Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean's Future Set To Be Discussed

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If everyones confused,, the Morten isn't HE IS STAYING LOYAL to the club:

Summer

Posted by Morten on the 24th May 2012

It’s been a while since I’ve been blogging now, but our position on the table wasn’t good and I felt it was better to focus on football. As a football player the relegation was the worst thing that has ever happened to me, as a Blackburn fan, it was devastating, it was cruel and I can not describe the feeling I had when the relegation was clear and the season was over. There have been some speculation and questions from the media and here on the blog about my future, my respond to that is that I have a contract with Blackburn Rovers, and I intend to honour that.

Now I’m with the national team, and we will play against England and Croatia. I’ve never played against England before so I’m looking foreward to that, and after the match against Croatia, it is holiday. And I look very much forward to a few weeks of rest with family and friends. Right now we’re just training and enjoying the summer that has arrived Oslo.

Morten

If everyones confused,, the Morten isn't HE IS STAYING LOYAL to the club:

Summer

Posted by Morten on the 24th May 2012

It’s been a while since I’ve been blogging now, but our position on the table wasn’t good and I felt it was better to focus on football. As a football player the relegation was the worst thing that has ever happened to me, as a Blackburn fan, it was devastating, it was cruel and I can not describe the feeling I had when the relegation was clear and the season was over. There have been some speculation and questions from the media and here on the blog about my future, my respond to that is that I have a contract with Blackburn Rovers, and I intend to honour that.

Now I’m with the national team, and we will play against England and Croatia. I’ve never played against England before so I’m looking foreward to that, and after the match against Croatia, it is holiday. And I look very much forward to a few weeks of rest with family and friends. Right now we’re just training and enjoying the summer that has arrived Oslo.

Morten

Is that the first admission from anyone at Ewood we are relegated?

Fair play to MGP, you can knock him as a footballer, but he's a top guy.

Agent_ITK ‏@Agent_ITK

The Venkys are strongly considering selling #Blackburn football club. #Rovers #BRFC #Football

heres hoping...

He's just assuming things. No proof so far that he's "ITK", I've followed him for a good bit.

"There have been some speculation and questions from the media and here on the blog about my future, my respond to that is that I have a contract with Blackburn Rovers, and I intend to honour that."

Yipee.

MGP calls himself a blackburn rovers fan! Awesome... Knock him all you like but what a wonderful and fantastic servant this guy has been. Statistacally one of our best too.

Bet he coud tell you a few stories of how Williams and o reigns well over Venkys.

i would not say its 100% sure MGP will stay. Ive seen many interviews with him in the norwegian media and he always tries to avoid that question saying stuff like "i have a contract with blackburn, we will see what happens, what the club wants etc."

that quote "i intend to honour that" is like saying "well i won't put in a transfer request, but if a good offer comes i may leave."

i think MGP feel some responsibility for our relegation, as should all our players do, and he may want to stay here to help us back up.

But lets be honest. the phone isn't actually ringing down ewood park with potential bailers for MGP, so that quote is like a win/win situation for him.

I think he would want to stay in english football, and as no PL team wants him, he would probably stay here as long as the club wants him. Obviously Kean want him to stay to show Mrs youknowwho he can keep his squad. he's comfortable in his apartment in manchester, he's happy with his wages, but he's no knight in shiny armor.

I will have to give him some credit for not saying he wants out though. he gets alot of stick from the fans from time to time, but he handles it well. he's used to that from playing with the national team where he often gets alot more abuse (which i think is disgraceful btw) than at rovers.

Where does Pedersen play for Norway these last few years? On the wing? He is a joke on the wing but can do a job in the middle imo.

Left wing more often than nought. He played for Norway against NI at WIndsor in February, and was non-existent apart from one decent cross as I remember.

But lets be honest. the phone isn't actually ringing down ewood park with potential bailers for MGP. .

Even if it did ring, who would answer it?

Mr Untenable has had his tongue cut off and is apparently on holiday now for two weeks. Who would decide to sell MGP? Mr Confused? Mrs I know nothing about football? Jonny Bling?

We all know there's no one else involved, apparently, so you have to presume no one will leave or come in during what I'm going to term a stand still period.

Or maybe they'll be a fire sale organised by, well, someone or other.

It really is very confusing.

Right now it's very very quiet. I'll take the positives from that and push on (to bed).

Pedersen may not be the player he was but at least he plays with club in his heart. Too many players, staff, owners nowadays, non more so at our club at the moment, have no affinity with the club they are associated with. Nothing pleases me more then seeing players who truly love the club play in the blue and white halves. Players like Pedersen, Dunn, Lowe staying for next season will please immensely. Would love to know what Ped's thinks personally of Kean seeing as he was extremely pro allardyce.

