BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean's Future Set To Be Discussed

I don't think it takes a massive leap at all to assume he had a say in this. There's every chance he mentioned it when he went to India.

I'm not being obtuse, but There's every chance he didn't mention it too! Retirement or more cost-cutting is a far more logical answer.

I wouldnt be against firing him. Newsham is definitely out of touch with us fans.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the time for blaming naivety and bad advice is over - the main problem we have got is that the Rao family have got themselves into something and don't have a clue what to do next. All because they were sold a pipe dream without any detail to go with it.

Being fans we are close to the issues and problems but it all stacks up - key thing to always remember is that Venkys know NOTHING about football, never did and they sure don't now. Their comments when buying us were clear, they were primarily doing it for their own shyte chicken brand.

They never speak unless it is an occasional SSN scripted speech/interview - I wonder who provides them with their generic waffle time and time again? Don't think they have EVER provided any detail with their comments either in the press or on TV, again because they don't know what they are talking about.

They only came to the high profile games or they did in the early days - ones that receive wide TV coverage.

Clearly it is not them, on their own, deciding to appoint Kean in the first place. Surely any good/normal advice would be to keep a proper experienced board in place etc.

The original offer document - again, who do we think put this together considering they know nothing about football? All assurances to keep fans happy along with drivel about signings and Champions League.

In terms of who owns the club, clearly need evidence but surely it is clear who has been pulling the strings for most of their time as owners.

The whole thing is a farce, perhaps one of the biggest football has ever seen - the worry is that it could get very worse.

I think the time for blaming naivety and bad advice is over - the main problem we have got is that the Rao family have got themselves into something and don't have a clue what to do next. All because they were sold a pipe dream without any detail to go with it.

Being fans we are close to the issues and problems but it all stacks up - key thing to always remember is that Venkys know NOTHING about football, never did and they sure don't now. Their comments when buying us were clear, they were primarily doing it for their own shyte chicken brand.

They never speak unless it is an occasional SSN scripted speech/interview - I wonder who provides them with their generic waffle time and time again? Don't think they have EVER provided any detail with their comments either in the press or on TV, again because they don't know what they are talking about.

They only came to the high profile games or they did in the early days - ones that receive wide TV coverage.

Clearly it is not them, on their own, deciding to appoint Kean in the first place. Surely any good/normal advice would be to keep a proper experienced board in place etc.

The original offer document - again, who do we think put this together considering they know nothing about football? All assurances to keep fans happy along with drivel about signings and Champions League.

In terms of who owns the club, clearly need evidence but surely it is clear who has been pulling the strings for most of their time as owners.

The whole thing is a farce, perhaps one of the biggest football has ever seen - the worry is that it could get very worse.

Much worse IMO because it is the club that will always get the punishment.. those who put the likes of Portsmouth, Luton and Rangers in their situations had gone by the time they received their punishments.

Think of it this way.. club goes into admin, but who is responsible, the owners no longer own it so why would they give a monkeys about the 10plus point deduction they caused, people like ridsdale still work as football cheifs and most of the agents etc still ply their trade.. it normally ends up the real fans step in to try and save the day but by then the damage is already done.

Kean was at the England under 19's match at Deepdale this evening, again not the actions of someone who is worried about losing his job.

Why would he be worried about losing his job? He's hardly going to sack himself is he...... It's not like anybody else makes a decision at our club.

Why would he be worried about losing his job? He's hardly going to sack himself is he......

He's going to run out of people to sack at this rate. I wouldn't put it past him. Then he'll blame the only other person left at the club (other then Myles obviously) and try to sack Agnew. But it'll be too late then won't it Stevie? You sacked yourself by mistake remember? You big tit.

• Backroom

He was, of course, looking for young talent to add to our young squad to increase value whilst lowering the average age. Then he can tell everybody we have "the youngest squad in the Championship" and that "the squad value has increased" as we slip into League One.

As Kean said in an interview not too long ago, it isn't about points or winning. It's about young players and value - end of.

He was, of course, looking for young talent to add to our young squad to increase value whilst lowering the average age. Then he can tell everybody we have "the youngest squad in the Championship" and that "the squad value has increased" as we slip into League One.

As Kean said in an interview not too long ago, it isn't about points or winning. It's about young players and value - end of.

Well, these youngsters would have to have extremely 'naive' parents to even countenance coming to Venkys Rovers just now, I would think extreme incentives would be required to convince them.

What was Kean doing there? For me the guy's actions seem to suggest an unhealthy desire to discredit/prove all doubters and critics involved in BRFC wrong. Was his appearance tonight a message to John Newsham? who knows what goes on in that little head.

Well, these youngsters would have to have extremely 'naive' parents to even countenance coming to Venkys Rovers just now, I would think extreme incentives would be required to convince them.

What was Kean doing there? For me the guy's actions seem to suggest an unhealthy desire to discredit/prove all doubters and critics involved in BRFC wrong. Was his appearance tonight a message to John Newsham? who knows what goes on in that little head.

Amen. I would not want my little lad anywhere near that ######.

Amen. I would not want my little lad anywhere near that ######.

It was another FU to the fans I reckon. "look at me! I'm still here!"

There's not a hope in hell we'd sign any of those players now. They'll all be fixed up a long time ago. Unless one or two of our lads were involved of course, then again, so what? He's going to sell what he can anyway from the first team, regardless of whether our kids are good enough to step in or not. So we're back to the first paragraph for me.

As though winning matters anymore. It doesn't. It's just greed now. Take what you can as soon as you can. It'll just be a rotting carcass soon, they'll not be so 'confused' then.

somebody needs to take care of this (Please don't use that word again) up!!! Seriously I dont mean that anybody should kill him, but think about it. What harm would it do? Not that I am asking anybody to do anything illegal against him, that would be against the law and not allowed. I EVEN HATE YOU WHEN IM DRUNK KEAN!

Archived