still harping back to that Daily Mail report from a year a go are you?

And even if you do believe their collection of business are worth a 10 figure sum, why are you assuming they built it and not their parents?

As a Southerner, when asked who I support I will always say "Blackburn" for the reasons you state above. I only use the term "Rovers" on here because if you don't you are accused of not being a 'real' fan.

Correct

Wow, the air has really gone out of this forum after the interview by Moron Brother # 1 yesterday. Have a feeling it's going to stay this way for a while, and that we'll have to wait a hell of a long time before hearing anything new regarding Uncle Fester and the club's future. Roll on late July, when reports emerge that a Qatari bid for the club has been turned down by the [censored] owners, Steve "[insert worst imaginable explicitive]" Kean signs a new contract as manager, Colin Hendry replaces Eric Black, and Keanocchio signs Lee Hughes, Luke McCormick, Marlon King and Ched Evans.

You don't half fly off the handle, don't you?

If he was "slagging off the fans" he'd be telling everyone to support Kean, yadda yadda.

He's putting the onus on Venky's to sack the bugger.

Not the same thing.

:lol: FLYING OFF THE HANDLE! Hardly, 'Top-Tits' but you conveniently ignored my 2nd post on the subject. Funny that! ;)

:lol: FLYING OFF THE HANDLE! Hardly, 'Top-Tits' but you conveniently ignored my 2nd post on the subject. Funny that! ;)

I prefer Hughesy's 'Titman', he actually put hours of thought into that one.

If anyone knows where Kean is staying in Barbados a couple of ex cricketing associates of mine say they will gladly dance round him clucking like chickens, knowing them, they will love it!!

Barbados ;) how bloody predictable, the ******* Muppet :angry

Paul Hunt was a honest bloke, he took time to mail med when I was upset about the loss against Cardiff in carling cup, they are just keeping the crap that makes our club even worse:

See this mail conversation:

Thank you Daniel. Looking forward to Sunday.

Paul

Sent: 09 December 2011 08:33

To: Paul Hunt

Subject: SV: Whats happening with our club?

Thanks Paul for the explanation.

We will always support our Club!

Good luck on sunday against Sunderland! A massive game.

Best wishes

Daniel

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Från: Paul Hunt [phunt@rovers.co.uk]

Skickat: den 1 december 2011 17:51

Till: Daniel

Ämne: RE: Whats happening with our club?

Dear Daniel

I acknowledge receipt of your recent e-mail concerning the managers after-match comments following the Carling Cup game versus Cardiff City.

We have investigated the issue and following on from the media speculation into this matter the Manager released the following statement:

Rovers' boss Steve Kean has responded to suggestions that his team selection indicated he didn't treat seriously the Carling Cup quarter-final at Cardiff City on Tuesday night and expressed his disappointment at the way his after-match comments were reported and the subsequent confusion.

The manager said: "My comments at the Press Conference were taken out of context. There is absolutely no way that we would ever consciously forfeit a game, quite the opposite.

"What I was trying to say was that by not winning we had forfeited an opportunity to take another step towards a Wembley final. If my explanation or wording was vague or unclear then I regret that.

"I want to stress that both of the major knockout competitions are massively important to us, but the Premier League will always be our primary objective.

"I am a big fan of the Carling Cup and we all dearly wanted to continue our journey and gain a place in the semi-final. Unfortunately it wasn't to be, but I refute in the strongest possible terms any suggestion that we didn't treat the competition with due respect.

"However, I make no excuses for recognising the importance of Saturday's game with Swansea and basing my decisions accordingly - as the manager I have to assess every situation on its merits.

"I made changes at Cardiff, more out of necessity than choice. We had Steven Nzonzi suspended, Junior Hoilett had to return home with a virus and I simply could not risk the fitness of Chris Samba, Martin Olsson or Michel Salgado. All three had been out for several games with hamstring problems and the medical advice indicated that to play them on Tuesday would represent a major risk to their long-term fitness. Had any of them felt a reaction they could have been sidelined until the New Year. Given our situation in the Barclays Premier League and a massive home game looming at the weekend against Swansea, it was a risk I just couldn't take.

"I would like to make it perfectly clear that I used a selection process at Cardiff similar to that of other rounds of the Carling Cup, a type of rotation system - used by many managers - whereby some fringe players were given the opportunity to show what they could do. We fielded seven full internationals and two under 21 internationals at the Cardiff City Stadium and the starting line-up was one I believed to be more than capable of getting a positive result."

Thank you for your support.

Yours sincerely

Paul Hunt

Deputy Chief Executive Officer

To: Paul Hunt

Subject: Whats happening with our club?

Hello Paul!

We are very unhappy about what is happening to our club.

Is Steve Kean the right man to turn it around?

He has just won one game in 13 Premier League matches and should be sacked.

So disrespectful to "farfeit" against Cardiff.

Best regards from

Daniel

and other Swedish BRFC fans.

WE ARE DEEPLY CONCERNED ABOUT OUR BELOVED TEAM BLACKBURN ROVERS F.C.

Agent_ITK ‏@Agent_ITK

The Venkys are strongly considering selling #Blackburn football club. #Rovers #BRFC #Football

heres hoping...

Isn't this the same guy who said Kean had been sacked. I suppose one day he might get somthing right

Archived