Where does Pedersen play for Norway these last few years? On the wing? He is a joke on the wing but can do a job in the middle imo.

he plays left wing in a defensive 4-5-1 formation with focus on counter attack. our national team manager has a very special view on how football should be played, but hes gone away from the hoofball we used to play in the 90's. Think england will struggle scoring vs us with your strikers.

MGP was really crap when the former national team manager was in charge, but he started to play alot better when Egil Olsen took over the team again. He would never use MGP in the middle, because he's a proper manager and he knows you actually have to be aggresive and be able to win the ball to play there. He's useful for norway because when we get the ball, the ball goes forward fast and his passing foot does a good job there. Based on seeing how crap he was with our former manager and how much better he is now (he's not wonderful but puts in a good shift) i think MGP can be an asset for us if we get a proper manager.

http://www.thesun.co...urn-future.html

But he is still hurting over Blackburn’s dire season and has hinted he may quit Ewood Park.

He said: “I have not heard about the club yet and I still have a contract for another two years.

“The club is now in the Championship. I’ve always wanted to play amongst the best so I’ll have to see what happens.

“But it will be great to meet England because I’ve never played them before.

its the sun but i'm still not 100% sure he will stay, it all depends if decent offer comes in.

I think Roy Hodgson and england will struggle vs us. Our manager has only lost 1 of his last 39 games at home, has a win 2-3-0 statistic vs england and a win % of 56,04 and 66,67 over his two periods in charge. Considering how crap our players actually are that is really amazing statistics.

with roy not being a very popular man in the british media and critizied alot for his team selection i would expect the british media to be angry after saturdays game.

But i think it actually could be good for england. If this happens they will go into the euros with their shoulders low and the fans not expecting anything, and maybe they will actually be able to get a good place when they dont have this huuge pressure.

edit: maybe this is the wrong thread to discuss mgp and england but i put it here anyway

To be fair to MGP his set pieces created most of our goals last season either directly or indirectly.

He would be equally important for those, as would his experience, in the championship.

He used to score top drawer goals, but his all round play has always been average. Personally I think he's a better bet than Dunny or Lowe in a CM role. As for the comments about his contract, well firstly you couldn't blame any player for wanting to leave the current regime and secondly there's no guarantee he won't just get frozen out next season based purely on financial grounds either.

There is no word on Kean's future for a while so we are finding things to talk about.

He might say he is a Blackburn fan and u can tell he has an affinity to the club/fans but that doesn't always translate onto the pitch. Someone has mentioned previously, and I've seen it before as well, that Formica has actually ran past Pedersen to close down another player on at least one occasion. I know he regularly gets the most assists but he does take set pieces and if another player took as many as he did then I'm sure they would get similar stats.

I wouldn't go as far to say his all round play has always been average as he used to be really good at finding space to whip in a cross to compensate for his lack of pace, like Beckham could do. Despite some of his top-drawer goals like against Fulham and Newcastle, not to mention the 2 at Old Trafford, the memory that will most likely be the most prevalent in my mind is his missed header in the FA Cup Semi Final against Chelsea.

You could tell he doesn't like Kean as that ball bag Jim White was pressing him for an answer on "Well the players must surely be behind him?" and he kept dodging the answer.....he's still one of my favourite players tho despite his faults and I do love how he'll normally clap the fans at the end of a game.

There is no word on Kean's future for a while so we are finding things to talk about.

He might say he is a Blackburn fan and u can tell he has an affinity to the club/fans but that doesn't always translate onto the pitch. Someone has mentioned previously, and I've seen it before as well, that Formica has actually ran past Pedersen to close down another player on at least one occasion. I know he regularly gets the most assists but he does take set pieces and if another player took as many as he did then I'm sure they would get similar stats.

I wouldn't go as far to say his all round play has always been average as he used to be really good at finding space to whip in a cross to compensate for his lack of pace, like Beckham could do. Despite some of his top-drawer goals like against Fulham and Newcastle, not to mention the 2 at Old Trafford, the memory that will most likely be the most prevalent in my mind is his missed header in the FA Cup Semi Final against Chelsea.

You could tell he doesn't like Kean as that ball bag Jim White was pressing him for an answer on "Well the players must surely be behind him?" and he kept dodging the answer.....he's still one of my favourite players tho despite his faults and I do love how he'll normally clap the fans at the end of a game.

Spot on

Funny you should mention those two (formica and peds.. interesting stats,,

surely what pedersen is saying is "Well, I've got a decent contract and I'm settled so I'm quite happy to stay but who knows what the clueless idiots currently running the club might decide to do. They might decide to sell me, just to cut costs"

surely what pedersen is saying is "Well, I've got a decent contract and I'm settled so I'm quite happy to stay but who knows what the clueless idiots currently running the club might decide to do. They might decide to sell me, just to cut costs"

And reading between the lines it doesn't sound like there is a relegation clause in his contract. In my opinion he has run his race as a Rovers player.

Archived