BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean's Future Set To Be Discussed

I very much doubt Kean will be sacked. There is a very simple reason, which even the Raos will appreciate and is rarely mentioned here, without Kean there is literally no one to run the club.

Presumably Karen Silk has the ability to run the admin side but Kean would seem to be the only football person left.

Don't underestimate how completely and utterly stuffed we are at present - mass player exodus, no senior officials, no football management, hugely reduced income, fanbase in uproar and incompetent ownership.

If Kean has used these areas, where appropriate, to safeguard his position a lack of action is not surprising.

My guess is the Raos have been turned down, again and again, by potential candidates for Kean's job. They realise if he is sacked there is simply no management, no matter how poor, at the club and Mrs D realised this.

We face a summer of no management changes, no signings, nothing. The club fell off a cliff and continues in free fall - sacking Kean, from Mrs D's perspective, has the potential to make it even worse.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just on where Hoilett lives, it's near the training ground and not Manchester.

I'm completely at a loss here, I can't decide if this 'Hoilett to sign new deal' stuff is a product of journalists simply not having a clue about what's going on, or it's that crackers that it could be true!

The goings on at Ewood are unpresidented in footballing terms, a manager with an appalling record has managed to keep his job by promising to get a player to sign a new deal?? You couldn't make this cr@p up.

I'm holding on to the fact Keans usual brief would be to ring sky sports news to let them know he's still boss, that's not happened here, so he's clearly not so ''cock sure' of himself this time around.

If he does stay as manager I urge everyone who has bought season tickets to return them, it's the only protest you have left.

No Kean is being tested - he gave his "vision", with lots ideas and promises. One of which was that if they kept him, Hoilett would stay.

The acid test is now to see if what he said is true - Hopefully Mrs D has been on the phone to Juniors agent, rather than go through an 'advisor' who will just bluff her...and found that he is off. Ideally Hoilett and his agent would stick the knife in and say 'No chance with Kean as boss'.

Sincerely hope you are right, unless Kean said 'ask Jerome' !

Just on where Hoilett lives, it's near the training ground and not Manchester.

I'm completely at a loss here, I can't decide if this 'Hoilett to sign new deal' stuff is a product of journalists simply not having a clue about what's going on, or it's that crackers that it could be true!

The goings on at Ewood are unpresidented in footballing terms, a manager with an appalling record has managed to keep his job by promising to get a player to sign a new deal?? You couldn't make this cr@p up.

I'm holding on to the fact Keans usual brief would be to ring sky sports news to let them know he's still boss, that's not happened here, so he's clearly not so ''cock sure' of himself this time around.

If he does stay as manager I urge everyone who has bought season tickets to return them, it's the only protest you have left.

+1

• Backroom

I very much doubt Kean will be sacked. There is a very simple reason, which even the Raos will appreciate and is rarely mentioned here, without Kean there is literally no one to run the club.

Presumably Karen Silk has the ability to run the admin side but Kean would seem to be the only football person left.

Don't underestimate how completely and utterly stuffed we are at present - mass player exodus, no senior officials, no football management, hugely reduced income, fanbase in uproar and incompetent ownership.

If Kean has used these areas, where appropriate, to safeguard his position a lack of action is not surprising.

My guess is the Raos have been turned down, again and again, by potential candidates for Kean's job. They realise if he is sacked there is simply no management, no matter how poor, at the club and Mrs D realised this.

We face a summer of no management changes, no signings, nothing. The club fell off a cliff and continues in free fall - sacking Kean, from Mrs D's perspective, has the potential to make it even worse.

I don't think you're too far out there at all, Paul.

Sacking Kean is no longer just sacking a manager. The Raos have mismanaged the club so badly it's now more like sacking five different positions at once with no willing candidiate ready to step in and assume the multiple roles Kean fills.

Regardless of what happens, I don't see Kean leaving the club entirely. At best he gets moved into another position and somebody else takes over managing the playing staff.

That's a terribly depressing picture you paint there Paul.

Only way to get Kean out then is to get Venky's out. We have 6 months to do it, or by this time next year we'll be talking about a forthcoming League 1 campaign.

That is if there is a club left to talk about !

I hope that Venkys get a CEO in straight away with the first job to sack Kean and replace him with a decent manager. That would be the sensible thing to do, so i'm not holding my breathe.

That's a terribly depressing picture you paint there Paul.

Yes but without collecting all the evidence, we've all read it, this is the reality.

No matter what we all want.

There are some good points their Paul. Look at the opposite to what you have said, and , like someone has previously posted on this forum, there is a massive opportunity for Venkys to turn it all around in their favour.

They kow the fans do not support KEANSCUM and they know that as a resuilt of that the fans are really negative about anything Venkys. If they pull the trigger then they have the opportunity to rebuild some of the burned bridges.

Firing KEANSCUM allows venkys to come out and say they made mistakes.

Then they have the opportunity of giving their vision for the club UNDER a proper manager. Some say there is noone out there to manage the club. Of course there is, it is an attractive club at this moment even if we are in a right old mess.

