BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean's Future Set To Be Discussed

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did we have any players in the team?

If so I guess it would explain his presence.

Still the voice of reason. Kudos, Ricky.

Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs, Everton, West Brom, even Forest players involved but not a single Rovers player - somewhat surprising given the success of our youth team this year.

My conclusion? The plan is to push ahead bringing youngsters into the first team, getting rid of all the experienced players who may stand up to him, create his own version of "experienced" players, e.g. Lowe, Hanley, Dann, Orr, who will be grateful and loyal for their 'big chance'. They will then sell on any talent they can for whatever profit, regardless of the impact on the football or division we play in. A bit like a poor man's Crewe Alexandria or say... a chicken farm. Nurture the young ones, and sell on - it's all Venkys have ever known - so obvious really. I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere about freezing the older chickens/Salgados/Roberts but I'll leave it.

So I reckon he was there to have a look at some players (who are nowhere near the first team for their clubs) and offer them the chance of first team football at Rovers.

The real question is not were any Rovers players playing but were any SEM clients playing...?

Still the voice of reason. Kudos, Ricky.

Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs, Everton, West Brom, even Forest players involved but not a single Rovers player - somewhat surprising given the success of our youth team this year.

My conclusion? The plan is to push ahead bringing youngsters into the first team, getting rid of all the experienced players who may stand up to him, create his own version of "experienced" players, e.g. Lowe, Hanley, Dann, Orr, who will be grateful and loyal for their 'big chance'. They will then sell on any talent they can for whatever profit, regardless of the impact on the football or division we play in. A bit like a poor man's Crewe Alexandria or say... a chicken farm. Nurture the young ones, and sell on - it's all Venkys have ever known - so obvious really. I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere about freezing the older chickens/Salgados/Roberts but I'll leave it.

So I reckon he was there to have a look at some players (who are nowhere near the first team for their clubs) and offer them the chance of first team football at Rovers.

The real question is not were any Rovers players playing but were any SEM clients playing...?

Likely he was also their to smooze up to all the other managers and coaches that go to these games and tell them how its our fault(the fans) that the club was relegated for being so negative!,

I dont do hate normaly not worth the energy or stress, usually best to just avoid people you dont like as long as they dont get in your way, BUT this Scumbag Stevie Kean wont go away hes like a festering animal corpes thats died somwhere out of reach that just smells worst every day and infects everything around it and when it is disposed of its stench will linger for a long long time.

Hello Jason Isaacs.

I've always been a bit bemused by Keans assertions that he is all about developing young players, the fact that many in the media credit him with this, and that some fans think its some policy for raising money. He seems to forget that young players need nurturing, its not just a cass of putting them in the first team, and who will do that nurturing, Steve Kean? Who actually has he developed? He is Dario Gradi is he? I've not yet detected what his philosophy of football that he is supposed to be imbuing the club with is supposed to be?

I think its likely Hoilett would have been worth more and developed more under Allardyce or another competent manager, he would have have benefitted from proper support from settled backroom staff, been motivated and focused, and all likelihood signed some sort of contract sometime ago even if only for the club to protect his value. A few weeks ago, I totted up the average age of Allardyces starting 11 for his last game and Keans starting 11 for wigan, Allardyce's team 28years old (not including Hoilett who came on as sub) and Keans team 27 years old, wow! knocking a year of the aveage age of first team was really worth while! And I think its likely Allardyce had one eye to the future and would have been looking to replace some of the seasoned pros.

I'm going to Haydock today, and if I can find McRirick (which shouldn't be hard if I sense stale cigar smoke in the air) I intend to hold a "Kean and Venkys out" sign.

I know it won't make a blind bit of difference, I've just always wanted to! :)

Ha made hangover bearable.

I've always been a bit bemused by Keans assertions that he is all about developing young players, the fact that many in the media credit him with this, and that some fans think its some policy for raising money. He seems to forget that young players need nurturing, its not just a cass of putting them in the first team, and who will do that nurturing, Steve Kean? Who actually has he developed? He is Dario Gradi is he? I've not yet detected what his philosophy of football that he is supposed to be imbuing the club with is supposed to be?

I think its likely Hoilett would have been worth more and developed more under Allardyce or another competent manager, he would have have benefitted from proper support from settled backroom staff, been motivated and focused, and all likelihood signed some sort of contract sometime ago even if only for the club to protect his value. A few weeks ago, I totted up the average age of Allardyces starting 11 for his last game and Keans starting 11 for wigan, Allardyce's team 28years old (not including Hoilett who came on as sub) and Keans team 27 years old, wow! knocking a year of the aveage age of first team was really worth while! And I think its likely Allardyce had one eye to the future and would have been looking to replace some of the seasoned pros.

For me, that's a great post, I agree with all of it.

However, even though I think you are right about it being the wrong approach, I feel it is what they are "trying to do here". In the absence of any money or "corporate football acumen" (if that's a valid phrase) they are going for young, cheaper players in the knowledge that wages will be cheaper, and in the hope that they will rise in value to cover running costs.

