BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean's Future Set To Be Discussed

Chris Hall (ITV sports reporter) on Twitter: Source close to Venkys says Steve Kean has been offered a different role at Blackburn, which would clear the way for a new manager. #brfc

So if that tweet is anywhere near the truth my take on it is Venky's have been getting cold feet about their role in the farce and the only way to keep them onboard and thus preventing Venky's walking and revealing who owns the club ,Kean moves position to take the heat off (in the media anyway) and the cash cow continues.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So if that tweet is anywhere near the truth my take on it is Venky's have been getting cold feet about their role in the facade and the only way to keep them onboard and thus preventing Venky's walking and revealing who owns the club ,Kean moves position to take the heat off (in the media anyway) and the cash cow continues.

The journo's need to asking some serious and searching questions should he remain at the club.

Well, as I said on Twitter 2 weeks ago:

"Ben Smalley ‏@roversfanben

Kean to be removed as manager and to be put in charge of youth development in India. Anyone else heard this? Find it very hard to believe.

And for those of you who don't believe that I did say this 2 weeks ago, check the below link:

https://twitter.com/#!/roversfanben/status/197753996490969088

So the news is nothing new. He will be given another role, it will be related to youth development, and it will be based in India. Of this my source is and has been 100% certain for 2 weeks now.

As has been said previously, different role is simply not enough .... Keans incompetence will still manage to find it's way onto the pitch.

Definitely. Why do you think he will be based in India in his new role? Because he has a direct line to Venky's, with no press or fans interfering. This will not be a satisfactory outcome. And if Karl Robinson is appointed manager, regardless of how promising he is, this will be bad news as he will be controlled by Kean from behind the scenes.

As I said yesterday, Kean in India, the new guy in England. I wonder of the two who will have the ear of Desai? He needs removing completely. A new role is not enough.

I wonder why the venkys don't come to England anymore and would that be the same reason that coco wants a role that appears to be based in India

As I said yesterday, Kean in India, the new guy in England. I wonder of the two who will have the ear of Desai? He needs removing completely. A new role is not enough.

Yep ! Kean being connected with our club in any capacity now is totally unacceptable, the loser has to go and begone forever.

I would obviously prefer Kean to take up a different role at the club rather than continuing in the one he currently occupies. In my opinion it depends on what role he takes up, how much power he exerts and where he is based. If he continues as 'Head Coach' or 'Director of Football' or even moves into an executive role it will be completely unacceptable, as whoever is daft enough to come in as manager will have to work in the shadow of both Venky's and Kean, almost an impossible task even with the 100% support of the fans. I think Kean and his agent would continue to manipulate the club from behind the scenes, probably undermining the new manager. I would expect a young, nonentity of a coach to come in who would probably succumb to Kean's influence.

If, however, he is moved to an academy position or an ambassadorial role, preferably based in India, I would consider it to be progress. The best place for Kean is to be at the other side of the world to Ewood Park and the Rovers supporters. So long as he is not involved in the day to day operations of the first team the direct damage he can do to our league status is minimal. I would not be happy with him remaining at the club, but at least we would be able to move on from his horrific tenure.

Fingers crossed for me that he moves away to India and never returns. He can live with his chicken friends on the subcontinent happily ever after with no more protests and the profits of his spell as manager. A lot depends on who on earth would come in to work under Venky's knowing that the backstabber is still lurking in the background, whispering in Mrs Desai's ear all the time.

Hendry manager and Kean DoF.

Wouldn't put it past them.

That would be utterly and completely disastous.

We want neither anywhere near our club.

Personally, I would not trust either and, IMO, their only real interest is in themselves.

They are going to find it hard to get any manager, let alone a one who will take orders from Kean...ffs

Agreed. Think of some of the known managers that are available and would work for a Championship club:

- Billy Davies

- Mick McCarthy

- Lee Clark

- Steve Bruce

That just 4 on the list but can anyone really see them working under the orders of Kean? Nobody with half a brain would do that!

The problem we may now face is if Kean is getting a new role within the club, then they will look to appoint someone who is an unheard of coach who is desperate for a shot at management under any scenario all over again to act as manager, and we then go through the same sodding process.

I wonder why the venkys don't come to England anymore and would that be the same reason that coco wants a role that appears to be based in India

Didn't all the banking move to India? Follow the money

Venky's are just running a couple of kids leagues apparently this does not suggest to me that there is an Academy that needs an head.

That would be utterly and completely disastous.

We want neither anywhere near our club.

Personally, I would not trust either and, IMO, their only real interest is in themselves.

Kean: "Colin would you accept working as manager if I was the DoF? I would still make all the decisions.

Henry: "aye. I just need the cash.

Kean: "Mrs Desai I think fans favourite Colin Hendry would do a sterling job."

Crikey

• Backroom

As much as I would like Kean out of the club... if he's in India in theory he shouldn't be able to affect team selection/tactics nor should we ever have to hear his voice again. I think this might be the best we can hope for as long as Venky's are around. Have always believed Kean will be here as long as they are in some capacity.

What we really need is for Venky's to sell -_-

Archived