Allowing a manager to manage and then employing a foobtall man at the helm and based at Ewood will then build a proper working relationship, allow for better communication witht he fans, increase positivity, increase ST sales as well as corporate sponsors because it all that negativity which is keeping them away.

IF vemkys have their wits about them they can easily deflect all attention away from the. Granted, it wont all go away in one summer but at least they will have a sense of good feeling coming back at the club, even more so if the team get off to a flier in the league.

I really dont think Rovers are that poor a side, its the quality of the management that has let us all down.

Venkys actually find themselves in a surprisingly good position BUT only if they grasp it by the ###### and NOW.

Lets hope eh ??

KEANSCUM OUT

Am I the only one who's past caring if Kean goes? Even if he does go I'm still not going back until the slime have sold up.

Every penny spent is a vote of confidence in the goons

It depends on what else they do. It will take a lot more than just sacking Kean to get me back onto Ewood but it would be a start.

Unfortunately I don't have any sort of confidence in them picking a suitable replacement, they've made cock up after cock up since they arrived and haven't shown any signs of that changing.

Even if Hoilett suddenly decided to stay at Rovers just one man isn't going to get us out of this league, he's not that good.

If what Kamy is saying is true then it shows what really interests the Venky's and that's money, they want that Hoilett money and don't care about anything else.

Well yeah... Why do you think they bought Rovers in the first place?!

Hopefully v's are just letting Kean stock up on as much duty free whisky as he can fit in his case... Get back to Surry, he can lock himself in, v's can announce he is sacked and he can proceed to drown his sorrows and munch some pedegree chum

Well this seerms to be one player Kean wont be keeping, not that he's probably bothered if rumours of Brockhall bust-up are correct.

Graeme Bailey‏@SkyGraemeBailey

Sky Sports understands the race to sign Steven N'Zonzi has begun with nearly half the Premier League keen on him. http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11676/7763376/N-Zonzi-battle-begins

They've really painted themselves into a corner now, by which they cannot hope to succeed.

They can't sell the club because they want too much money for it.

They've sold off the best players to pay off the debts.

The manager's unsackable because he's the only one who wants the job.

The manager's incompetent and a proven liar.

The fans are walking away.

Venky's won't provide any money for signings, they don't want to externally fund the club.

Income's just gone south in a big way.

There's no way out of that except relegation or administration or both.

Hopefully v's are just letting Kean stock up on as much duty free whisky as he can fit in his case... Get back to Surry, he can lock himself in, v's can announce he is sacked and he can proceed to drown his sorrows and munch some pedegree chum

yup - if they dont do sackings face-to-face, this might be the case.

let him fly back to the UK and get Ms Silk to fire him

If they pull the trigger then they have the opportunity to rebuild some of the burned bridges.

Fully understand and appreciate all you say there 1864 though it would take a CEO and manager of very significant calibre to achieve this.

The point I would take you up on is the quoted one; I will never applaud, trust, believe or have any faith in any member of the Rao family or Venkys company management. For me the damage and the hurt is too deep for them ever to be granted any recognition whatsoever.

Ultimately it is a question of trust, they've done it once, they can do it again. It's like a marriage when one partner plays away, the other may forgive, time may heal much but there will always be the little nagging question of doubt - can I trust him/her? For me it's the same with the Rao family. There is nothing these people can do to gain my trust.

Fully understand and appreciate all you say there 1864 though it would take a CEO and manager of very significant calibre to achieve this.

The point I would take you up on is the quoted one; I will never applaud, trust, believe or have any faith in any member of the Rao family or Venkys company management. For me the damage and the hurt is too deep for them ever to be granted any recognition whatsoever.

Ultimately it is a question of trust, they've done it once, they can do it again. It's like a marriage when one partner plays away, the other may forgive, time may heal much but there will always be the little nagging question of doubt - can I trust him/her? For me it's the same with the Rao family. There is nothing these people can do to gain my trust.

V's argument could be look at what Mike Ashley did at newcastle, cut costs, relegation, re-build and Europe. Their fans felt like we do now a couple of years ago.

But this has gone far deeper and is far more rotton that their situation sadly

Personally I think if Venkys were to bin Kean and there was an upturn in our fortunes on the pitch the majority of Rovers fans would return and semi-accept Venkys, just look at 'massive club' Newcastle. Ashley has gone from public enemy number one to being exalted from on high for reducing the wage bill and building a team on solid foundations. Football fans are a fickle bunch.

Personally I think if Venkys were to bin Kean and there was an upturn in our fortunes on the pitch the majority of Rovers fans would return and semi-accept Venkys, just look at 'massive club' Newcastle. Ashley has gone from public enemy number one to being exalted from on high for reducing the wage bill and building a team on solid foundations. Football fans are a fickle bunch.

While his changes were sweeping Ashley did at least attend games, chair boardmeetings and maintain a functioning club heirarchy.

True. howver, Newcastle do have a management structure in place, which helps, and a savvy owner who does have an understanding of football !

Archived