BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean's Future Set To Be Discussed

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am now convinced that this bloke is bomb proof.

His power is ridiculous and, IMO, unprecedented in the history of the English football league.

At a function this afternoon / evening and was somewhat taken aback by the depth of feeling against Kean even from normally the more placid of folk.

And if he thinks the appointment of Hendry will appease the supporters he's another thing coming - IMO, it will make matters even worse.

We are, IMO, witnessing the destruction of our club and I doubt anyone is capable of doing anything about it otherwise it would have been done by now.

Time now to put Rovers to the back of mind and move on.

So that must mean there is no smoking gun then, despite what many have been saying.

Never mind the smoking gun,any person on the planet with the slightest bit of self respect and dignity would have held their hands up and said I`ve got the club relegated,the fans hate me,I`m getting constant abuse and possibly putting my family in a position where ridicule will affect them, time to walk away.But I`m starting to think that he may actually be getting a bit of payback against the supporters.

His personal payback comes in his interviews where he makes sly digs at the fans and says lots of things that only Blackburn fans would know isn't true. He had won the media battle all season long until first Spurs away, then relegation, then the Allardyce video. He won't be praised anymore and in a couple of months will very rarely ever be mentioned. In a few years time when he is no longer working in football, it will just be "Remember that Blackburn manager who was in that video slagging off Allardyce? I wonder what he's up to now?". That will always be the main thing he is remembered for. Can't see any of his bum-chums like Moyes etc offering him even a coaching role now.

I think it was in fact the away fans who had a Kean out-banner down by the corner flag. Or was there another one as well?

Very proud. Banner originated from Darwen. A few Rovers fans congregated round it and I'm told a mini-Kean out! chant got going in the background as Morten took a free kick from near that corner. Well done lads! :tu:

I am now convinced that this bloke is bomb proof.

His power is ridiculous and, IMO, unprecedented in the history of the English football league.

Teflon would still be stood there brushing off his shoulders if the fans arranged a 2 Megaton airburst right over his abode!

He's much more than manager at Rovers and we all know it..God himself would be left scratching his gonads on how to get rid of this fella.

Crazy,crazy stuff this.

The problem with that is nobody, despite an unbelievable amount of research, has been able to PROVE anything untoward there. It's very well using tactics like this to bring the bigger story to the masses, but until we can make the bigger story stand up, then it just looks like cheap, pointless, mudslinging.

Kean's management record speaks for itself, the changes in the club under the new owners are plain for all the see. But currently nothing is sticking to JA/SEM/SHL/Kentaro/Manmark/Templar Sports/JA Management.

We aren't talking about law, proof, evidence - we aren't a court of law, we aren't police, we are just supporters of a club which is being ruined. We don't NEED to know any law, proof or evidence either, we can LEGALLY PROTEST against anything we want to, on whatever basis we so choose. We need not make (currently) unprovable accusations in that act of protest. We just protest.

When a political group campaign and protest for instance, against "Tory Cuts", or a group of ordinary citizens protest against a hospital closure, they aren't protesting against illegal activity, nor are they seeking to prove it as illegal. What they are in fact protesting about is entirely legal, they merely don't like it and wish to protest, to bring about change. It might even be entirely unfair for them to protest. So what - it's their right.

In our case, we may well all have our own "suppositions" about the activities of SEM, Kentaro and the rest, but they are irrelevant if we can't prove them. Let others get on with that. Right now, if nothing else, Kean is their client and we can campaign against them on that basis alone. If, in time, other stuff comes to light and police or even football authorities start to investigate them, all the better, but right now, an extensive campaign against Kean himself has got exactly nowhere. I do believe, a high-profile protest banner campaign aimed at his business agents will likely yield better results.

Personally, I'd even like a supporter based campaign, throughout ALL of football to exclude all agents. While agents are involved in any way, it's proof positive that there is way too much money in football and they are making themselves incredibly rich at our expense. It doesn't need them, they are just leeches. The millions that clubs just throw away on them - for what? - is incredible. Ultimately, it's got to stop.