The sad things is that, unless we get some rich middle- or far-eastern group coming in, any new group taking over, e.g. BRSiT, they will probably have to take a similar approach, the difference being that with a Holloway or Allardyce or other "proper" football manager on board they would blend that with some experience.

Kean Out!

• Backroom

LT reporting Givet may want out - seeking talks but who is there to talk to??????

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/9728432.Givet_may_force_Blackburn_Rovers_exit_following_50_per_cent_pay_cut/

Will be a huge shame when Givet leaves, one of very few players left in our team I respect.

As for MGP staying... yaaaay. I went over to his blog to read his new post and it was nice to see an apology to the fans for what has happened. Oh wait, no, it wasn't, because there was no apology. So that keeps the grand total of playing and/or management staff that have apologised to the fans for relegation as 0. Strange that season tickets aren't being snapped up ASAP, isn't it?

LT reporting Givet may want out - seeking talks but who is there to talk to??????

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/9728432.Givet_may_force_Blackburn_Rovers_exit_following_50_per_cent_pay_cut/

Will be a huge shame when Givet leaves, one of very few players left in our team I respect.

As for MGP staying... yaaaay. I went over to his blog to read his new post and it was nice to see an apology to the fans for what has happened. Oh wait, no, it wasn't, because there was no apology. So that keeps the grand total of playing and/or management staff that have apologised to the fans for relegation as 0. Strange that season tickets aren't being snapped up ASAP, isn't it?

From the LT article: "With Scott Dann expected to depart this summer"

Now that really would be a shame...

• Moderation Lead

From the LT article: "With Scott Dann expected to depart this summer"

Now that really would be a shame...

'I'm having a party, when Scott Dann f***s off!' :lol:

Dann going can only aid Hanley's development. Playing centre half with Dann must be one of the most demoralising experiences any defender could face. It's like going to war with a pacifist by your side...

Clutching at straws but IF Kean & Venkeys not being around for Givet to talk to to escape the mad house, and IF Venkeys are looking to sell soon, (don't think they are but it's a possibility) then maybe Givet will end up not being flogged before new ownership comes in. Can imagine a Hanley-Givet partnership being very promising start to building a promotion chasing team around.

Problem is we're probably stuck with Venkeys & Kean :angry2:

hanley wont stay.

You reckon? I think he will.

Despite some promise and decent performances (especially when he had a run in the team) he's also had a fair few shockers too. Added to which as a former youth player he'll be on a cheap contract. Can't see too many clubs wanting him or us wanting to sell him.

• Moderation Lead

We are still waiting to hear an apology from the manager or club for our relegation. Both the Bolton and Wolves managers apologised to the fans on the day their clubs were relegated, it will be two weeks tomorrow since the season finished and still nothing has come out of the club.

Don't hold your breath, they've done nothing but show contempt for the fans since the beginning, never mind a complete lack of class.

Dignity. Remember the man has dignity.

I'm sure he has penned a 1000 words to say when the time is right!!

Just a bit busy shuffling deck chairs on the titanic ATM.

Dignity a word that I used to love, now literally makes me angry.. especially given the over scripted rubbish spouted by so many.. I know others have noted it here, but seems crazy to me that so few have noted that almost every dignity comment has been the exact same in wording.

And of course he and his co-writer have the next chapter penned in and the next we will hear in the press is how dignified he has been in light of the owners pre-planned indecision about his future (which we all know has been decided baring a magical takeover).

Wonder if the press will bother noting that Kean is on a two week holiday in barbados while Hoiletts contract runs down its last month.

So in the mighty words of dislexic fool called veevs.. Venkys can shove their pelf up their combined proverbials you infelicitous bunch of gullible, lamentable, incompetant and maladroit wastrels.

I'm sure even the ridiculous British press won't call him dignified after the Allardyce video.

The part the media have played in blaming us for our clubs downfall is unbelievably frustrating. I never used to mind at all what they said about us or opposition fans views because there was always something eg we bought the league, dirty team under Hughes, anti-football under Allardyce etc.

But the ridiculous way they have gone about it all......they would always mention from January and April how we had stopped protesting and then it's back to "all season long they have protested"......how he should be praised for handling the "abuse" when he could have resigned at any time and therefore put himself in that position........how he had "done a good job in the circumstances", I mean obviously he has done nowhere near a good job but it's the players who have to play in those "conditions" anyway and we had all week to prepare for the game, he just stands there looking gormless.....and the "conditions" were just mostly "Kean/Venky's Out" and "You don't know what you're doing" anyway.......and what about all the home games eg Wolves, Stoke etc that we didn't protest and still lost or the games we did and won anyway eg Arsenal and Swansea

I hate the comment "you would of probably stayed up if u hadn't protested"....obviously we wouldn't of anyway but most fans don't realise that most of us would rather have new owners and a manager in the Championship than Kean/Venky's in the prem......imagine another season of "If u take the first 20 minutes against Southamtpon, add the next 25 against Wigan along with the 2nd half against Reading, we'd be halfway up the league with a higher valued squad that can all see what we're trying to do".

Come on Salgado or anyone for that matter, speak up before we won't be getting any coverage whatsoever

Archived