BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean's Future Set To Be Discussed

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jack Dyson‏@JackahDyson

Just at Rovers Training ground, thoughts here are that Kean is on his way out of the club... Very nervy atmosphere has to be said! #BRFC

of course it is possible he HAS been sacked but the owners and Kean have decided not to make it public and that quite rightly the players are the first to know......... at least thats what happens at proper professionally run football clubs..... oh wait

of course it is possible he HAS been sacked but the owners and Kean have decided not to make it public and that quite rightly the players are the first to know......... at least thats what happens at proper professionally run football clubs..... oh wait

Maybe they're waiting till the plane is above Ewood, then they'll unfurl a banner with Kean attached to the end... a sacrifice to the mob?

It does raise a topic I was talking to my friends about the other day.

Its got to a point now in the Premier League where only 2 or 3 clubs have a realistic chance of winning the league.

Where does that leave the rest of the clubs who are there effectively just to make up numbers. If a big club like Newcastle,Everton,Spurs etc has a brilliant season the best they can hope for is 3rd or 4th.

For all the enjoyment City have achieved with winning the league, this is totally out of reach for any other club unless they get their own billionaire owner. Is that really what English football is about?

There is talk of Man Utd, City, Chelsea etc going to a European super league. I think the other clubs shouldn't rule this out. The remaining league would be a much more competitive place and give fans real hope they could win something.

Only three or four clubs could win the league since around 1998 I think - when the CL money really started kicking in. If you want to win the league you basically have to have qualified for the CL the year before. Only then can you attract the right players and have the disposable income.

Spurs had a better crack at the league this year because they managed to hold thier squad together because they reached the CL and did quite well last year. Suddenly they look like the sort of club Adebayor, Modric, Van Der Vaart want to play for. Same with Arsenal - CL football helped them land Podolski, gives them a chance of holding onto VdV (provided Man City, Real Madird or Barcelona don't come calling). Newcastle finished fifth but will lose a lot of good players to CL clubs. If the CL wasn't such a divder Newcastle might be able to build and make a challenge but as it is there isn't a scooby. It's an appalling shame.

CL has ruined competitive top level football. It creates an astonishingly two speed league which can only be overcome by the sorts of money Chelsea and Man City have outlayed.

Only three or four clubs could win the league since around 1998 I think - when the CL money really started kicking in. If you want to win the league you basically have to have qualified for the CL the year before. Only then can you attract the right players and have the disposable income.

Spurs had a better crack at the league this year because they managed to hold thier squad together because they reached the CL and did quite well last year. Suddenly they look like the sort of club Adebayor, Modric, Van Der Vaart want to play for. Same with Arsenal - CL football helped them land Podolski, gives them a chance of holding onto VdV (provided Man City, Real Madird or Barcelona don't come calling). Newcastle finished fifth but will lose a lot of good players to CL clubs. If the CL wasn't such a divder Newcastle might be able to build and make a challenge but as it is there isn't a scooby. It's an appalling shame.

CL has ruined competitive top level football. It creates an astonishingly two speed league which can only be overcome by the sorts of money Chelsea and Man City have outlayed.

Look at Spanish and Italian football theres a similar problem, that problem i have to agree is compounded by the ChampionsmLeague.

Northern Rover ‏@Northern_Rover

Also thanks for all the #ff I am truly humbled. Your are all awesome.

Northern Rover ‏@Northern_Rover

If he is safe will talk to journos he is friendly with.Sorry I can't say more but it is no use reporting unverified rumours, causes havoc!

It's like watching Titanic all over again.

Without the comfort of Kate Winslet's cans.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if he's sat on the plane, licking his lips ready to announce to the world just how he had a very positive meeting. What a proper see you next Tuesday. Total rat.

Andy Cryer - I know what I am hearing but what is the point in speculating at the moment because nothing confirmed.

James Ducker (@DuckerTheTimes) - The lack of communication at #BRFC is alarming. Lot of people think they know Kean's fate but still waiting for confirmation from A Desai

Alan Nixon - Don't apply logic with this lot. U will go nuts. There have been two camps for months. Can't continue.

Too late Alan, I have gone nuts after the last couple of days !!

Archived