One or two clubs have tried in the past to operate without them, but there's been too much greed and self-interest around - and FAR TOO MUCH MONEY AROUND (which, of course, is the only reason "agents" are there in the first place) - to make it a successful way to operate and they always give in.

However, if we get out of this mess, whatever division we end up in, I'd really like a commitment from the then board to exclude agents from all our activities and if a player won't negotiate directly, we don't want him. To me, it's one of the most important considerations of a future Rovers operation. Of course, it will be difficult in an overall murky football world, but there are other suffering clubs who may be willing to make the necessary start on cleaning it up, with us. It has to begin somewhere.

It can start during the Euros with our own particular protest.

kean targets 2 man u youngesters

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/blackburn-rovers-boss-wants-sir-850478

thought kean wanted experience players. when will they learn, u can't get promote on the cheap!!! pathetic AGAIN!!! We need 7 experience championship players not bloody kids!!!

The very fact that Kean, after all that has happened, is in a position to dictate which players we should go for - no wait, scratch that - STILL IS OUR BLOODY MANAGER, is what's pathetic. We're not going to get promoted, Chaddy, the best we can hope for is Championship survival. Time to manage those expectations of yours!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/blackburn-rovers-boss-wants-sir-850478

thought kean wanted experience players. when will they learn, u can't get promote on the cheap!!! pathetic AGAIN!!! We need 7 experience championship players not bloody kids!!!

Very much doubt that this will happen.

Fergie is a big, big mate of Sam's and after that video..............................

And Chaddy, sense of perspective needed, we are sinking fast, survival is the name of the game !!!

Can't see Ferguson doing him any favours due to his own friendship with Allardyce.

Agree completely with the need for experienced players but we know what the problem with that is. They question his ridiculous "tactics" and aren't played. A team full of youngsters, regardless of ability, will be far from enough and we will be in the conference before too long.

Unbelievable isn't it...still calling the shots but NOBODY wants this berk at Ewood!! :angry:

Very much doubt that this will happen.

Fergie is a big, big mate of Sam's and after that video..............................

And Chaddy, sense of perspective needed, we are sinking fast, survival is the name of the game !!!

... at the end of the day who'd want to do business or even want to play for Kean after that vid'? ... hmmm, I can only think of one group of players that he'd be able to get :(

Time now to put Rovers to the back of mind and move on.

Yes I couldn't agree more, I'm not willing to let that idiot and his mates ruin my weekend week in week out. When he's gone I'll consider coming back, but until he's gone I'll be staying away.

He has lost the fans, the players, the board, the media, PL status, but is stronger than ever.

It's amazing really how a football nomark like Kean has somehow managed to complete a coup so easily.

It's the most frustrating time ever in my life as a football fan. The guy has no redeeming qualities and his managerial ability is abysmal, and yet, he is going to continue running us into the ground because he has been given the nod by someone who knows nothing about football.

He has lost the fans, the players, the board, the media, PL status, but is stronger than ever.

It's amazing really how a football nomark like Kean has somehow managed to complete a coup so easily.

I remember Paul Merson once saying that it isn't results or the board who sack you, it's the fans. As soon as they turn on you, you've had it. I thought this was a sensible thing to say, especially coming from Merson.

Keane seems to be totally immune from all of it. As you point out, everyone associated with the club are against him - fans, players, the board and the media have wised up to him somewhat too. He goes out to India for 'crisis' talks and our owner last week says that the club is in total confusion and they don't know what the situation with Kean is.

It's unprecedented that someone with so little support from the key areas remains in a job after relegation. I really believe that it is more than Mrs Desai having a crush on Steve Kean, that is astonishingly keeping him in a job.

He is like some kind of evil supervillian, gains more power from all the criticism and abuse.

• Moderation Lead

There is obviously something untoward going on if the worst manager in our history is still employed, seen many other people around him fired as 'cost-cutting measures' when he earns more than they will in a lifetime.

Then he has the gall to wind the fans up all season.

I just cannot wait for the truth to come out and this living nightmare to reach its conclusion.

Archived