BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean's Future Set To Be Discussed

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The stuff about them wanting Hoilett to stay dosent add up. What happened to "We love Samba/Salgardo and Nelson and wont let our best players go".

What I can believe is that they somehow manage to get him to sign a new contract and sell him as fast as they can. That will be the Kean promise.

I am told that Kean future hangs on whether whatever he has told the owners about Junior can be stood up. No doubt we'll find out today.

That's incredible, the decision hangs on whether Hoilett stays or goes....! Nothing to do with being a crap tactician that got us relegated, or telling lie after lie, or slagging off a former manager.... I could go on but we know the rest.

Whatever happens with Kean today or next week, the fact remains that Mrs Desai and her family need to go. Their decision process and motives towards Rovers is absolutely shocking and like people have mentioned already - whoever would replace Kean may just become another puppet in their quest to destroy this club.

They now have a chance to change their approach and appoint a CEO to run the club for them and make football decisions (ie. hire a credible manager), but history's telling Mrs D obviously doesn't take advice. Therefore, the fans have no choice but to revolt and demand a change of ownership and damage Venkys reputation as much as possible.

Again----I don't think it matters whether he plays for us or not---just that he signs a new contract so they can get the money for him! Remember how incensed they were about the fee for Jones?

How are they feeling then about the possibility of Hoilett leaving for nothing?

Their whole "vision" is based on selling our best players. In reality its the only way they can hang on.

He can be convincing and if someone told you 'keep me and hoillet stays, sack me and he goes' then obviously they would think about it because they want to get back to the prem and hoilett would help that. The problem is, it will never happen so they just need to see through the lie and sack him.

However, this theory just sounds weak to me because if it was the case then it would take a simple phone call to Junior Hoilett and ask him...or even to his agent. Employer (Venky's) calling Employee (Hoilett). What is the big deal there?

Really? Where did that rumour start?

Their whole "vision" is based on selling our best players. In reality its the only way they can hang on.

In reality, without massive extra cash - its the only way clubs our size can survive. Build players, sell for big profit and re-invest etc.

Incredible. So his complete inability to manage the team/club doesn't count as important. They/she really is as stupid as it comes. Unless...it's their 'excuse' for getting rid of him.

I agree, it is incredible. UNLESS he has managed to get Junior to agree to some sort of deal which is mutually beneficial to the club and the player, for example he signs a deal and with a fixed release clause, for arguments sake let's say £10 million. He is sold for £10 million and he gets a cut of the transfer fee (which is more than any signing on fee he would get), thereby Rovers make more money then they would've (especially if he is going abroad) and Junior benefits.

It still seems far fetched, would love to know what he has promised them RE Junior, but it seems from what sources are saying in Pune that was a big contributing factor in him not being sacked yesterday. Kean is due back today, so let's see what happens today.

So do we expect to find out today? Does anyone actually know if today is the day? I expect him to stay and the sooner all this is confirmed the sooner I can get on with my life! Christ I love/hate rovers!

As it stands and if we are to accept the media interest in Junior Hoilett, there are a vast number of options open to him and I suspect that re-signing a Rovers contract is firmly at the bottom of his priorities.

Bayern Munich - potential CL champions and can offer him the highest platform to play on, not too sure whether he would be a regular in the team.

Spurs - Champion wannabees but a class team to play football for. Again, its an interesting project and like Bentley, would he find the grass greener at WHL ? I am not too sure he could dismantle the likes of Lennon on a permanent basis, not to mention get in the team as a forward.

Arsenal - Great footballing side with class players and who are looking at top rate players. Not too sure Junior fits the bill with Walcott and Oxlade-Chamberlain way in front of him.

Man U/Man C - not a chance they will be looking not good enough for them.

Newcastle - could be the attraction of 50k every game and European football.

Reading/Wigan/Villa/Stoke - no doubt he would flourish at a club like Villa but the others ? Give me a break. Stoke have shown they favour Etherington and its a graveyard for right wingers ala Pennant. Reading could be an option but are they capable of surviving the drop next season ?

Everton/Liverpool - good options but not sure about LFC who will no doubt be looking to spend big. With Carroll and Suarez he wont get a look in up front as a striker and not too sure he could play the Liverpool way.

Everton have progressed big time and now they have a striker of value in Jelavic they may be the team to provide the platform for him. Not sure they could afford a reported £5m compensation fee. For me Everton might be the attraction he needs if they dont go for Pienaar as a full time signing.

Anyone else Premier League ? looking around not sure which teams he would be prepared to drop for.

Rovers - with the clueless muppet in the management role we have NO chance of him re-signing. Clearly Junior see his future without the likes of KEANSCUM in the background.

Foreign based clubs - more likely he will end up in Germany or France IF not England.

Letys hope Mrs D and her family are reading the fans thoughts.

KEANSCUM OUT

In reality, without massive extra cash - its the only way clubs our size can survive. Build players, sell for big profit and re-invest etc.

well we were getting a nice wadge of extra cash courtesy of the premier league. Maybe if theyd looked after our PL status by not putting/keeping that turd in charge we'd still be getting it.

Of course we'll always need to sell players, but signing players just to sell them is ridiculous.

Im sure the recent events will be brought forward by the action group at the FA/ Government meeting.

Even the blinkered Scudamore has to realise we have been screwed.

Hope there is some rule somewhere that can safeguard what's left of our club.

If reality exists, and I presume at this stage it may, Kean will definitely be removed. Either sideways to some new job, overseas youth development manager as they feel a degree of loyalty or released. The breakdown of professional relationships and the development of family friendships in their place is a big issue. I would suggest Mrs Kean flying to Pune this week makes it difficult for the owners who have got themselves in this mess to release Kean there and then. I think because of all this they, or Mrs Desai at least, wanted to hear the views of the manager and in some part question just how flawed his plans are. Kamy says it hangs on the Hoilett story. I think he will go and the Hoillet plus other stories are the confirmation the owners required for what will be a painful parting for them. They should learn the lesson - this isn't a family business. It's a cut throat business where success and failure come in extreme's and the manager is the making or breaking of the club and micro management, PR and ultimately stability are advantageous and attractive features of a club.

Despite what the media say, this is a very attractive job. An under performing squad with some of the best players frozen out. £20m to spend in 18 months. Owners who won't sack you even when it gets bad and who are a long way away and who know little about football and appear to be easily influenced. Quite the opposite to the doom and gloom I think a clever manager will want this job at least in the short term. A easy chance to boost your CV. And if you're winning, they need you more than you need them.

What would be disastrous is if they pick another failed manager, Bruce, Mcleish or that ilk.

If Kean doesn't go then it is complete madness. By a fortune of luck and poor championship teams he may convince the owners that 6th next season is a very good season and still imp along but this is best case. The issue is the fact he is now tarnished in the game beyond repair. The current squad have always had a lowly opinion of him, why wouldn't they? We know they do from the anecdotal evidence from many sources. However potential signings will simply make Blackburn their last choice. The football industry, agents, players, other managers vying for players will know it's a grave yard. Like Rochina, Goodwille, Vukevic you too could be frozen out (and off the pitch too where Kean has proved he is unable to work with such as Hunt, Williams and Co) by an inexperienced manager who has personality issues. Rovers will simply get by with ever decreasing income or worse be mired in a relegation battle - if they manage to put up a fight.

We need a funeral march down Bolton road on the first game of the season. We will leave a coffin outside the ground to symbolise the death of the club.

Like it...Ending with a funeral pyre. They should get the message then

It now appears that Kean is selling the line that only he can persuade Hoilett to sign a new contract and that the owners may be buying it! Utterly incredible what a liar he is and how gullible they are.

There is no chance of him staying of course but I'm not sure that matters to Venkys. What they want is to be able to get top price for him----that will keep Rovers afloat for a few more months and

most importantly, require nothing financially of them.

This is the most plausible thing I've read over the last few days imo. Nothing to do with our feelings, the total failure of Kean on and off the pitch or the reputation of the club. If Hoilett goes on a tribunal they have to put their own money in, if he signs something on the understanding that they'll sell him anyway they get 10 million and won't have to put their hands in their pockets. A simple business decision to someone who doesn't care about their baby in the slightest. A disgrace to the rest of us.

Without extra cash,yes,it is the only way. But they promised the cash didn't they? The reality is they had no intention of keeping their promises.

So Kean's job is to get as much money for the Rao's as possible from selling players and he's messed up with Hoillet so he might be sacked? Is my understanding correct?

No Kean is being tested - he gave his "vision", with lots ideas and promises. One of which was that if they kept him, Hoilett would stay.

The acid test is now to see if what he said is true - Hopefully Mrs D has been on the phone to Juniors agent, rather than go through an 'advisor' who will just bluff her...and found that he is off. Ideally Hoilett and his agent would stick the knife in and say 'No chance with Kean as boss'.

Archived